Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

WWE Releases 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Kurt Angle and Aiden English gone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Nxt uk maybe a bloodbath in terms of cuts. 205 live also. WWE aren't hanging around lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,280 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Lucha House Party and The Colons will surely get released.

Jinder and The Singhs maybe.

I think people are taking the word 'gone' a bit too literally. It's clearly just to free up cash for the company, short term.

I'd presume 90% of those released were told to keep their eyes on their phone once the Covid restrictions are lifted. WWE clearly just don't want to be putting out full wages for everyone if they can avoid it (and understandably so).

Where are they announcing the producers cut?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Following it in real time is mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

So horrible to watch this happen

I think people are taking the word 'gone' a bit too literally. It's clearly just to free up cash for the company, short term.

I'd presume 90% of those released were told to keep their eyes on their phone once the Covid restrictions are lifted. WWE clearly just don't want to be putting out full wages for everyone if they can avoid it (and understandably so).

And yet isn't this company supposed to be the healthiest it's ever been from a cash point of view. So I highly doubt your "it's clearly just to free up cash for the company, short term" line.

This day last year the WWE stock price was $97.25 a share today it is $38.86 a share.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

(((David Starr)))
    They don’t value workers and they never have.

Solidarity with all the workers who have been egregiously cut by WWE at this time.

All of them deserve to be paid their FULL salaries until wrestling events on all levels has been returned to normal.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    And yet isn't this company supposed to be the healthiest it's ever been from a cash point of view. So I highly doubt your "it's clearly just to free up cash for the company, short term" line.

No wrestlemania, and more than likely no summer slam or Saudi shows or live shows at all will hit any company

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Mike Rotunda
    Fit Finley
    Billy Kidman
    Lance Storm

All apparently gone

So they're gone through male wrestlers and now producers. So that leaves female main roster talent.

They're a public company with people investing money into it. Shareholders, etc. etc. they can't be seen to be just sitting there saying 'ah it'll be grand'.

Do you think that these are all permanent? That when WWE resumes again, the roster will have 12 people on it, with no mid-card wrestlers or tag teams?

Of course this is temporary.

(Not saying 100% of layoffs are temporary, naturally it'd be a good clearout of anyone that wasn't being used or was causing hassle).

I can also see some of the ambassadors like flair and those people might also get the chop.

Wonder will Ryder go too if Hawkins is gone

Sarah Logan
    Mike Chioda

Adiboo wrote: »
    Sarah Logan
    Mike Chioda

Really mike Chioda is gone ? Damn.

Sarah Logan and mike chioda too

Jesus mike has been there las long as I’ve ever watched

I wonder will they release the person who contracted Covid-19.

• Advertisement

They're a public company with people investing money into it. Shareholders, etc. etc. they can't be seen to be just sitting there saying 'ah it'll be grand'.

Do you think that these are all permanent? That when WWE resumes again, the roster will have 12 people on it, with no mid-card wrestlers or tag teams?

Of course this is temporary.

(Not saying 100% of layoffs are temporary, naturally it'd be a good clearout of anyone that wasn't being used or was causing hassle).

Just to compare, Manchester United are also a public company, yet they haven't been forced to chop or furlough any of their employees, in fact their paying all their staff, and I'd wager they've a lot more people on their books than the WWE have. So I'm sort of skeptical..

Some of them are probably permanent, others will come back, other will bounce back and end up elsewhere.

sky88 wrote: »
    Sarah Logan and mike chioda too

Jesus mike has been there las long as I’ve ever watched

1989 wrestlemania IV I think was his first big show. Nobody is safe it seems.

Jaysus I though Mike had a job for life because of his friendship with Guerrilla Monsoon and Joey Marella.

So they've moved onto the women and the refs. Jesus nobody is safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,760 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That arm injury must be serious if Sarah Logan is gone :eek:

crazy amount of names gone :eek:

Jaysus I though Mike had a job for life because of his friendship with Guerrilla and Joey Monsoon.

So did I but clearly not.

Samoa Joe probably next likely named inactive so long now

Just to compare, Manchester United are also a public company, yet they haven't been forced to chop or furlough any of their employees, in fact their paying all their staff, and I'd wager they've a lot more people on their books than the WWE have. So I'm sort of skeptical..

Some of them are probably permanent, others will come back, other will bounce back and end up elsewhere.

Disney furloughed 43 thousand people and there one of the biggest companies in the world. It’s sadly the way some companies especially in America conduct business

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

The Irish should be safe enough.

Literally one minute later on the thread.
    ThePott wrote: »
    Finlay, Mike Rotunda (IRS), Lance Storm and Hurricane are also gone as producers.

Be funny if it wasnt so sad.

• Advertisement

(((David Starr)))

Just to add...

https://twitter.com/TheProductDS/status/1250495437812924416
    For anyone who has tweeted “it’s not the time” I have a question?

When the **** is “the time”?

A bunch of workers who are dependent on their salaries just got fired because a multi billionaire made a unilateral decision.

THIS IS THE ****ING TIME

Solidarity with the workers

Advertisement