Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LIDL plus app

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

Next weeks treats

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Dutchy

Hopefully not a silly question but how can you be 100 percent sure you're picking up the correct treat / free item? All of mine went through bar the blueberries. Must have picked up the wrong ones! When you click on 'products included' it shows a five digit number - does this correlate to the bar code number on the valid item? Had the same issue with the apple juice last week

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭EarWig

Yes, the code is on the price sticker on display. It will match the number in the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Lidl stubbornly insist on keeping the item photos very small and prevent the customer enlarging them so it's understandable that people pick up the wrong items.

Put your discounted items first on the checkout and watch the checkout display for the corresponding discount. If it doesn't discount the till person will usually offer to go get the correct item.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

with the blueberries, the pic on the app isnt right

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭crayon80

You can't zoom on the app you've to take a screenshot and zoom in on that.

The products aren't always on the right shelf. Nor are they always in stock.

Why on earth Lidl don't just include the barcode number instead of the product code is anyone's guess😒

The app doesn't allow you zoom in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

You are correct on that one but the pic clearly shows the brand and the weight, I went with that yesterday and it worked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I got two scratchcards for one purchase. Second one is €1 off

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

In my Lidl they were on the lowest shelf beneath the rice, there was two empty boxes there and I got the second to last packet in the third box

Taking screenshots and zooming those in is a lot of Malarchy when Lidl could just include decent size photos in the first place. Older people especially aren't going to do all that.

More sweets on third scratchcard

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Escapees

App scanning but no discounts applied at till. Sent digital receipt to Lidl customer service...

I'd love to know if Lidl outsourced the system development and ongoing maintenance. It's still so unreliable, years on. As in, you shouldn't have to check each time that the discounts have applied. If outsourced, the company involved should have to pay the cost of all the apology vouchers!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,869 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Yikes. How are you sending it to LIDL customer service?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Click on More,Help, then Contact us, you can use WhatsApp or messenger.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭go4it

every company has it's own way of doing things- tried and tested : for saving or making even more money!

• some products are grouped under same product code ( SKU ) - ie. salt and vinegar/ Salt /Cheese / BBQ flavours of crisps bags - one product code allows you to have a choice ( all products have different barcodes)
    • some products have barcodes, but not ( or very tiny) numbers under the barcode ; if the packaging gets dirty/misprinted or a discount tag is placed on the barcodes number....you get the point
    • if barcodes are used instead of product codes : you'll have multiple hands touching the product on the shelf, by people turning the product to see the barcode numbers on the back - not only a health and safety issue, but extra cost for the company to pay extra staff to arrange the products on the shelf facing the front ( if you work in retail, you'll know how important is shelf product display, with supervisors, reps and everyone in between trying to make and keep the 'perfect shelf' , without gaps and anything that will deter the customer in buying...)

Sometimes a product gets a new packaging - by the time the new stock propagates through EU stores, some countries still get the old packaging showing in apps/leaflets ( ie. chocolate and other food items for free/discounted )

Lidl is so big in EU and US , that they have their own datacentres and IT support infrastructure .

i see the app has an option now to enable 'digital receipt only ' feature - some say it was introduced to minimise time spent at till ( the seconds that pass between - would you like the receipt? and the customer's answer) ; some say it's to save the planet from paper pollution...

Post edited by go4it on

This thread is almost two years old.

Thanks for all the love and goodies Lidl 😍

Its been fantastic really even if I am eating more sweets than I normally would 😂 The Parkrun freebies have been great lately and also getting a euro off a shop on the scratch card every few weeks is decent too..

Would love if Aldi introduced a similar app too but given Lidls app is on the go two years now its unlikely to happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭uli84

My local must be really bad, went in today, and none of the 3 ‘freebies’ I could possibly claim was in stock :(

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Moving2017

I find this in the store I go to also… almost every freebie goes unclaimed… I mostly use the app for the receipts!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

The €10 off has been a super help, I’ve been using two a week when possible. It’s a brilliant saving especially as I shop in lidl. All the other bits too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Anyone else notice that the sweets on the scratch and win are often out of date? I picked up the Fritt fruit strips this morning and they are dated March 2022. It's happened in the past with chocolate too. They're totally fine but I'm surprised LIDL don't monitor it closer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

the top date is production date, if youre reading that one. the bottom line is the best before. with all the languages on it it took me ages to find the English which was crumpled up in the corner almost unreadable.

Its been great, it really helps to take the edge off the amount of food price inflation going on

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭crayon80

24 cans 7up or diet coke for €9.99.

XXL big box of dolce gusto compatible capsules €4.99.

Even better value with the €10 off 50's

• Registered Users Posts: 27,869 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

10e off plus

Free pork ribs on the coupon plus

Free savoury rice as treat

No sign of the organic blueberries so got free caesar salad

Great thread!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

I get around this by not scratching the scratchcard until it's almost expired. When you scratch it, the timer resets and you get another week to use it, by which time the previous weeks freebies are normally back in stock as the app has moved onto the next weeks freebies.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

I thought if u dont activate they expire on last day

Advertisement