Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

"6 all over" - so crazy????

• 17-05-2007 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

I wanna get my head shaved with a #6, as I got it done before and it was the perfect length for me, and it was even

but any time I ask for it they say they only have up to a 4 or 5, and that a 6 wud be too long

why is this so crazy? any1 else get problems like this?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

unreggd wrote:
    I wanna get my head shaved with a #6, as I got it done before and it was the perfect length for me, and it was even

but any time I ask for it they say they only have up to a 4 or 5, and that a 6 wud be too long

why is this so crazy? any1 else get problems like this?????

Get a 5.

Wait a week.

6!

Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Some barbers might not have a 6. When I last went (nearly 15 years ago) all there was was 0-4. The "home" shavers come with them. Dunno why you bother with a barber, I have the same wahl razor for nearly 15 years now, still fine. I do a 6 all over, then 4 up the back & sides, then a 3 at the very bottom. Takes a little longer than a barber, but that is only the cutting time, much quicker than travelling & waiting & returning from a barbers. (plus you do not end up with no sideburns like those demented barbers always seem to do even when you tell them specifically to leave them alone)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

I know, but I thought the "professionals" would have all the tools available

Not mad abt doin me own hair, but if its the one #, i shud be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

I get a 6 all over myself, never had a barber comment or not have it. Perfect length, not too long, not too short.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Deflector

rubadub wrote:
    plus you do not end up with no sideburns like those demented barbers always seem to do even when you tell them specifically to leave them alone

What is it with barbers and sideburns?! And especially if for whatever reason you forget to mention it at the start, then without question they'll lop them off, let alone doing it anyway upon telling them otherwise.

Aside from being plain ignorant, how can they be so stupid as to think that you come in with sideburns on your head and want to go out with them missing? The only people that will actually ask you (presuming you've forgotton to mention it) is in a hairdressers, where the 'stylist' is usually too afriad to cut them without asking.

• Advertisement

skywalker wrote:
    Perfect length, not too long, not too short.
    exactly, and its even

wheres ur barbers?

I think I have a razor set at home somewhere, but i'd feel stupid bringin the #6 attachment in

Cos all razors come with them! I dont get why the barbers try get you to have shorter hair, its mad

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Guy I work for is worth millions, and he get a 4 all over. I can't help thinking he looks like a Monkey though with the same length hair all over his head ...

does he gel it or just leave it the way it is?

I like my sides to be the same length as the top, but look shorter [with gel] so theres more volume [omg thats they gayest thing ive ever said]

Anyhoo, gonna buy my own clippers and give it a go, i cant do too much damage can I?????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Just leaves it as it is. Anyone who gets the same blade all over reminds me of this :

Woolly-Monkey.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

ned78 wrote:
    Just leaves it as it is. Anyone who gets the same blade all over reminds me of this :

Woolly-Monkey.jpg

I would often get same blade all over, can look silly on me if the sides are shorter/too short, look like a scobie

• Advertisement

Thats actually the look im goin for :p

Advertisement