Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€215 Catsuit, Ebay, Not Delivered, Customs?

• 16-10-2006 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,962 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I bought a catusit for my missus from Ebay. It roughly cost me €215. That was about two months ago and it still hasn't arrived. The seller has a very good reputation and I believe that he did send the item. I have gone through sending emails etc, raising a dispute with him and ebay etc, but I have just come to the conclusion that perhaps it's stuck in customs???

It's coming from Germany. Is it possible that it's in customs? I know it's unlikely, that they wouldn't have it for 2+ months, but it's just an idea.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

customs shouldnt hold it up if its comming from within the EU, with all things on ebay it pays to use signed delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 14,962 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Nuttzz wrote:
    customs shouldnt hold it up if its comming from within the EU, with all things on ebay it pays to use signed delivery

I paid for insurance on the item, but the cnut sent it without as he had his calculations wrong and it cost alot more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭miles teg

what's the seller's ebay name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

If it was held by customs they would have written or called to the sender address to inform them that the package is being held up - there are really only 2 options

1) It got lost
    2) The seller never sold it and you have been stung

• Advertisement

A good morning to you too Magpie!

The seller is darkware4u. Despite the dubious title, he's been on Ebay for the last 2 years or so and has a 99% + positive rating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Sorry, when I saw the word 'catsuit' I thought 'I bet that's eo980', and lo and behold...

Anyway, sorry for your difficulties. These things do sometimes turn up after an inexplicable gap.

Try phoning up customs and asking if they have a crotchless gold latex catsuit impounded?

magpie wrote:
    Sorry, when I saw the word 'catsuit' I thought 'I bet that's eo980', and lo and behold...

Anyway, sorry for your difficulties. These things do sometimes turn up after an inexplicable gap.

Try phoning up customs and asking if they have a crotchless gold latex catsuit impounded?

lol, will do! Ahh no worries, you know I don't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Usually if something is held in customs to be released after payment of Import duties you will be notified that you have so many days to pay before the item is returned to sender. If an item is stopped for legal reasons or whatever I have no idea whether you would be informed or not. Maybe call the customs office and ask what their procedures are. I see no reason why this would have been stopped though in fairness. I'd be looking for a refund from the seller as well.

djkeogh wrote:
    Usually if something is held in customs to be released after payment of Import duties you will be notified that you have so many days to pay before the item is returned to sender. If an item is stopped for legal reasons or whatever I have no idea whether you would be informed or not. Maybe call the customs office and ask what their procedures are. I see no reason why this would have been stopped though in fairness. I'd be looking for a refund from the seller as well.

Yeah I didn't think it would be stopped myself, as it's within the EU and it's not that expensive. I have emailed the seller informing him I haven't received it and that I would like the item rather than a refund, but he has told me he has sent the item and won't be sending another. Seemingly he has put in a claim at his post office, that was nearly two weeks ago.
    His communication has been average, very slow to respond to my emails, so I've been left with no option but to lodge a dispute with Ebay, though as far as I'm aware I won't get a total refund, only about half.

• Advertisement

Just checked ebay and the user has a pretty solid rating (particularly so with his old username). As you said, he most probably did send the item. Given that you paid for insurance though, you shouldn't be the one to lose out. Did you mention in your dispute to Ebay that you had paid for insurance but the seller didn't get any?

miles teg wrote:
    Just checked ebay and the user has a pretty solid rating (particularly so with his old username). As you said, he most probably did send the item. Given that you paid for insurance though, you shouldn't be the one to lose out. Did you mention in your dispute to Ebay that you had paid for insurance but the seller didn't get any?

I didn't mention that yet. When you lodge a dispute you have to wait 10 days for the seller to respond. I'll hold off until that happens. I kept the email where he told me that he checked and the cost to insure it would have been to much so he would refund me the insurance cost I paid when I received the item.
    I think I'm pretty solid. I don't want a refund, I want the item or another one!

Hope it works out for you. Tell us the outcome as I'd be interested to hear how ebay disputes work out.

Nice catsuit btw ;)

miles teg wrote:
    Hope it works out for you. Tell us the outcome as I'd be interested to hear how ebay disputes work out.

Nice catsuit btw ;)

Will do.
    I thought so too!

Advertisement