Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lifetime VPN €14

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭oleras

TheDriver wrote: »
    Watching iPlayer as we speak.

Same

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Invincible

TheDriver wrote: »
    Watching iPlayer as we speak.

Working after that last night but same issues tonight,"This content is not currently available".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭bromley52

Invincible wrote: »
    Working after that last night but same issues tonight,"This content is not currently available".

Have you updated your IP via the app?

bromley52 wrote: »
    Have you update your IP via the app?

No
    Will try that, thank's.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just tested now, iplayer working perfectly...

• Advertisement

Have you updated your IP via the app?

Couldn't see option within app to update IP.

Couldn't see option within app to update IP.

Settings/Manage my IP

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Would someone mind giving me a dummies guide to downloading the actual app. I can use the iplayer in a browser with VPN but how do i get the app?

Vudgie wrote: »
    Would someone mind giving me a dummies guide to downloading the actual app. I can use the iplayer in a browser with VPN but how do i get the app?

The app is available from play store.
    Sorry, thought you meant the VPN app.

Settings/Manage my IP

This is what appears in settings for me, app updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Vudgie wrote: »

Unless you mean the BBC Iplayer app? in which case it wasnt available through the app store even if you use the VPN.

Just google BBC Iplayer APK download and there is a site there with an extensive version list of the app, download and install it and bobs your uncle.

This is what appears in settings for me, app updated.

Sorry. My mistake. I'm using the Smart DNS not the VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,813 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Im useless at these things...well at least until tells me or shows me. But how do you change the location or country? Im assuming that a UK server would have to be used to access the iplayer but how do you change it or does it need changing at all. Its currently showing Dusseldorf

muffler wrote: »
    Im useless at these things...well at least until tells me or shows me. But how do you change the location or country? Im assuming that a UK server would have to be used to access the iplayer but how do you change it or does it need changing at all. Its currently showing Dusseldorf

When you open the app, if you click down to Dusseldorf, it will populate a drop down menu, scroll to the bottom and you'll select iPlayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,494 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

[...] scroll to the bottom and you'll select iPlayer.

And to avoid a lot of scrolling in the future in case of more than one IPs used frequently, add them to favourites, so they'll appear on top of the list - I have done so with both iplayer and netflix. Easier. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭extremehalo

Where do you see or control this?
    FluffPiece wrote: »
    Yes the special offer includes 5 devices.

You can only remove 1 device a week as well to add a new one. Even if you have 4 slots free, you have to wait a week before removing a device now. You can add all 5 today if you wanted however.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FluffPiece

https://my.keepsolid.com/products/vpn/

Login and see your current devices. Can only delete one a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

FluffPiece wrote: »
    https://my.keepsolid.com/products/vpn/

Login and see your current devices. Can only delete one a week.

Can I just confirm if this is till the best VPN deal people have seen and are using? $39 dollars for a lifetime for 5 devices.
    I have a Media Box(Movie streaming)/Smart TV(UK iPlayers)/Phone/and laptop that I'd like on VPN.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

you get 5 slots with this -i had 5 then i deleted one off some tablet should i automatically get another slot for another device after deleting 1 other-so far i deleted one and its saying 1 available but wont let me use it still on device im trying to put it on

As far as I remember, there's a delay of a week before you can install it on another device.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I was in same position (switched phones), it took a few days for the slot to clear up after I removed my old phone...

Can this be loaded onto amazon firestick? Saying not available on amazon app store

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

BKWDR wrote: »
    Can this be loaded onto amazon firestick? Saying not available on amazon app store

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya it was awkward to do it. The instructions keep solid gave to do it didn't work. The link they gave for download was incorrect. Quick Google search and I found the proper link.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya it was awkward to do it. The instructions keep solid gave to do it didn't work. The link they gave for download was incorrect. Quick Google search and I found the proper link.

Can you renumber the link? The one im trying to download is saying can't install as file is corrupt

• Registered Users Posts: 15,819 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Can you renumber the link? The one im trying to download is saying can't install as file is corrupt

https://firestickappstips.com/vpn-unlimited-for-firestick/

This is the one that worked for me. The other one kept saying no file found.

Jofspring wrote: »
    https://firestickappstips.com/vpn-unlimited-for-firestick/

This is the one that worked for me. The other one kept saying no file found.

Thanks lads, I've set developer mode a s allowed access to unknown sources but still when I go to install the app I get the following

• Advertisement

Thanks lads, I've set developer mode a s allowed access to unknown sources but still when I go to install the app I get the following

Got it working thanks. Already had a version installed that wasn't compatible. Uninstall and followed instructions.

Surprised at how smooth the likes of Netflix works with it! Seamless

Advertisement