Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meghan & Harry: WE QUIT

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

pc7 wrote: »
    I don’t get this argument, the amount of tourism the royals bring into UK is massive. I would have thought they are well covering their costs.

The royals themselves aren't bringing in the tourists, you don't get to meet them. Versailles gets more visitors than any of the British sites long after they consigned their monarchy to history.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

https://twitter.com/JonnyDymond/status/1215004349346308096

Jayzus. More drama than a Coronation Street Christmas special.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

matchthis wrote: »
    Seems to be a sound lad

I'm not fan of the royals but from the I've seen, I agree with you. The worst thing that I heard of him doing was wearing a nazi costume for fancy dress which in my opinion shouldn't have been that controversial - it was hardly an endorsement of the ideology and he was young lad at the time but tabloids gotta outrage. I never heard of him diddling kids or doing the dirt on a partner/spouse or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,017 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I can’t believe the Queen could countenance such treacherous behavior

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    Seems like Harry, who used to be very close to his brother and sister in law, is now completely estranged from them and the rest of the family. I wonder what really happened.

I'd say Stepford Kate didn't fancy being overshadowed by an American actress and never seemed to take to her.

Funny, Charles and the Queen always appeared quite fond of Meghan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,022 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

bitofabind wrote: »

Even how fast they engaged was soap style!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Asitis2019

I, for one, support their decision.

But they should have followed the appropriate protocols before making an announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I'd say Stepford Kate didn't fancy being overshadowed by an American actress and never seemed to take to her.

Funny, Charles and the Queen always appeared quite fond of Meghan.

Supposedly it was Megan who spilled the beans about Williams (alleged) affair and made it become public knowledge. Usually they are pretty good at keeping these things "within their circle" or whatever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

Footage has emerged of him informing the Queen.

dODC4OQAKMGj.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭CFlat

The Queen and the Knights of the Round Table are probably frantically trying to figure out how they can get Meghan into a fast car driven by a drunk Frenchman without raising any unnecessary suspicion:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

Footage has emerged of him informing the Queen.

dODC4OQAKMGj.gif

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Supposedly it was Megan who spilled the beans about Williams (alleged) affair and made it become public knowledge. Usually they are pretty good at keeping these things "within their circle" or whatever

Looks like Kate still hasn't forgiven him either..

Asitis2019 wrote: »

But they should have followed the appropriate protocols before making an announcement.

I don't think Megan knows them!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭PressRun

Part of me wonders if a reckoning is approaching for the British royal family and that some in British high society know the writing's on the wall. With Brexit around the corner and a general feeling of uneasiness about where the UK is going, with the union itself potentially collapsing, I think the relevance of the monarchy is going to be seriously challenged in the coming years. There could be a crisis when the queen dies. She seems to be generally well-liked by the British public, but are the rest of them? The Prince Andrew scandal has done some damage, I think. Did Harry jump because he knows it's going to get messy?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,010 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Maybe that's part of the problem,all those stupid protocols.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭sondagefaux

What protocols? Got a link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Asitis2019

What protocols? Got a link?

Internal communication protocols.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,410 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Christ I’ll have to listen to the Pierck Morgan tomorrow morning once the missus finds out.
    I do recall she saying something about him not on Thursdays but I’m sure the fat **** will show his face anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Strazdas

PressRun wrote: »
    Part of me wonders if a reckoning is approaching for the British royal family and that some in British high society know the writing's on the wall. With Brexit around the corner and a general feeling of uneasiness about where the UK is going, with the union itself potentially collapsing, I think the relevance of the monarchy is going to be seriously challenged in the coming years. There could be a crisis when the queen dies. She seems to be generally well-liked by the British public, but are the rest of them? The Prince Andrew scandal has done some damage, I think. Did Harry jump because he knows it's going to get messy?

Though the counter argument is that Charles / Camilla and William / Kate are squeaky clean and have barely put a foot wrong in the last few years.

The monarchy would be at far greater risk if Harry and Meghan had been next in line to the throne and actually taken up the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,354 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Seems like Harry, who used to be very close to his brother and sister in law, is now completely estranged from them and the rest of the family. I wonder what really happened.

maybe harry voted against brexit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

pc7 wrote: »
    I don’t get this argument, the amount of tourism the royals bring into UK is massive. I would have thought they are well covering their costs.

Neither do I, 99.9% of tourists will never see a member of the royal family, both France and Italy get more tourists than the UK and neither have royal families.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Maybe an increasingly senile Prince Philip accidentally spilled the beans about "operation Paris tunnel."

• Registered Users Posts: 39,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

PressRun wrote: »

Is she well liked or seen as a steadying influence ? I don’t know if Prince Charles is as hated as he seemed to be after diana died.

So seeing as Harry and Meghan are gone who’s on the subs bench to come in and fill there senior roles ? Andrews daughters or princess anne kids ? Someone in the firm is moving from intermediate to senior.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Until they stop taking public money and work for their income, it’s all a PR stunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Who gives a ****e

I'm not up on the Royal family news as I used to be.
    Has Megan first fallen out with most of her family and friends in the states.
    Then got married to Harry and he's done similar with his.
    Now they are leaving the Royal family.
    Or is that just people being over dramatic?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dhaughton99

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Predictable? Or will live to regret it?

https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1214979436396855296
    they specifically not quitting... can a prince abdicate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Mooooo wrote: »
    Who gives a ****e

Well you clicked on the thread read the OP and commented, so you do clearly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

When u read the replies to piers Morgan’s tweet it’s no surprise Harry is jumping ship.the hatred towards Megan is phonomial,certainly the gutter tabloids have seen to that

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement