Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AUKEY Quick Charge 3.0 USB Charger 60W (6 ports) - Amazon - ~ £13.60 (60% discount)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

It's the offer over or how do you get the discount?

The offer was only until July 31.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

bough this yesterday not that I needed it however anyone know difference between orange looking slots and green slots?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

the title says AUKEY Quick Charge 3.0 USB Charger 60W, 2 Ports with Quick charge 3.0 & 4 Ports with AiPower Tech

there are 2 orange and 4 green, so mine hasn't arrived yet but by deduction

2 orange are quick charge
    4 green are airpower

Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
    Engineered to refuel devices up to 4x faster than conventional charging. Powered by INOV (Intelligent Negotiation for Optimum Voltage) Technology for fine-tuned power output and more optimized charging cycles. Up to 45% more efficient than Quick Charge 2.0 & compatible with a full range of USB connector types, from A to C.

AiPower Adaptive Charging Technology
    Tuned to support healthier battery function and faster USB charging speeds, AiPower intelligently adjusts power output to match the unique charging needs of all your USB powered gear. With up to 2.4A of dedicated adaptive output per Ai USB port, your devices will each receive the safest maximum recharge rate possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Arriving tomorrow, hopefully fast charges xiaomi mi9 - thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Just arrived (well about 30 minutes) and neither work on Honour Play as fast charge, the joys of tech

Lucky still have time left on prime trial so no financial loss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

mossym wrote: »
    the title says AUKEY Quick Charge 3.0 USB Charger 60W, 2 Ports with Quick charge 3.0 & 4 Ports with AiPower Tech

there are 2 orange and 4 green, so mine hasn't arrived yet but by deduction

2 orange are quick charge
    4 green are airpower

Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
    Engineered to refuel devices up to 4x faster than conventional charging. Powered by INOV (Intelligent Negotiation for Optimum Voltage) Technology for fine-tuned power output and more optimized charging cycles. Up to 45% more efficient than Quick Charge 2.0 & compatible with a full range of USB connector types, from A to C.

AiPower Adaptive Charging Technology
    Tuned to support healthier battery function and faster USB charging speeds, AiPower intelligently adjusts power output to match the unique charging needs of all your USB powered gear. With up to 2.4A of dedicated adaptive output per Ai USB port, your devices will each receive the safest maximum recharge rate possible.

Anyone having issues with this im trying to charge an Ipad but it takes ages to charge and i have it in the quick Charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

torrevieja wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with this im trying to charge an Ipad but it takes ages to charge and i have it in the quick Charge?

It will take ages. iPads don't support Qualcomm QC so will only get 2.4A. That was fast in 2014, slow nowadays.

You should be using an Apple charger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

torrevieja wrote: »

My iPad died this morning, so plugged it into one of the fast charge ports. It was stuck at 2% for over 30 minutes, so had to change it to the regular port and that started to charge it at a regular pace.

Also noticed that my iPhone charges a lot slower in the fast charge port, than the regular iPhone charger or even my old Philips charge hub. Usually 2.5 hours for a full charge, but in the same period it only managed about 45%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Also noticed that my iPhone charges a lot slower in the fast charge port, than the regular iPhone charger or even my old Philips charge hub. Usually 2.5 hours for a full charge, but in the same period it only managed about 45%

Glad I did not get this for my iPhone...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭torrevieja

pretty useless to be honest unless u want to wait a few days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭jamesd

Using my with a samsung s9 and no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

There a multiple charging standards. Power Delivery, Quick Charge etc. I did a lot of research into these a bit back on what was the best one to get for a macbook air as I didn't want to pay the full apple price for a 2nd charger. So it seems that its . a bit of a minefield. There are lots of chargers out there that don't adhere to the spec thus making it possible to damage what you are charging. Having this happen to me before I didn't want to risk it. Would just recommend to check if this charger adheres to the spec in the power output etc before buying it. The person who used to independently test them as a hobby used to have a google sheets page explaining all of them and what ones were good which is basically less than 20% of them and which ones are bad.

I ended up going with Nekteck USB C Wall Charger 4-Port 72W USB Charger with 60W Type C PD Power if your interested.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/best-usb-c-chargers-whats-safe-whats-dangerous/ is the article and the link to the list of good and bad ones in the google spreadsheet.

Advertisement