Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it just me or have SF vanished?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

It's obvious.

SF have realised that there is a massive health and economic worldwide and Irish crisis and obviously decided right now they do not want to govern.

I am no fan of SF but I thought they were very sensible in looking for NI schools to be closed last week
    Only when they copped on to what the Republic were doing. Before that it was Yes Arlene, No Arlene, whatever it takes to keep our jobs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

It's obvious.

SF have realised that there is a massive health and economic worldwide and Irish crisis and obviously decided right now they do not want to govern.

I am no fan of SF but I thought they were very sensible in looking for NI schools to be closed last week

I thought SF were totally cynical & political in wanting (demanding that NI schools) follow the ROI, instead of the rest of the UK....

All the talk of this being an island (in this crisis) is totally irrelevant in the context of flights & ferries constantly travelling between the two islands, ergo bring NI into line with the ROI, yet leave the sea & air border open between Britain & Ireland :cool:

NI is part of the UK, and as such it has stayed with the rest of the UK, re medical advice on closures.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,897 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

It's clear that FG are the only adults in government. The rest are morons. Look at Eamon Ryan's embarrassing rant about planting salad pots in your back windows.

Eamon Ryan has lost the plot.

It leads me to think that in wartime scenarios you need FG in there to keep the cool heads and do what is best for the nation.

In the easy times, the electorate can flirt with the Greens or SF, but there will be a time when you need guys like FG in there to steady the ship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

Just keeping the heads low in a genuine crisis by the looks of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

What should this party not in government you speak of be doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,724 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I thought SF were totally cynical & political in wanting (demanding that NI schools) follow the ROI, instead of the rest of the UK....

All the talk of this being an island (in this crisis) is totally irrelevant in the context of flights & ferries constantly travelling between the two islands, ergo bring NI into line with the ROI, yet leave the sea & air border open between Britain & Ireland :cool:

NI is part of the UK, and as such it has stayed with the rest of the UK, re medical advice on closures.

Do you think people don't cross the border every minute? Seriously?

The cynical attacking SF on this issue was honestly unnecessarily political mud slinging in my view

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 40,088 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭BanditLuke

Pkiernan wrote: »
    I haven't seen or heard anything from Mary Lou, Slab Murphy and other good Republicans in ages.

What's going on?

Just you OP

• Registered Users Posts: 40,088 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

markodaly wrote: »
    Eamon Ryan has lost the plot.

It leads me to think that in wartime scenarios you need FG in there to keep the cool heads and do what is best for the nation.

In the easy times, the electorate can flirt with the Greens or SF, but there will be a time when you need guys like FG in there to steady the ship.

that assumes he was ever in possesion of said plot in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Sultan_of_Ping

......while planning to undermine the whole idea of social distancing......

https://twitter.com/splancmc/status/1240740938764423168?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Mary lous kid goes to the Dublin school that was one of the first affected, so she has been in isolation every since.

This isn't a time for political point scoring.

They are looking after their families

Every cloud has a silver lining :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Do you think people don't cross the border every minute? Seriously?

The cynical attacking SF on this issue was honestly unnecessarily political mud slinging in my view

as is any attack on sf according to some

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭skallywag

Every cloud has a silver lining :)

Really nice comment.

Gee, I just wish I was in isolation with you, you are sound I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I heard ML droning on, and on, and on, and on, yesterday evening on some radio show, not sure what channel.

It was Drivetime on RTÉ Radio 1. Thought she came across very poorly. Appeared to have little to say and fell back to the usual cliches. Not her finest hour - frankly would have expected a lot better from her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,160 ✭✭✭Huntergonzo

limnam wrote: »

Would like to see them being more proactive in this crisis, they're elected to serve the people, surely that means something, whether they're in government or not!

Doesn't look good to go AWOL in a real crisis.

the govt have families.

everyone has families.

where are sf?

Not the government (decision makers). Every politician, other than Varadkar or Harris, is very quiet and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭skallywag

Not the government (decision makers). Every politician, other than Varadkar or Harris, is very quiet and rightly so.

Absolutely.

Do people really expect the parties who are not in the power to be piping up now and maintaining visibility? Is that really going to help us, is it?

Regardless of what your political persuasion is, the fact that this thread has even been started, accompanied with the juvenile one liners, really goes to show that some people still do not really grasp things.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 5,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭aido79

Hibernicis wrote: »
    frankly would have expected a lot better from her.

Why?

theyre staying quiet because they know well that no opinion now leaves them placed for their perfected line of attack later

if it all blows over ok theyll throw it back in govts face as a load of fuss over nothing

if its as bad as we all hope it not to be, theyll claim not enough was done, not soon enough

twould almost be worth them being in government to remove this handy number from them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

......while planning to undermine the whole idea of social distancing......

https://twitter.com/splancmc/status/1240740938764423168?s=20

What is a dickhead

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

limnam wrote: »

I think they should be in showing support in a time of national crisis.

Compare Stephen Donnelly to Louise O Reilly on Primetime the other night. Chalk and cheese.

It's the time for unity not point scoring

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 514 ✭✭✭timhenn

We need the PIRA to make a comeback, kick this virus out of here like what they did to the british army!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 kevinmcm

The only positive thing with this whole nightmare scenario we are now in is Mary Lou, Pierce Doherty, Matt Carty and the other media performers in Sinn Fein are barely in the media any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭landofthetree

They promised to spend an extra 25 billion by 2025.

Is it any wonder they are hiding?

Their elections promises are worthless already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Varadkar, Flanagan and Agent Orange travel to Templemore, 300 Garda not adhering to social distancing guidelines, and yet he’s on Rté news right now giving a speech. Why the hell this ceremony needed to go ahead in the first place. Yet the millionth SF thread :D

Next story Tainste criticises teenagers for not adhering to social distancing guidelines

I saw the photos from the ceremony. They were adhering to social distance guidelines.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,192 ✭✭✭facehugger99

No doubt they'll crawl back out from under their rocks in a few months and tell us, with the benefit of hindsight, how they would have done things different.

Then the Irish electorate can bear them shoulder-high, into the Dail, after the next election.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Mary lous kid goes to the Dublin school that was one of the first affected, so she has been in isolation every since.

This isn't a time for political point scoring.

They are looking after their families
    So do my kids and that Isolation has long finished

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭tikkahunter

I think they should be in showing support in a time of national crisis.

Compare Stephen Donnelly to Louise O Reilly on Primetime the other night. Chalk and cheese.

It's the time for unity not point scoring
    Does Louise O Reilly sell smokes on Moore street? Joking aside , imagine her as our minister for health .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

that assumes he was ever in possesion of said plot in the first place.

Maybe a cabbage plot to match his brain

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement