Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wasteland 3

• 28-09-2016 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭

Just been officially announced :)
    We're thrilled to announce Wasteland 3! This new game will be set in the frozen wastes of Colorado, and will include revamped combat featuring vehicles, let you lead a Ranger Base, and will have a story with deep choice & consequence that you can enjoy either single-player or multiplayer!
    Back us on Fig on October 5th, 2016!
    14450003_1143201455729116_66327502211007043_n.png?oh=3a0088266ee7fe4172ad6c57e70f7448&oe=586BEBA7&__gda__=1484126012_11a9e3ab0119447643b2136a19e6a8e3

https://www.facebook.com/Ranger.HQ/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

should be viewable without a FB account

and here..
    https://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Multiplayer! Finally! These type of games really ought to always have a multiplayer/co-op aspect. I'll have to keep my eye on this!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

sweet i never finsihed the 2nd one, i hit some bug i couldnt get past after i killed the final boss :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Wait, is it actually out in October or there will ne more news?
    I loved second one, but did not finished it. It was like shaking hands with old friend after disappointing way fallout 3+++ went.

Need to get back to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

that's the kickstart date, they've made a load of it already apparently, lots of screenshots floating around - they're looking for 2.75 mil to complete it

there's something buggy about the whole thing - that thunderclap company is apparently part owned by Brian Fargo too - it may just be that they need the funds to publish but it seems a bit off.

I still hope the game is funded properly, i'd like to play it :)

well it's looking like it's gonna be fully funded - 1.88 mil $ already

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/wasteland-3#about

oh, and it's got a Q4 2019 release date. jaysis..

• Advertisement

...and it's fully funded for the stock game

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/wasteland-3?update=190#updates

So this is coming out tonight at 1am (according to steam) dont be surprised if it's thursday night 1am, but yeah

August 27, 5pm PDT - works out as 1am tonight here.

:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

84% on PcGamer, so looks pretty good.

https://www.pcgamer.com/wasteland-3-review/

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,132 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's going straight into game pass if I'm not mistaken.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Indeed it is. Day one, and once again shows how fantastic Game Pass is.

• Advertisement

i think i will feel bad playing this on game pass, like it just seems so cheap to not pay them for the game i know im going to play. But i guess they got big bucks for it so cha ching.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Do you need to know the plots of one and two to play this?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Do you need to know the plots of one and two to play this?

you should fine i reckon, they have multiple endings depending on what you do. Just youtube the previous games endings if your curious maybe. Should be grandddd.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Loving this so far, but definitely a few bugs and performance issues.

The loading between areas is slow as hell even on an ssd.

Loving this so far, but definitely a few bugs and performance issues.

The loading between areas is slow as hell even on an ssd.

Aye, I noticed that too. Loading games or changing areas takes ages. When you playing on laptop you notice weird performance issues. For example my fans go off when I am in recruit new members screen, but all good while playing game. Its weird, as its just a bunch of 2d sprites. When you do special attack to aim at body parts it gets massive performance hit for some reason.

Other then that, i really love it so far. I actually needed to check what time is it and had stop playing. I played good few hours now and I am still doing stuff in Colorado Springs. Still haven't even seen world map!
    I like how they still try to have some humour. Subtle and not so much. The weapon moder perk has really funny pic of a robot holding a gun with Bells and whistles hanging of it. I know its stupid, but got a good chuckle out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Enjoying this a lot. Don't think it comes anywhere close to the brilliance of Divinity 2 but that's such a high bar to follow that you can't really expect it to. It's just a really good, modern Fallout-esque CRPG, what more could you want?

Saying that, I agree with the above that the loading times, even off my NVME drive, are shockingly bad!

il hold off till it gets some update's something about game pass games always feel unifnished.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    il hold off till it gets some update's something about game pass games always feel unifnished.

I played yesterday good few hours and did not find any game breaking bugs. And pretty much the worst thing that I encountered is long loading times when you try to load a game from a save file. Makes save scumming a bit harder hehe.
    Definitely would recommend to give it a go if you were ever a fan of Fallout 1 and 2.

Okay, I put a few more hours in to this and so far I really like it. Finally got some nice setups in my team with a few better gear pieces here and there. The world itself is really interesting so far. Lots of factions, groups etc. and a lot of decisions to make between them.

So far have not encountered any game breaking bugs. Only crashed once while going to other zone and one of my rangers could not move, but loading back to previous save fixed it.

I cant say how long I played so far as MS launcher does not track time played, but my rangers are now level 11-12. So I could imagine, I played good bit so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

How far are you into the game ShadowHearth? I was just thinking that I don't have any good gear pieces and my weapons seem lack luster. I was in the bizarre last night beating people down with nightsticks and pistols because I keep running out of bullets :)

Really enjoying it though and I haven't come across any bugs or anything yet.

