Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sam Bennett - no same day spoilers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,217 ✭✭✭deandean

526395.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,262 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I thought he'd given up on it after his comments last week, saying why bother with the effort if he couldn't even place in the final sprints?
    Must have forgotten to tell his teamies that last week, the bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Must have forgotten to tell his teamies that last week, the bollox.

:pac:

Took me a while to find the quote...
    Matteo Trentin (CCC Team) again battled for points at the intermediate sprint, taking the win in Châtelaillon-Plage as a block headwind kept the peloton compact for most of the second half of the stage, but after missing out completely in the final sprint, he said, "If you don't score in the finish there is no reason to keep going for this."

https://www.cyclingnews.com/races/tour-de-france-2020/stage-10/results/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

the one thing that stands out for me in all the video clips over the last few days is the genuine delight from all his teammates in the celebrations and congratulations.....It is more than just a pat on the back saying well done......and to me that shows that these guys must think that Sam is a genuinely nice guy

Who says nice guys finish last :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,031 ✭✭✭✭neris

Keeks wrote: »
    the one thing that stands out for me in all the video clips over the last few days is the genuine delight from all his teammates in the celebrations and congratulations.....It is more than just a pat on the back saying well done......and to me that shows that these guys must think that Sam is a genuinely nice guy

Who says nice guys finish last :)

well he did finish last a few years ago and Im sure Roger Kluge is a nice guy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

When you buy your Willem Dafoe on Wish...
    527106.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭Doc07

He’s on the Late Late Show tomorrow, now he’s really made it....unfortunately so are Jedward.
    Maybe Tubs will get Morkov on the next week

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Doc07 wrote: »
    He’s on the Late Late Show tomorrow, now he’s really made it....unfortunately so are Jedward.

Great, you can expect Tubridy to make some stupid comment about dangerous cycling/cyclists on Dublin streets.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭North of 32

Tubridy: ''And c'mere to me Sam, where did you finish overall?''

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Anyone else find it hard at times to listen to non cyclists (non roadies) interviewing the likes of Sam ?

Questions sound daft at times and you just can't explain to the public what its about in 5 mins

They say Belgium is the worlds cycling capital but I do wonder if even there the wider population understand the sport

• I found the rookie interviewer Bernie Eisel harder to listen to at the tour to be honest when he was asking questions. I miss Juan Antonio and Laura Meseguer

• Registered Users Posts: 24,288 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Doc07 wrote: »

Now that Jedward have been recruited by the Illuminati to take out Jim Corr they are alright in my book

• Registered Users Posts: 7,963 ✭✭✭connachta

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Tubridy: ''And c'mere to me Sam, where did you finish overall?''

Tubridy will say theres such a sense of irishness to the win. Ask him if he likes guinness. Then he will remember hes actually irish and malfunction

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Oymyakon

I found the rookie interviewer Bernie Eisel harder to listen to at the tour to be honest when he was asking questions. I miss Juan Antonio and Laura Meseguer

what ever happened to them? I always thought they were both great presenters.

• Covid I guess, though with Laura I hadn't really seen as much of her much since she had her kid. Just the Spanish races really which is understandable or maybe she is doing more work now for Spanish Eurosport, still very much active in Cycling Journalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Sam is on theLate Late Show now.

• It's going better that I'd hoped. He's got his stinky jersey out there now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Seems a nice lad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Seems a nice lad

Tubridy? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Tell me when Jedward have gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Went well. He kept to normal stuff which was good.

Jedward on now and I see Tubridy glancing at clock. Oh man. Next please.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Gallant_JJ

To be fair to Tubridy, it was never going to be an in-depth interview about the qualities of Morkov’s lead out, but it was a nice relaxed interview. Sam was at ease, enjoyable.

• Can't believe old man Lefevere took his bike :mad:

Spesh will likely see him right but it won't be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,031 ✭✭✭✭neris

Eamonnator wrote: »

The missus had just turned the tv on in another room and I think I can hear those twats from the kitchen. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭ratracer

I was like Sagan tonight......... finished with it just after Sam :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,288 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

It's fine just squint and they look like the Schlecks

• Advertisement

• Eamonnator wrote: »

John Wick is on Virgin Media One, great film if you haven't seen it already !!!!!

Advertisement