Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

'Geeky' fancy dress; Shopping list!

• 02-02-2013 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Guys,

Geeky fancy dress party next weekend, I have a list of items to make up my ensemble!

Check shirt
    Plain tie
    Suspenders
    BRIGHT red skinny chinos

So the question is where can I find these items at the cheapest prices, suggestions?

:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 LemonWorld

Penneys! :D

If you're near any second-hand or charity shops you could also have a rummage to see if you spot anything in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Second hand shop would probably be your best bet? Or Penneys. Red chinos wouldn't necessarily say "geek" to me so I wouldn't worry about getting a different colour if you have to.

Don't forget all stereotypical geeks wear thick glasses and have lots of pens in their shirt pocket. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Soldering_Iorn

Valentina wrote: »
    Second hand shop would probably be your best bet? Or Penneys. Red chinos wouldn't necessarily say "geek" to me so I wouldn't worry about getting a different colour if you have to.

Don't forget all stereotypical geeks wear thick glasses and have lots of pens in their shirt pocket. ;)

Kinda going for an 'outrageous' colour scheme, all bright red with a bright yellow dickey/tie.

I hear ya, re: thick glasses and pens. Have a old Sharp Calculator here from C.1995 so that'll be going in there too. :rolleyes:

Will have a look in Pennys during the week and have a rummage around a few second-hand shops and update!

Thanks guys! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

If you can't get bright red chinos, have a look at the bright red skinny jeans for women in penneys. Sounds ridiculous, but could work for a fancy dress.

Also, Claire's Accessories do thick, plastic rimmed glasses with fake lenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Sarah Bear

Take the lenses out of the 3d glasses u get in the cinema! And make sure the chinos are slightly too short hehe :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement