Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BOSE QuietComfort QC35 II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

sweetie wrote: »
    £179 on currys.co.uk (not reduced on currys .ie unfortunately)

Not showing at the price for me, they are £225.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭keos

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Not showing at the price for me, they are £225.

Only the silver ones are at £179

• Registered Users Posts: 27,784 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

morchgally wrote: »
    Sorry to hijack here but wanted to ask if anyone has had issues connecting the QC-35's to Windows 10 and if so were you able to resolve it?

I have tried a couple of different guides online without any success..
    rom wrote: »
    It's a know issue. Never got it to work other than headphone and not headset.
    morchgally wrote: »
    Thanks Rom. I was able to get it to work by uninstalling the bluetooth drivers on Windows and reinstalling them. That being said, when the microphone is in use there is a very annoying white noise/static present so I reverted back to using my old USB headset for calls. They work well for music but would rather have both music and mic on the one unit. From my research it has something to do with the Low energy bluetooth (LE) that the Bose QC35 uses which Windows struggle to connect with.
    ablelocks wrote: »
    similar issues with Bose 700's and from my ltd research neither Bose or Microsoft are doing anything to sort it out.

on MS teams, i have to use the surface mic to speak and the headphones to listen. if i try to use the headphones mic, i can't hear.

so much for the convenience of one headset for multiple devices across applications.

only found out about it yesterday, but Bose brought out a firmware fix (for the 700s anyway) in May that seems to have resolved most issues. I used headphones today for spotify, teams and zoom calls with no issues...

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭marrm

Bought Bose 700s a few days ago from Amazon.de

Special offer: €259 including postage. :)

But they only charged to 13 hours' usage (instead of 20), even with firmware upgrade. Checked the Bose chat - they all have that fault, according to 200+ complaints. :mad:

Returned them for a full refund. ;)

I'll stick to my Sony WH1000XM3s - they don't look as nice, but sound better and last for 30+ hours on 1 charge. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

marrm wrote: »
    Bought Bose 700s a few days ago from Amazon.de

Special offer: €259 including postage. :)

But they only charged to 13 hours' usage (instead of 20), even with firmware upgrade. Checked the Bose chat - they all have that fault, according to 200+ complaints. :mad:

Returned them for a full refund. ;)

I'll stick to my Sony WH1000XM3s - they don't look as nice, but sound better and last for 30+ hours on 1 charge. :D

The fault is only in the reporting as far as I have tested, I haven't noticed any drop in battery performance on the latest firmware at least. They're a fantastic set, and at that money a complete steal. I've had mine for a few months and would highly recommend them, the added equaliser is a big bonus.

The fault is only in the reporting as far as I have tested, I haven't noticed any drop in battery performance on the latest firmware at least. They're a fantastic set, and at that money a complete steal. I've had mine for a few months and would highly recommend them, the added equaliser is a big bonus.

didn't hear about the battery issue - haven't noticed any drop in battery before or after the fw update.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

ablelocks wrote: »
    didn't hear about the battery issue - haven't noticed any drop in battery before or after the fw update.

The issue is that the headphones report being 80% full after a full charge on the latest firmware(on mine and others I've read about). But it's a reporting issue, rather than an actual drop in battery life. I seem to be getting more than the advertised 20 hours consistently on mine anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sheldon16

Hi All,

I might be in market for new pair of QC35s due to issues with current one. Anyone heard of these? https://www.onbuy.com/gb/bose-quietcomfort-35-wireless-headphones-ii-black~c11487~p9688836/

Checked Amazon Germany and getting €230.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭shanec1928

sheldon16 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I might be in market for new pair of QC35s due to issues with current one. Anyone heard of these? https://www.onbuy.com/gb/bose-quietcomfort-35-wireless-headphones-ii-black~c11487~p9688836/

Checked Amazon Germany and getting €230.

Thanks
    check the warranty on them. I’ve just sent mine off for a new pair as they we’re turning on randomly even when powered off. Got mine off Amazon in 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pat1981

I have a qc 35 mk1 and had 2 replacement (exchanges) due to faulty anc.

I hadn't been using my 3rd pair, literally brand new , and now they are turning on (green led) without me turning the switch on.

I only noticed as they were trying to pair with my tv. Its a software issue.

I reset and updated to latest software but still have the issue.

I contacted bose customer support and because I am out of warranty they will give me a 20% discount on a new pair, 209 pound for mk2.

They offered me no other solution and I declined there offer.

I mistakenly thought they would either exchange or repair but there solution was a monetary one.

Needless to say I will never buy a bose product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

I must say, I took a punt on the SoundCore Lifeq20.

I have a pair of Bose in the house too. Side by side, not much difference. NC is a touch better on the Bose (but without then side by side you either know).
    Sound on the SC is very bassy tho but if you just want a pair of office NC headphones then they might do the job (and at around 50quid).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭kenmm

pat1981 wrote: »

I hadn't been using my 3rd pair, literally brand new , and now they are turning on (green led) without me turning the switch on.

I contacted bose customer support and because I am out of warranty they will give me a 20% discount on a new pair, 209 pound for mk2.

I mistakenly thought they would either exchange or repair but there solution was a monetary one.

How old are they? Amazon tried that schtick on me after my replacement kindle died (on the 11 month mark, 21 months or so after I bought the original). Todd then I wouldn't expect a device like that to last less than two years anyway. It didn't take much to push them to replace again.

It's like the first line of defence is to fob you off..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,123 ✭✭✭shanec1928

I had that exact same issue. Just sent mine back this week. Got mine in 2018 didn’t even have to argue about it straight replacement. Just had to send mine back first and now waiting on the replacement. It’s a known fault try again. I got support via WhatsApp.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭pat1981

I tried customer support, then they referred me to technical support in the uk, she asked me to write in detail the history of the qc35 with screen shot of shipment replacements.

She said by doing this should help me receive an exchange.

I sent three emails with replies and they would only exchange for 209.

I think the frustrating part they never acknowledged the contents of my email, deflection at its best.
    I tried customer support again but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭chillinpenguin

I tried customer support, then they referred me to technical support in the uk, she asked me to write in detail the history of the qc35 with screen shot of shipment replacements.

She said by doing this should help me receive an exchange.

I sent three emails with replies and they would only exchange for 209.

I think the frustrating part they never acknowledged the contents of my email, deflection at its best.
    I tried customer support again but no joy.

I had a 2018 pair that kept resetting themselves (issue is all over the forms) got replacements from Bose uk WhatsApp. They tried to offer me a big discount but I refused i insisted my headphones where not broken but rather there was a software glitch they then said they would replace for free.

Only took a week for replacement with them covering cost of return so keep at them they are offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

If you fancied a bit of email tennis. Your statutory rights will get them replaced within 6 years of purchase. Just saying

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭WEST

I was looking to buy a decent wireless headphones and based on reviews, I was going to pull the trigged on the Sony WH-1000XM3. However, it seems Google are offering the QC35 II free with the Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G which I might go for.

However after reading this tread, its seems that it is not uncommon for the QC35 II to have issues and also on the reviews I have read the WH-1000XM3 seem to be the better headphones overall especially in sound quality. In light of this, would you recommend the QC35 II?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭carq

I own both - Bose for nearly 2 years and Sony for 1 month.
    Sony has nice features like swipe the ear can to change song etc.
    But turning it on / off is a bit of a faff compared to the bose.

Also the Sony does not auto switch off like the bose if the music stops after 20 mins. It will remain on if it is still connected to bluetooth.
    This is a big flaw in my opinion.

On the other hand the bose battery life dramatically dropped after about 1 year and recently having sound issues for Bass songs at medium volume - vibration noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

carq wrote: »
    Also the Sony does not auto switch off like the bose if the music stops after 20 mins. It will remain on if it is still connected to bluetooth.

Not a flaw, it means that you can use the ANC without any music playing. I use it on bus journeys to sleep for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

carq wrote: »

My Bose don’t auto switch off, maybe I have an older firmware. I use the noise cancelling without music for hours when sleeping or working.

Bose QC 35II - €205 from Amazon.es

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭flipflophead22

Damn thats a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,725 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Dunno if this is the right place for it but thinking of selling mine, first gen. It's not getting any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dr. Steve Brule

A super price. One thing to note - the triple midnight QC35ii was never updated to have Bose AR hardware added to it.

It probably isn't a big deal to anyone really, just something to be wary of.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Unknownability

unkel wrote: »
    Dunno if this is the right place for it but thinking of selling mine, first gen. It's not getting any use.

How much would you be thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,725 ✭✭✭✭unkel

How much would you be thinking?

Whatever the going rate is, mine are in excellent condition, come with the original box too. PM me if you're interested and I'm sure we can work something out if you can come collect it from me in Lucan.

Hi All,

Bose QC35II in Black @ £185 on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

I bought these when they first came out, the Bluetooth version about 3 years ago I think it was maybe more. Love them they are great used them right through university and beyond for study. One thing I noticed recently was a few signs of wear on the leather foam ear parts. Can they be replaced when they wear down? Mine are still grand but I do use them everyday and its inevitable they will wear more.

• Advertisement

I bought these when they first came out, the Bluetooth version about 3 years ago I think it was maybe more. Love them they are great used them right through university and beyond for study. One thing I noticed recently was a few signs of wear on the leather foam ear parts. Can they be replaced when they wear down? Mine are still grand but I do use them everyday and its inevitable they will wear more.

yes you can get replacement ear foam parts on amazon / ebay which are cheaper than the ones on the BOSE website. I got set for mine last year and still working grand and I use mine everyday.

plenty of videos on youtube on how to remove and replace, although it is as easy as pull off and put on, if I can do it, anyone can :)

Advertisement