• Advertisement

How far are you into the game ShadowHearth? I was just thinking that I don't have any good gear pieces and my weapons seem lack luster. I was in the bizarre last night beating people down with nightsticks and pistols because I keep running out of bullets :)

Really enjoying it though and I haven't come across any bugs or anything yet.

I finished Bizzarre as much as I could, which ment cleaning outside of it and Warren's. After that I cleaned up clown museum and just got back to HQ to turn in missions and see how HQ progressing.
    So far my gear is pretty decent, at least in my opinion hehe. Main guy has M4 something as auto weapon bought in Bizzare, sniper got SVD with mods, weird science guy has freeze gun and some anti vehicle gun, that i bought same place. Others have nail guns and Glock. Armour wise got my heavy fully in Tank Armour and others pretty much in full recon with unique helms etc. Keep in mind almost all of this only gotten after I did whole Bizzare area.
    Funny enough, the only time I had issues with bullets was very start. Kept running out of sniper bullets, but after that, i never had issues. Now and then would just top up at traders. Right now I have 200ish of 5.56 and 7.62 bullets, 50ish energy weapon packs, 40ish sniper rifle, and dont even keep track of handgun ones, plenty of that stuff. Always had around 2-3k dollars etc, but after equipment spending spree and buying 1.7k dollar Kodiak upgrade, I am down to 800.

Story and missions get a lot more interesting after I got back to HQ. Haven't started them yet, but it really picks up in interesting way, not to say, that it was boring or meh before. It just got even better. No spoilers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Not my usual type of game but really liking it so far. Saw it on websites and liked the setting and looked into getting it and the discovered it's on gamepass, cant overestimate how good this service is.
    Game is very tricky on hard but loving the challenge and gameplay is great, some very interesting dialogue and characters. Hope to see the game through but these long games are difficult to complete with real life taking over

i just finished it, tried to play the good guy i think i made the best over all choices for a good outcome basically, i dont feel like the ending i got matched what i did in the game and felt kinda miffed about it. but i enjoyed the game a lot. Way better than the first one but i felt the first one had more meaningful choices and better factions. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Awesome game, just made it to Denver.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Finished it there tonight. Had a blast overall. There is so much room for alternative playthroughs I'll definitely have another go at it at some stage.

Safe to say
    Colorado would have been better off if my group of Rangers had never shown up......:o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I had forgot I'd bought this :o
    I'm playing it about a week now....Man, what a game. What a hilarious game! :D
    Even down to some of the weapon descriptions the writing is a riot and for once the voice acting compliments the hilarious characters. The numerous moral decisions really carry a punch this time which is great.

It also runs like a boss on an older machine like mine. I've an old laptop with a geforce 780m and an i7 4810m. I get a warning that it doesn't meet the minimum requirements but I can play it pretty much maxed out at 1920x1080. I guess it's been well optimised with updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I launched this last week and basically got paralysed by the character creator so just stopped. Any tips on that, can you screw up there badly enough to spoil things?

I launched this last week and basically got paralysed by the character creator so just stopped. Any tips on that, can you screw up there badly enough to spoil things?

Google a character class creation guide, it'll make things super clear if you spend a few moments on the basics. Make sure each character has completely different skills and plough all you experience into those.

For example I started with a Sniper and but all skill points into Sniper, Small arms and Sneaky **** and attribute points into coordination (actions points), awareness (hit chance and ranged damage)and intelligence (critical damage and chance and increased skill points)

Then I created a medic based character with first aid, melee, leadership and attribute points into strength(melee damage/hit points) speed(tile distance per action point and evasion) Charisma.

If you make a balls of it, it just makes things harder. You wont be unable to complete the game but you might miss some nice stuff and some choices along the way. I'm not sure how far I am into the game but I've revealed about 2/3 of the map and am starting to put points into other stats and attributes so mistakes can eventually corrected and that safe or toaster you couldn't crack can be revisited. Game choices unfortunately cant though.

Again, dont spread points around and specialize each character with 3/4 skills. The great thing about the game is every stat and skill has value so even stuff like animal whisperer can have great impact on the gameplay. I got a cat to follow the party early in the game and it's an absolute beat now dealing mega damage!! :p

Finished it there at the weekend. Thought it lost its way towards the end. Trying not to spoil anything but but felt like they built a great story then didn't really know what to do with it. It felt way too short too and unbalanced towards the end. The final piece was a walk in the park even on high difficulty. Really disappointed in how this played out. :(

Anyways, just started Baldurs Gate 3 which is a nice antidote.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Thanks for the character tips above, I'm playing through Borderlands 3 and going to start this once I'm finished.

Advertisement