Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone selling or smuggling drugs should get life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Pmacv1 wrote: »
    Oh yeah, giving junkies an open supply of heroin is a wonderful idea.

If you believe that would be the case you don't know enough about the illegal & legal drugs trade.

Junkies already get an open supply of Methadone to keep them going & they already have pretty easy access to Heroin & similiar type opiates as it is on the black market. Making it legal would take the profits out of the hands of the smugglers & dealers who you want to shoot dead.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

This reminds me, I need to go listen to War on Drugs again

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Pmacv1

If you believe that would be the case you don't know enough about the illegal & legal drugs trade.

Junkies already get an open supply of Methadone to keep them going & they already have pretty easy access to Heroin & similiar type opiates as it is on the black market. Making it legal would take the profits out of the hands of the smugglers & dealers who you want to shoot dead.

Junkies are morons. Anyone who takes drugs in this day and age deserves prison time.

decky1 wrote: »
    Ok God, I don't condone it but maybe someday you might have a family member who for some reason crosses the line, someone you really love , what happens then?:confused:

I'm clever enough to not associate with anyone stupid enough to smuggle or sell drugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Junkies are morons. Anyone who takes drugs in this day and age deserves prison time.

You would have to lock up 60 per cent of the country. I’m sure the big time tax payers try cocaine from time to time. Will we lock them up too? Who will pay for this? Have you ever balanced a countries budget before?

• Advertisement

BDI wrote: »
    You would have to lock up 60 per cent of the country. I’m sure the big time tax payers try cocaine from time to time. Will we lock them up too? Who will pay for this? Have you ever balanced a countries budget before?

Cocaine is the scummiest drug. Anyone selfish enough to use it, deserves jail time.

They should be put into a rehabilitation program. Bottom line is if there are no drugs available, they'll have none to take.

That's true.

So just tell all the people suffering with cancer, anxiety, broken bones, recovering from serious operations etc... were taking away the only thing that gives them some relief & comfort because.....why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Cocaine is the scummiest drug. Anyone selfish enough to use it, deserves jail time.

It’s rife. It’s ingrained in the fabric of society. You won’t get a bird in parts of Dublin if you head to the local night club with no coke. Giving a girl a line is like buying her a drink nowadays. It’s been like that years.

Oscar Wilde would have something to say about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,610 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The politicians and cops are on more drugs than anyone, drugs will always be there because of that.
    I never done drugs but I know a few local dealers, yet the cops with all their resources can't figure it out, come on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

You'd probably be surprised.

Id say you know more people that have or do use it, than you think.

I was very surprised when I was at my uncles 40th a few years ago, we had a really nice bar/restaurant rented out, for the night in temple bar, I was shocked when I realised alot of his friends were taking it all night. Typical 'professional' respectable men you would not assume they take cocaine on the weekends!

It’s rife. It’s ingrained in the fabric of society. You won’t get a bird in parts of Dublin if you head to the local night club with no coke. Giving a girl a line is like buying her a drink nowadays. It’s been like that years.

Oh! That changes everything then!

You'd probably be surprised.

Id say you know more people that have or do use it, than you think.

I was very surprised when I was at my uncles 40th a few years ago, we had a really nice bar/restaurant rented out, for the night in temple bar, I was shocked when I realised alot of his friends were taking it all night. Typical 'professional' respectable men you would not assume they take cocaine on the weekends!

Dirtbags funding crime across Europe and probably as far as south America. Selfishness to fund such things, just because you want to get high.

Oh! That changes everything then!

Yes, that is correct.

Yes, that is correct.

k

Well... there's junkies and there's users.

I've been a stoner for almost thirty years. I also quite enjoy Shrooms and LSD (not regular usage. perhaps every 3-5 years). Did the party drugs in my youth, but grew out of them rather quickly. Never was really interested in any of the more dangerous addictive substances.

Now, I've three degrees, and a variety of diplomas. Been a financial controller and now I'm a lecturer. Will have finished paying off my mortgage in two years time. Perfect credit rating. Single. No dependencies, and no health problems. Private health insurance so I'm not a drain on society if that ever happens.

I've never been a junkie, my use of drugs has never caused any public disturbance or violent crime (except when drunk on alcohol), and I've never been admitted to a hospital/doctor for illness related to my dug usage (again, except on alcohol).

Your attitude is one of ignorance. Lumping every drug together and every person who avails of it. I rarely drink alcohol anymore because of the lack of self-control and violence that sometimes arises from its usage. Never been violent stoned, and apart from some food binges, never lost control while stoned.

Certain drugs (such as cannabis) should be made completely legal, good quality supply organised (since it's healthier), and not taxed to the hilt. It would remove the pressure on crime both for funding the criminal organisations, and would also relieve some social crime. There are very few violent stoners, except for those who mix with other substances like alcohol...

TBH... I think the world would be a much better place if all adults were required to do a weekend on Shrooms. Most people I know who have tripped are far more balanced, less prone to violence, and more patient with other people.

As for alcohol, tax it the same way that cigarettes are taxed, for people who go beyond a certain amount. Alcohol is a horrible drug, and should be pushed into the background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

No health problems after 30 years of smoking weed? You'd think that, but there's probably something in the post for you any year now.

If only one of those degrees or diplomas were sciences related to medicine you might have more insight into this.

Why don't you write a poem about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

No health problems after 30 years of smoking weed? You'd think that, but there's probably something in the post for you any year now.

If only one of those degrees or diplomas were sciences related to medicine you might have more insight into this.

Nowhere in his post did he say he smoked weed. You need to learn to read!

I get a full health check every six months. :rolleyes: How often do you get checked out?

And you could easily be getting such a message yourself regardless of your actual lifestyle.

• Advertisement

Nowhere in his post did he say he smoked weed. You need to learn to read!

You should read between the lines sometimes too.

You should read between the lines sometimes too.

You mean assume with your limited assumed closed minded knowledge. I myself consume cannabis from time to time but I don't smoke it. Perhaps you should educate yourself a little

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

There'll always be a million and one other dealers to take the imprisoned (for life)'s place.

The only way to stop it is to, at the very least, decriminalise drugs.

You mean assume with your limited assumed closed minded knowledge. I myself consume cannabis from time to time but I don't smoke it. Perhaps you should educate yourself a little

This had nothing to do with you. Why don't you ask the poster how he consumes it so. Wading in, like an idiot as usual, because your precious cannabis gets a mention and you just happen to take it by sticking it up your a#se or whatever orifice you enjoy imbibing it. I'm imagining this guy smokes it. He more than likely does. That's not close minded.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

Seems harsh on all the pharmacists, they provide a valuable service.

Tesco too. I bought a whole kilo of 100% pure columbian there the other day, no one batted an eyelid, i even paid by credit card. Those boys don't mess about, they had tons of it sitting right there on a shelf, not one single fúck being given. Madness Joe. Nice coffee though, i need a little chemical push to get me going in the morning Joe, yourself?:D
    Drugs should be legal full stop, if you want your body to experience something as a reaction to imbibing some chemical or another that should be your choice.

I think so too, but i can i suppose understand some of the logic behind attempting to control refined chemicals like cocaine or heroin or whatever.....but the sheer audacity and gobshíteyness (i'm coining this new word;)) required to make a plant illegal - now that's something i can't wrap my head around.

Just think of how idiotic it would be to outlaw daffodils, or turnips....somehow it's less stupid if you're talking about cannabis or certain mushrooms?
    Eh no, i'm afraid it's the very same thing you absolute shower of cockwombles!

This had nothing to do with you. Why don't you ask the poster how he consumes it so. Wading in, like an idiot as usual, because your precious cannabis gets a mention and you just happen to take it by sticking it up your a#se or whatever orifice you enjoy imbibing it. I'm imagining this guy smokes it. He more than likely does. That's not close minded.

Educate yourself, then you can have proper conversations and discussions about how you tackle drugs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Make drugs legal, problem solved.

Absolutely. Why shouldn't everyone be out of the minds and not just a few!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

What about all the smokers, the boozers or even the auld dears addicted to legal benzos and sleepers that the doctor gave them...possibly because their nerves were shot when they tried and failed for the 15th time to give up their legal addiction to nicotine.

This country is packed to the gills with addicts, a tiny tiny proportion are addicted to "illegal" drugs. I say "illegal" because it's an entirely arbitrary distinction, a line drawn in the sand at the whim of public mood.

Cocaine + mdma bad / alcohol + nicotine good - not really what the science would suggest though. Fúck the science, think of the votes, eh i mean the children.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

k

Very popular these days, seems to be easier got than many others, lots of synthetic stuff about too, would be better if there was regulated sales of it to reduce harm I reckon. I don't like it myself but it's all the rage.
    Absolutely. Why shouldn't everyone be out of the minds and not just a few!

Not every drug makes one out of their mind though, coffee doesn't for example, nor does cannabis, alcohol is probably up there with bath salts in terms of how crazy it can make someone can go while under the influence - both of these are legal btw.

Just look at how canada, uruguay and large parts of the US have started falling apart since the legalisation of cannabis, I mean, tax revenues have never been higher, and opiate addiction rates have never been lower, it's fucking awful :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Is this stuff still illegal? Ffs!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement