Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chipopodist before pedicure?

• 13-09-2020 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been to a chiropodist and would you share your experience with me please?
    I think I could do with seeing one.
    I haven’t exposed my feet all year, and want to get my first pedicure soon.
    My feet are a mess with hard skin and dodgy nails. I’m embarrassed to go to a salon with them.
    No one has ever touched my feet!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I'd say salons have seen and dealt with it all at this stage, if it's mostly cosmetic you mightn't need the chiropodist, but if you have corns, ingrown nails or the likes then would be worth a visit a few weeks before the pedicure. I say a few weeks as if you get a pedicure, they'll go at your feet with the files and scrubs so freshly tended to skin might be a bit of a waste. Make sure and book somewhere with the massage chairs and proper foot spas for a real treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Thanks for that. I have had issues with ingrown nails before. Will see about getting an appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Everyone has come hard skin on their feet. Go for a few barefoot walks on the beach.

I had to go to a chiropodist years ago as the nail on my big toe was chaffing against the skin and inflaming it. Chiropodist was able to safely cut back the nail, which regrew properly. Some people get freaked out at the thought of a chiropodist, but I found the experience OK.

There are some chiropodists that also do pedicures. There was one locally, but they closed a few years ago.

Advertisement