Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Easons Book Sale

Options
  • 03-07-2003 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭

Get thee to Easons I say!

Yesterday I bought for €35:

LA Confidential, My Dark Places, American Tabloid by James Ellroy
    Zodiac by Neal Stephenson
    Player of Games, Look to Windward, Espedair St. by Iain (M.) Banks
    Random Acts of Management by Scott Adams

Theres loads of good stuff there I have already: a few more Ellroy books, Cryptonomicon by Neal Stepheson (everyone should own one), Complete Works of Shakespeare, Captain Corelli's Mandolin and loads more stuff.

Most books are selling for under a fiver. I got some of the above for €2.99.

Have fun!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭patch

Excellent....time to stock up for my holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Must pop in and have a gander. How much was My Dark Places? American Tabloid is one of my favorite books.
    Fantastic read.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

My Dark Places (which I've just started) was €3.99 if I remember correctly.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Is this sale still going on anyone know? Or when's it over?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

It was still on yesterday.

Though a lot of what I would consider to be the good stuff is gone. Still some cracking titles for cheap though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Ah ok, I'd say so. Will have a look anyway, thanks.

Advertisement