Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good deals on Beds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Thanks Tepo - even if you brought "bed" :eek: news on the mattresses...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭alphanumeric

Called today to buy a bed. This place is well worth a visit. They were really helpful. Sorry I hadn't heard of them before now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 dm252006

hi - has anyone come accross headboards by big mickey - am looking to get one for a king size bed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

dm252006 wrote: »
    hi - has anyone come accross headboards by big mickey - am looking to get one for a king size bed?

He has a few different types down there.. I got one free with my bed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 jeanpaul

There are hundreds of headboards in bigmickeys but you have to ask. They are stored in a different part of the shop. Most of them are from www.stuartjones.co.uk. Normally very expensive. I paid €39 for one of them and i saw it on stuartjones.co.uk for £230

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 lemon125

I am awaiting my superking size bed and two sofa's from big mickey... I drove up from Tipperary on Sunday (not a sale day) hoping to see a bargain but ended up going home with a superking and two sofas!! I couldnt leave them behind. oh yeah, we bought bed sheets and curtains also!
    Cannot wait for the superking to arrive, he has been minding it for me for the last two weeks cos i was unable to take it until this week and delivering it to Tipperary for free. It cost 1,050 but its fit for a queen, and cannot wait to sleep in the Sealy mattress. I have stayed in some 5 star luxury hotels, but nothing will compare to this bed! That was our budget but we also needed sofas, didn't have the money, went through a few items and he showed us two perfect sofas and paid small deposit and said we can pay him on delivery. There was never any pressure and showed us the cheap to the expensive. Told our parents and a couple of friends, but they are skeptical about this 'bargain' but when we show this bed off, there will be a few visits i can bet!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Sounds good.

Which Sealy bed was it?
    I bought the king size memory foam one recently from another source and waiting for delivery,being talking to big mickey about the other beds we need though,so hoping we get a good bargain too!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lemon125

Bed and sofa arrived as promised. One thing is that the bed looked big and comfy in the big show room, it looks even bigger in the bedroom. Put it together but didnt try it out yet. The couch is also better in the room that we remembered in the showhouse.
    Turns out the mattress wasnt a Sealy, not that it matters as the one we got is still savage... not sure the make. Overall 10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

Was looking at his webite and noticed this
    "We only open our premises on average once a month for a massive 3-day sale but a visit can be arranged outside of sales dates"
    is that statement still correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pablo21

Was looking at his webite and noticed this
    "We only open our premises on average once a month for a massive 3-day sale but a visit can be arranged outside of sales dates"
    is that statement still correct?

Yeah it is but you can call him and arrange a visit most days without too much bother. I've arranged a few visits to bring family down there to purchase stuff. I doubt anyone would be refusing business these days!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 MoonSpirit

We Bought a lovely leather 2 & 3 seater couch from Mick. Genuine decent guy with business etiquette galore. Great selection of products, we found exactly what we were looking for at a fraction of the price. Delivered within hours of buying, friendly personal service with a smile, and that is hard to come by nowadays. :) We will be buying from him again and wonder why we haven't had him recommended before now!
    Thanks Mick. See you again when we need more quality furniture!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 tonyrich1

may i add my name to list of people satisfied in the boudoir by big mickey......(that sounds so wrong). went down to him a couple of weeks ago from wexford and got a king size memory foam mattress, duvet, pillows, sheets and a headboard all in for 430. couldnt be happier. he delivered as far as arklow for free cos he was down that way anyway. what an absolute gentleman..... couldnt recommend him highly enough and will definately be back for more. thanks mick.

p.s when i told him i read about him on the internet, he asked me straight out was i boardsie... haha

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Feidhlim

Bought a top notch bed and matress (super king) and head board for €650.

The head board is in the shops for that price.

Top notch service and follow up afterwards to make sure I was happy with everything.

Seriously quality service.

Not just beds either, there is lots of furniture

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Gulliver

Went down to Mickey at the last sale date. He's a sound man. Bought a leather super king bed with pocket sprung mattress and an oak king with the Sealy "mattress in a box". Won't be able to put them together for a few months though as house is not finished :(

Can't wait to get at them! The two complete beds were less than the cost of a similar leather bed frame alone in other shops.

Will definitely be going back when we move in.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Pixied

Thumbs up to Mickey too, got a mattress delivered unseen, very very happy. Great value, no 'bs', service. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jonnycash

Ended up here looking for directions last week! Sound guy, extremely helpful, put us on the right track. Will definitely be back for a bed after reading all these comments. Nice one Mickey!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Got a pocket sprung super king size bed and divan with drawers from bigmickey.ie which he sourced for us after we sent him a picture of what we wanted with a Stuart Jones head board, a very similar mattress was over 2000 Euros in a competitors - we got the whole lot for a little over a third of that price!!

Dorma sheets for a tenner. delivery for free to Limerick and no BS or sales talk - the deal speaks for itself .

Gonna head back and get some more stuff for the rest of the house.
    Thanks Mick.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭P.A.C

Thanks for the tip op.
    Went down a bought,
    Got lovely rest assured bed with 4 drawers and headbored
    for 730.
    Realy lovely guy to deal with.
    Hope its counfy now.

Probably a silly question but here goes.
    Do pillow top mattreses dip were you lie.
    I got a rest assured pillow top last wk. But within days there were 2 perminant groves. And it seems to be getting platter and then a rise were theres no body inprint. Is this ment to happen, iv never had a pillow top so im not sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

That was our experience with one. I think its going to happen to any mattress you can't flip. Within days seems a bit fast though. Ours took a year or more before that happened.

• Advertisement

Thanks Boston. Yep we only have it 5 days.
    Iv tried smoothing it out so leavel it but its just staying with 2 big dints.
    Now im not a small lady LOL but i aint that heavy to cause a perma dint:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Beds for the cheap & adventurous - Hacking Ikea products

http://ikeahacker.blogspot.com/2010/11/chest-of-drawers-to-bed.html

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Svetti Arss

P.A.C wrote: »
    Probably a silly question but here goes.
    Do pillow top mattreses dip were you lie.
    I got a rest assured pillow top last wk. But within days there were 2 perminant groves. And it seems to be getting platter and then a rise were theres no body inprint. Is this ment to happen, iv never had a pillow top so im not sure.

Depends what you've been doing in it and how fast. :D
    Give Mick a call he'll tell you if its normal or not.

Thanks Svetti ( no coment) :D
    Il give Mick a ring, i didnt want to seem stupid by ringing him
    if its normal :o
    Just wondering if anyone on this thread who has bought one of these
    is having the same problem.
    It would be typical that out of 100s who bought the bed id be the
    one who would have a problem :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13 boysmother

Hi PAC
    The same thing happened me with the pillow top mattress. Big Mick exchanged it. No problems with the new mattress.

Thanks boysmother. Did you get another pillow top?
    I will have to see because i need something with a soft top.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 boysmother

Exchanged it for a Sealy mattress and it's not a pillow top unfortunately. Still a very good mattress though.

great thanks for the info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 tomto

Despite the snow, nothing could keep me away from BigMickeys. Went down to the sale yesterday and was not disappointed. I have been searching for a large corner unit to fit my large sitting room for the past few months! With prices averaging at €4000, I was begining to give up all hope. Thankfully, Mick had a very comfy 8 seater real leather corner unit. With recliner ends and only €1500, I couldn't refuse :) Mick gave us a bit of a discount because I collected it myself there and then.
    I've got my corner unit and still money left in my pocket, I can't complain :) Thanks Mick :)

This is my new purchase :) Jealous much? :P
    http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/livingroom/1674923

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Jealous that you have enough space for it!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement