Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Carlow gun shop

• 03-12-2008 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Has the new gun shop in Carlow town opened yet (in the new retail park on the Dublin road)? I was up there a couple of weeks ago and couldn't see it. I drove right around the park and all I could find were signs advertising it. It's called Carlow Country Sports or something. Anyway has anyone any news on it? Is it open yet? Is it worth a look?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭newby.204

sites up and running anyway

http://www.carlowcountrysports.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Rang these guys a few months back after seen there ad in the Irish Shooters Digest they said they have been around for the last 20 yrs or so. Some of there prices are not to bad but some are bit mad 25 euro for a box of Remington .17HMR :eek:. Its good to see another firearms dealer in the sunny south east.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Terrier

Not that we have to many dealers online to compare against but I just took the first 3 brands of ammo that I could compare against..

Remington Accutip .223 55g - Duffys Galway €32.60 \ Carlow CS - €37
    Hornady 22 Hornet 35g- Duffys €27.50 \ CarlowCS €28
    Remington .17HMR - Duffys - €20 \ Carlow CS €25.50

I could understand the odd euro in the difference but €5 is a bit much..

Terrier wrote: »
    Not that we have to many dealers online to compare against but I just took the first 3 brands of ammo that I could compare against..

Remington Accutip .223 55g - Duffys Galway €32.60 \ Carlow CS - €37
    Hornady 22 Hornet 35g- Duffys €27.50 \ CarlowCS €28
    Remington .17HMR - Duffys - €20 \ Carlow CS €25.50

I could understand the odd euro in the difference but €5 is a bit much..

I cant believe how much the remington has gone up I paid 17 euro for a box of .17 HMR the start of this year.. My rifle did not like them so that is a good thing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Yet another retailer that doesn't do target stuff.

It's really annoying that these guys won't stock target ammo, the end result is you get lads turning up to competitions with HV or hollow point ammunition and wonder why they can't use it because the shop said it was 'fine' for target shooting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭cantona1111

Went in there today, didnt know it was open till i seen this thread,
    My friend has a huglu and its a nice little gun, was thinking of getting one, they have a few advertised on the website, very dissapointing, had only few huglus, no second hand stock, gear was expensive

Went in there today, didnt know it was open till i seen this thread,
    My friend has a huglu and its a nice little gun, was thinking of getting one, they have a few advertised on the website, very dissapointing, had only few huglus, no second hand stock, gear was expensive

Thanks for the heads up. Cantona you should call in to connollys red mills in goresbridge martin has a good selection of second hand guns he is only down the road from you or MacCullaghs in banglestown would be worth a try also a little bit more expensive but a nice lad with a lot of experience.I have there numbers if you want them.

Thanks for the heads up. Cantona you should call in to connollys red mills in goresbridge martin has a good selection of second hand guns he is only down the road from you or MacCullaghs in banglestown would be worth a try also a little bit more expensive but a nice lad with a lot of experience.I have there numbers if you want them.

Was in McCulloghs in bagnelstown on saturday, hadnt a great selection but what he had was good quaility, very nice guy, willing to make a deal, my freind bought a few boxes of carts, i dont know what he paid, but he said they were the cheapest around

I will head down to connolys during the week, didnt know they had a gun shop down there

thanks

Was in McCulloghs in bagnelstown on saturday, hadnt a great selection but what he had was good quaility, very nice guy, willing to make a deal, my freind bought a few boxes of carts, i dont know what he paid, but he said they were the cheapest around

I will head down to connolys during the week, didnt know they had a gun shop down there

thanks

The best thing about connolys is you can pick the guns off the rack and get a good feel for them not the biggest gun room around but one of the better ones. Has a good selection covering trap,skeet and game shotguns. If there is something that you like and have seen it on the net ask martin and he should be able to order it in for you. There is nice secondhand Lanber 12g o/u game fixed choke over there my father traded it in there is only about a 20 rounds gone through it:D. I have the exact same gun and cant fault it.

The best thing about connolys is you can pick the guns off the rack and get a good feel for them not the biggest gun room around but one of the better ones. Has a good selection covering trap,skeet and game shotguns. If there is something that you like and have seen it on the net ask martin and he should be able to order it in for you. There is nice secondhand Lanber 12g o/u game fixed choke over there my father traded it in there is only about a 20 rounds gone through it:D. I have the exact same gun and cant fault it.

Thats great, it might suit, stakelums is great for being able to handle the guns, the fella there is sound, i went in to look at cheap seconds and my friend came in just to look, i left with nothing and friend bought beretta onyx, because he got to handle it, means alot i think

• Advertisement
Advertisement