Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gosling Investments

• 07-11-2008 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Just incase anyone ever searches for this in the future, just want them to be aware that this company although it does what it says it is basically a scam.
    They charge €10,000 for a piece of software that searches different bookmakers to find differences in prices where money can be made (this is called arb betting) but Gosling investments call it 'fixture trading' they have a few different names for it but what it boils down to is arb betting and they are charging €10,000 for information that can be had for £50 a month.

Hopefully this saves someone the €10,000

They dont release any info on the website, presumably because they dont want a lot of people speculating but you can email them and get the info
    http://www.goslinginvestments.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭j2dab

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

i know you are well intentioned but anybody who invests 10k without researching the product etc further deserves whatever they get IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

its amazing how often these things work though . . . someone asked me to look into it as a friend of his was about to buy it. The guy who was going to buy it runs his own successful business and was going to hand away nearly 10k on this. AFAIK its not actually a scam, it does search for the bets for people and probably does find it - but as for value for money - its laughable.

For any1 interested;
    To make this work you would have to find enough arbs. Its very hard to find an arb and when you do the big problem was trying to get enough on it. If you place anything like 100+ on an arb, you will be spotted after your first few bets. Arb betting is obvious to bookies.

So if you lower your bet and start doing smaller bets you will either need multiple accounts (illegal and alot of hassle) or will make very little return. These small bets will also get noticed by the bookie eventually.

To successfully make your money back, along with a lot of hassle, you would be at this for 18months + imo.

If there ever does happen to be a glaringly obvious arb out there that you could actually make a chunk of money off, you should fully expect that there are many others (who havnt paid 10k for the software may i add) who will also notice it.

Anyone who will spend 10k so easily should give me a shout . . . i've a nigerian cousin who . . .

• Subscribers Posts: 32,846 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Wasn't there a thread about this here a few months ago? If not, it was very similar and ended up getting locked after a while I think. Can't be arsed to search for it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

i actually did arbing for a while through a reputable company and whilst it was/is alot of hassle it certainly was very profitable. the charge was c.€50 p.m. and well worth it, but to honest it is an awful lot of hassle and riskier than people are lead to believe. one of the benefits which i received out of it is probably a few €k in free bets which everybody should make use of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Arbing is so 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,980 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

5starpool wrote: »
    Wasn't there a thread about this here a few months ago? If not, it was very similar and ended up getting locked after a while I think. Can't be arsed to search for it though.
    yeah there was,
    afaik, same company

Advertisement