Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Got my e.l.f. order the other day. Got the 32 everyday brights palette

http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~243.htm

Lovely selection of colours. Most have decent pigmentation, although there are a few duds. I put them over a primer and they lasted pretty well. They were kinda hard to work with though. Very powdery and with a lot of fallout. I found patting on the colour worked well and the perfect brush was this smashbox one. Flat brushes and fluffier blending brushes didn't pick up the colour so well. Overall - as it says on the tin, good for everyday use but wouldn't rely on it for a night out.
    http://www.smashbox.com/DEFINER-BRUSH-15

Also got the candid coral blush. http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~160.htm
    Lovely colour, got pink undertones and lovely gold sheen to it. Great for summer!
    Kabuki brush from studio line seems good so far. Nice and soft. When I got it a few hairs were coming looses but haven't had any other hair loss yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭tanya2007

i got "" tights in a tin" by w7 in cara pharmacy for 2.99 :) its a dupe for sally hansen airbrush legs. i put sally on one arm and w7 on the other one theres not much diff only sally has a bit more coverage , will not be buying sally again so impressed with w7 one .

http://www.onsalenow.ie/?p=s&sch=details&store=134&prod=962185

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Friend of mine swears by that stuff. It only comes in one shade though, right? I'd wear it but I'm more of a Sally Henson Light than Medium and the tights in a tin stuff is quite dark..

Friend of mine swears by that stuff. It only comes in one shade though, right? I'd wear it but I'm more of a Sally Henson Light than Medium and the tights in a tin stuff is quite dark..

im sure there the light, med ,and deep glow colours same as sally , il check tomrw and let you know :) .

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Ilovemyusername

I got a 10 colour custom palette and a blusher from Inglot for 51 euro (I have the 20% off card). I actually love them, the Inglot black gel liner is also the best liner I ever used it's brilliant :)

I got the Inglot YSM foundation think it was around 16 euro, I didn't like this I found it went very blotchy and the palest colour was far too dark for me.

I got the Rimmel 25 Hour foundation, it's horrible but there Perfect Match foundation was much nicer, still not the best but it's grand for the price.

I got Emani mineral powder foundation .. I love this defo one of my favourite foundations :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Ok I posted the other day about all the e.l.f products! I'm still happy with everything except the things I already mentioned, but I've worn the tinted moisturiser three times now. The first time was only for a few hours and it seemed to last fine and gave good coverage! But the last two times I've worn its given good coverage at first but doesn't last for much longer than a few hours! Bit disaointed but sure what can I expect for 1.50euro??!!

Still happy with everything else:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

I got myself a stipple brush in inglot for putting on foundation, pretty sure its this 1: http://www.inglotcosmetics.com/27tg/products/567/571
    LOVE it. foundation goes on so flawless compared to a normal foundation brush, no lines, its actually brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

Just thought i'd recommend the bare minerals oil free primer, really great stuff and like the rest of the range, very good for skin apparently. Only been using it a day but its really helped keep the face on and the skin non shiny, no need to top up with the mineral veil during the day.

Also my mom got me soap&glory hocus focus because she loved the stuff. really nice alternative to benefits high beam, which personally, I always feel is too pink and harsh. Its great mixed with my moisturiser to give a nice natural glow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

01221100-500x420.jpg

Got a sample of the Clarins Hydra Matte cream the other day - it is amazing!!! It's like a primer (I compared it to the Gosh primer) and it is better than the Gosh primer, but it's also twice the price. :(

I'd definitely recommend the Hydra Matte, though as it's expensive, I'd personally use it for special occasions rather than everyday wear.:o
    jellie wrote: »
    I got myself a stipple brush in inglot for putting on foundation, pretty sure its this 1: http://www.inglotcosmetics.com/27tg/products/567/571
    LOVE it. foundation goes on so flawless compared to a normal foundation brush, no lines, its actually brilliant! :D
    How much was it please? I have a MAC 190 and a Ruby & Mille brush and find with both brushes, I have to run my hands over my face to rub away any lines :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Been meaning to post in this thread for ages!
    jellie wrote: »

I have the MAC 187, similar to yours, and it is fantastic! The difference in my foundation is amazing. When I first got it I wasn't really sure what to do with it, but Youtube saved the day. I just dab the bristles in foundation and then stipple onto my face. Then I go in circular motions to "buff" it out.

ba2b34a465140fa5_MAC_187.jpg

foundation.jpg

The lipstick in the pic is Creme Cup by Mac. I got it at Christmas and I love it. Goes on smooth with good lasting power.

This scrub is great, and you can use it every day. My skin is lovely and smooth!

scrub.jpg

Brilliant eye make up remover! It even gets all Diorshow mascara off! I put it on a cotton pad and then hold it over my lashes and let it "soak" in, then wipe away, and finally get the excess.

eyes.jpg

Couldn't afford MAC gel liner so I got this liquid by Rimmel. All well and good, the brush is nice. Until a few seconds after my first application my eyelids started stinging! Ouch! Won't be using it again and am saving my pennies for gel! Might try the Inglot one.

liner.jpg

I got a two colour Inglot Freedom System eyeshadow recently as well. I needed some good base colours, but the ready made pallets from Rimmel etc were quite expensive (IMO) for small sections of colour, and most had colours I didn't need. The Inglot was €16 as far as I remember, and of course I could choose my colours. I know I'm going to use one of the shades quicker than the other so it's cool that I can just throw out the empty pan and get a new one, and keep the other on. No need to half full pallets taking up space in the make up box. Looking forward to trying more of their products.

c6cb8e7329da47ed05ab53f23663fb73.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

I have the same scrub Twee! I love it too, the smell is fab. The moisturiser that goes with it is really good as well, very refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Twee, your post made* me buy that eye-makeup remover! I'll review it later on :)

*Seriously, I had no individual will-power :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

tomissex wrote: »
    I have the same scrub Twee! I love it too, the smell is fab. The moisturiser that goes with it is really good as well, very refreshing.

Oh lovely, I must pick it up. Currently using a Boots own brand moisturiser and it's only ok.

tanya2007 wrote: »
    im sure there the light, med ,and deep glow colours same as sally , il check tomrw and let you know :) .

theres 2 shade is n cara , med glow and deep glow . dont think there is a light shade.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭ciara95

Twee. wrote: »
    eyes.jpg
    Couldn't afford MAC gel liner so I got this liquid by Rimmel. All well and good, the brush is nice. Until a few seconds after my first application my eyelids started stinging! Ouch! Won't be using it again and am saving my pennies for gel! Might try the Inglot One

c6cb8e7329da47ed05ab53f23663fb73.png

I recently bought the new maybelline gel liner and its great! I posted on here about it in february. Its called Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 24h, i have it in 01 intense black. Its normally 11.99 but was on an introductory offer of 8.99 in boots.
    I love it. It comes with a nice brush, not the crappy ones you would normally throw out. Its well pigmented and it lasts really well on the eye, it doesnt bdge once you apply it and its dry.
    So to sum up my rave: its amazing, well priced and comes with a brush: i recommend it!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭ciara95

Oops sorry i quoted the wrong pics! Just ignore them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

ciara95 wrote: »
    I recently bought the new maybelline gel liner and its great! I posted on here about it in february. Its called Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner 24h, i have it in 01 intense black. Its normally 11.99 but was on an introductory offer of 8.99 in boots.
    I love it. It comes with a nice brush, not the crappy ones you would normally throw out. Its well pigmented and it lasts really well on the eye, it doesnt bdge once you apply it and its dry.
    So to sum up my rave: its amazing, well priced and comes with a brush: i recommend it!

I second this! I've been using it almost every day since I bought it a few weeks back and it is amazing and once I put it on it doesn't budge for the day. Lovely stuff, and only 8.99 in boots atm!

I had 22 euro sitting on my boots card and I was in need of a new foundation (I've been using a No 7 one, but I felt it was too dark and I wanted a change) so I went in today and got Loreal's True Match Foundation in rose ivory. Just applied it there and it's really nice! It doesn't feel heavy or oily or anything and it's actually pale enough my ghost-white skin. Twas only 15 euro. Annoyingly I didn't have enough on the card to get the powder and concealer as well (3 for 2 deal on) but depending on the staying power of the foundation come payday I'll get them as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

How much was it please? I have a MAC 190 and a Ruby & Mille brush and find with both brushes, I have to run my hands over my face to rub away any lines :(

I've heard that if you apply your moisturiser or primer with the same brush you use for foundation it stops you getting those lines. Never tried but might save you the cost of a brush :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

It was €30 in Inglot. I've heard the MAC one is nice too but it's a bit more expensive

kandr10 wrote: »
    I've heard that if you apply your moisturiser or primer with the same brush you use for foundation it stops you getting those lines. Never tried but might save you the cost of a brush :)
    Tried that, same thing, had to run my hands over my face.:(

Thank you for your suggestion though, I appreciate the help. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Shmatter

I second this! I've been using it almost every day since I bought it a few weeks back and it is amazing and once I put it on it doesn't budge for the day. Lovely stuff, and only 8.99 in boots atm!

I got it too, I am so surprised how good it is!!

Loving Rimmel Lipsticks at the moment, only getting into lipsticks so don't want to splurge till I know what suits and Rimmel has a good few gems!

Also liking the rimmel foundation, it's a bit tricky to apply, I use a damp sponge, but no worse then colour stay and no where near the price, wish the lightest shade wasn't so dark though, only suits me with tan :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

Tried that, same thing, had to run my hands over my face.:(

Thank you for your suggestion though, I appreciate the help. :)

Are you putting too much product on the brush?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Bought myself Nails Inc in Basil St. It's the same colour as my skin with tan on, I'm going for the 'mannequin hands' trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Dya know what id love -a nail varnish "colour palette" type thing.I chop and change my nail varnish all the time and sometimes by the time i get around to one colour i bought 2 mths ago or whatever its gone gloopy,no matter what brand it is. A set of mini pots would be great like a set of 5ml "daily minis" would be great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

anniehoo wrote: »
    Dya know what id love -a nail varnish "colour palette" type thing.I chop and change my nail varnish all the time and sometimes by the time i get around to one colour i bought 2 mths ago or whatever its gone gloopy,no matter what brand it is. A set of mini pots would be great like a set of 5ml "daily minis" would be great :D

OPI have already thought of it.
    There a few collections. I have the ballerina one and love it. I'm the same, I like to try new colours so this size is perfect. Great for travel too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

that set is fabulous! Can you get it anywhere over here?

I got the nip and fab facial cleansing oil last week (had points on boots card so it was technically free). Its not bad for removing make up. I have sensitive eyes but have been grand with it so far I use it and then a muslin cloth (2 for a few euro in tesco) and it does a decent job of getting eye make up off.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

I'm not sure if you can get it in Ireland actually. I live in the states so didn't even think. Although if someone really wants a set I'm back home in Galway at the end of the month. I could bring it over for people. I just got the Urban Decay naked palatte from Sephora too! Also got Benefits Stay Put set for $10. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

tanya2007 wrote: »
    i got "" tights in a tin" by w7 in cara pharmacy for 2.99 :) its a dupe for sally hansen airbrush legs. i put sally on one arm and w7 on the other one theres not much diff only sally has a bit more coverage , will not be buying sally again so impressed with w7 one .

http://www.onsalenow.ie/?p=s&sch=details&store=134&prod=962185

Does anyone know anywhere in dublin to get this??

Are you putting too much product on the brush?
    Don't think so, I put only a little foundation on the tip of the brush and the rub any excess on the back of my hand and try the brush on the bottom of my cheek to see if I have enough/too much foundation on the brush, but I usually have enough (I wear very, very little foundation).

Usually 2-3 drops of foundation does my whole face as I don't wear much.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

i went a wee bit mental shopping today...but on a student budget :P

i got a decent liquid eyeliner call Yes One! still need to get the hang of it but it seems ok
    Rimmel Lipgloss "Royal Gloss" shade 611 sugar glaze...its kinda pink/peach seems to work well
    some random bronzer i came across that was a lovely colour (and it was 50% off :P)
    revelon "Sexy Bedroom eyes" its a powder crayon for the eyes i had it back in Ireland but forgot to take it with me when moving over here. its really good but you have to be very careful with it as you could end up with an actual black :/
    A lovely pair of tweezers that only cost 2 quid
    a flat shadow brush that was cheap enough
    and 2 eye shadow pallets...i dont have any and im after gettin into eye shadows lately :)

just need some dark powder to match the foundation and tan i use for going out then im sorted :)

Advertisement