uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
Thread Tools Search this Thread
04-05-2020, 13:16   #1
Username you choose
Registered User
Username you choose's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 47
Housing Aid for older people

Hi, my parents are considering applying for the above grant mainly towards Central heating for my parents home, currently they have no hot water (apart from electric shower) and no radiators/back boiler etc...

Parents are in mid 7os, both pensioners. One other adult in home (in receipt of social welfare).

No savings or money to pay for Central heating in full. Has anyone any experience of how to go about the application process and is there a list of tax certified contractors whom they can get to provide the quotes?

Understand there is a long process and it's means tested etc.. Just want to get some info before starting the process.

Thanks in advance
Username you choose is offline  
04-05-2020, 13:30   #2
Registered User
Caranica's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 2,975
All the information will be on their local Council's website. Forms are lengthy but very simple. Councils usually also have a list of contractors. If not, contact their local Age Action who should be able to help with a list.
Caranica is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Remove Text Formatting

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Share Tweet