Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Best gun for the medic class?

• 16-03-2020 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭

What is the best gun for a medic please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

SMG play close support to your squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

No, it was the brand of SMG to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭Homelander

I've started playing as medic now a bit on certain maps (usually recon/assault) and 90% of the medic guns are utter ****. Why have they nerfed the class so badly compared to other BF games?

They added the jungle/commando carbine lately via Tides of War so will give them a go, hopefully be better, but the default range of weapons is useless unless you're on a CQB map (which is rare).

I personally find the sten is generally the best overall SMG in medic class to cover most scenarios/situations as I don't like swapping weapons between games so much. Like the MP40/Tommy too for CQB but utterly useless at any sort of range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

The game is so much harder that Battlefield 1942. I've gotton a little better and I was going to grind the medic up to the Tommy Gun but if your having issues as a regular I wont bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭Homelander

In other BF games the medics always had access to decent multi-role guns. In BFV they seem to have decided that medics should only have CQB weapons even though most maps are medium to long range maps.

Maybe it's a way to sort of force people to play medic rather than be overly focused on combat, no idea. I find I end up barely bothering to shoot, often I am near top of the leaderboard with 1 kill and about 5 deaths, rest is pure healing/revive....not much fun though never getting to shoot anything.

I haven't tried the new Jungle/Commando carbines yet but hoping that will address the problem for me.

The most versatile role is assault. You can basically play highly effective long range, medium range or CQB with the range of guns on offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 thechigger

I used to use the shotgun sometimes on that dock level in bf3 as a medic, it was pretty fun

• Registered Users Posts: 2 evabion

As far as I feel, I found any guns favorite from my site.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 darbyy4singler

my bad, I didn't notice that this is an old thread

Advertisement