Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Samsung Galaxy S2 is dead

• 01-03-2012 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Guys,

My Samsung Galaxy S2 had drenched in water, it was just for a sec and I immediately pulled out. I tried drying it up with fan heater several times, put it in the bowl of rice more than a week, after all the efforts when I switched on every time it started but then soon shutdown saying your battery life is less than 10%.

I then sent it for repair to mobile operator's service center. They denied repair stating the reason "MOISURE DAMAGE - Liquid intrusion, condensation, dropped in liquid; causing damage to the internal circuit board."

I also tried with the new battery but now it even doesn't boot.

In the below picture, the part in the red circle labelled with yellow sticker is diagnosed as damaged.

Is there any cheaper way I can still bring my phone back to life? Your suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks

87gqtb84ltf8xxn5gny.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,041 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You'd pick up a second hand one or one with a broken screen for what you'll spend to try and fix that.
    If your screen is good, see can you find one with a smashed one you should pick it up very cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭maskabun

You'd pick up a second hand one or one with a broken screen for what you'll spend to try and fix that.
    If your screen is good, see can you find one with a smashed one you should pick it up very cheap.

This is smart, I'll keep this in mind as a best alternate unless I can manage to get that part replaced.

I don't know what that highlighted part is called if I come to know I'm gonna try to get that replaced and see first.

Thanks any way!

Yesterday I tried switching it on and to my amazement it started with full battery status. I was then fully convinced that it resumed functioning fully. I shut it down to put the back cover on and then pressed the ON button again but couldn't then started at all. But this gave me a good hope that it's going start functioning very soon.

I am sending this from my samsung galaxy s2, it's back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

You got lucky there.

• Advertisement

I still have one problem which I didn't notice before that speaker and microphone is not working so the phone is currently running in totally deaf and mute mode. I can make and receive call but of not use as the person at the other end and I cannot hear each other.

I lay phone under sun whenever it is out on the sky in a hope that speaker may dry up and start working again. If not then I shall buy new speaker. On ebay there are two types of speaker available one is loud speaker and another is a combination of vibrator, speaker, microphone etc. From the current situation I can infer that both are not working so I may have to replace both.

Audio is just back without any extra efforts! So another time if someone's phone is damaged in water, a word of advise is PATIENCE.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

maskabun wrote: »
    Audio is just back without any extra efforts! So another time if someone's phone is damaged in water, a word of advise is PATIENCE.

Good to hear man.

But by the sounds of it you started off doing things right.

The second you take it out of the water, you remove the battery asap. Dry it as much as possible after removing the back cover with a towel, after a thorough dry with a towel, pop it into a bowl of rice (uncooked:eek:) and pop it in the hot press for a week.

Then try and power it on. Not before all this.

Advertisement