Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread #2]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,114 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

rob316 wrote: »
    Would ya recommend Heineken or carlsberg cans. Need a cheap lager.

Heineken would be my choice but both good, at the same price I'd always go Heineken.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,392 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I was in local Dunnes and as expected, piles of 470 Guinness only. How has Tesco secured exclusive access?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

19 for a slab of Heineken, cheapest I've ever seen it.

Got the last one in local Lidl tonight. Delighted.
    Not a mad Heineken drinker but I know the guests will enjoy.
    Guinness man.
    I like me Guinness how I like me women.
    Black and stanking and smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,948 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Got the last one in local Lidl tonight. Delighted.
    Not a mad Heineken drinker but I know the guests will enjoy.
    Guinness man.
    I like me Guinness how I like me women.
    Black and stanking and smooth.

And in 500ml widget cans

From what I've seen on social media the black lash on the 470ml cans has been strong so I can see why the sales are poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Got some 500ml Guinness slabs in Tesco Ballybrack just there. They had both 500ml and 470ml on the floor, same price.

Just got 2 in Local Tesco, €28 (20% Discount as Family member is an employee) for 48 Cans is some bargain,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭raclle

rob316 wrote: »
    From what I've seen on social media the black lash on the 470ml cans has been strong so I can see why the sales are poor.
    I accidentally picked up a slab without a receipt in Tesco. Came home to find a few days later they were 470ml cans and rang them to exchange for 500ml cans. It was self serve purchase so all they asked instead of receipt was the day and time of purchase and they were able to locate the receipt on their system. Excellent customer service. Wasn't drinking that muck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Any deals on a slab of coors light? I know there probably the dearest can but worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭rahern

leemaree wrote:
    Any deals on a slab of coors light? I know there probably the dearest can but worth a try

24 for 24 I think in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭mikeecho

franglan wrote: »
    Anyone know how long the 500ml Guinness slabs in Tesco are around for?

Hopefully they're making a comeback sooner than was announced.
    The lack of 470ml sales , might have given them the kick in the arse to sort out the widget situation.

Scrap the Guinness zero (well , put it on the back burner).. fix the Guinness 500ml can situation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Slabs of Bud 15e tomorrow in Lidl,
    1 unit per customer.

M

mikeecho wrote: »
    Scrap the Guinness zero (well , put it on the back burner).. fix the Guinness 500ml can situation.

Exactly, whatever fool thought of experimenting at busiest sales time of the year is a fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭mikeecho

1 unit per customer.

Please no derogatory comments... Some people actually enjoy it . Not me

I wouldn't drink it for free but if you do like it, it's a ridiculous price

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭sceach16

Not I !:D but I do like bud!

raclle wrote: »
    I accidentally picked up a slab without a receipt in Tesco. Came home to find a few days later they were 470ml cans and rang them to exchange for 500ml cans. It was self serve purchase so all they asked instead of receipt was the day and time of purchase and they were able to locate the receipt on their system. Excellent customer service. Wasn't drinking that muck

You shouldn't have picked it up then.

In the cold dark of mid January, we shall look back on these days of bountiful affordable slabs and pine.

Couldnt chance another trip to Tesco to see an empty shelf again. I only got one crate from two trips.

Thanks to whomever mentioned the click and collect. I've 4 bought to collect tomorrow so it avoids wasting a trip.

M

Anyone know if the Heineken cans in LIDL are packaged with cardboard or plastic? For bulk containerised storage I need them in plastic which seems to be only in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭All in all

Anyone know if the Heineken cans in LIDL are packaged with cardboard or plastic? For bulk containerised storage I need them in plastic which seems to be only in Tesco.

Pro at work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭adam240610

Saw one on lidl for 19 euro the other day, it was in cardboard

Stack the cardboard ones in black refuge bags and seal them.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 tommydublin

1 unit per customer.

Cant see online 😔

Cant see online ðŸ˜â€

Someone sent me a pic, it looks like it came from the Lidl FB page.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mamaz

As someone who has to travel over an hour to get to a Tesco or Lidl you best believe I'll be watching this like a hawk tomorrow as I venture out of rural Ireland to load up on sweet nectar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭raclle

You shouldn't have picked it up then.
    Not sure if sarcastic or illiterate :confused:

raclle wrote: »
    Not sure if sarcastic or illiterate :confused:

Mate, you made the mistake buying the wrong cans. Why expect others to pick up your slack?
    'I wouldn't drink that muck', you said.
    Well you put it in your trolley and bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭oceanman

Mate, you made the mistake buying the wrong cans. Why expect others to pick up your slack?
    'I wouldn't drink that muck', you said.
    Well you put it in your trolley and bought it.
    jesus!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭headnorth

Lidl

Screenshot-20201219-064418.jpg
    Screenshot-20201219-064348.jpg

Aldi

Screenshot-20201219-064500.jpg
    Screenshot-20201219-064439.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭93Cab

My local Centra has Heineken, Bulmers and Guinness 500ml 24 for €22!

Advertisement