Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 end of contract deal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I chanced my arm on this and got onto chat the other day about this, asked the girl what was the status of my plan, and she said that this legacy deal was no longer available and that the standard price was now 25/30€ a month, so I asked her to cancel.

She told me to hang on and got onto her manager and she came back first with 20€ a month, then 15€, but I just kept saying that I was going to GoMo for €9.99 a month and it seemed to do the trick and I got the €10 deal for another year. Took about 10 minutes in total.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I chanced my arm on this and got onto chat the other day about this, asked the girl what was the status of my plan, and she said that this legacy deal was no longer available and that the standard price was now 25/30€ a month, so I asked her to cancel.

She told me to hang on and got onto her manager and she came back first with 20€ a month, then 15€, but I just kept saying that I was going to GoMo for €9.99 a month and it seemed to do the trick and I got the €10 deal for another year. Took about 10 minutes in total.

Well played....gomo is 12.99 per month.

Ensure you get written confirmation of it and check your direct debits each month.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,769 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I got on to them this evening as well. Went back up to €30 a month so I told them I was going. They came back with 20 and I told them no. They came back with €15 so I'll stay for that. Took a screenshot of the conversation as well just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Well played....gomo is 12.99 per month.

Ensure you get written confirmation of it and check your direct debits each month.

Is it? :p I thought it was 9.99 so I kept saying that to her :pac:

In actual fact I was going to go to 48, but as I think they're the same parent company as Three, I thought by insisting on GoMo they'd be more inclined to give me a deal.

Yep, I have screenshots and a transcript of the chat.

Funnily enough they made a balls of applying the €10 a month plan to my account last last year, so after getting onto customer support after being overcharged for the 3rd month in a row, they applied some credit to my account which meant I didn't get charged anything for most of 2020 :D I mentioned it to their chat team on a few occasions but they assured me my bills were correct and I didn't owe anything :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭KathleenF

mfceiling wrote: »
    I got on to them this evening as well. Went back up to €30 a month so I told them I was going. They came back with 20 and I told them no. They came back with €15 so I'll stay for that. Took a screenshot of the conversation as well just in case.

Same for me, took less than 5 minutes I reckon. Happy to pay €15 if it means I won’t have to switch, must try get the €10 next time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭beachhead

vectra wrote: »
    I like Tesco, Vodafone are crap :pac::pac:

3 are really crap.I like Tesco too.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

If we all stick together and tell three we are leaving hopefully they will either extend it or offer us a similar deal. It was nice having to only pay €10 per month so there’s no way I’m going back up to €30 per month again. If three can’t give me some sort of deal when my €10 per month is up, I’ll be going elsewhere.
    KathleenF wrote: »
    Same for me, took less than 5 minutes I reckon. Happy to pay €15 if it means I won’t have to switch, must try get the €10 next time

48 give you pretty much the same thing for €8 / month, Virgin Mobile have it for €5 / month, why won't any of ye swap from Three

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

beachhead wrote: »
    3 are really crap.I like Tesco too.

Do you not realise Tesco use the 3 network? Your post is kind of ridiculous unless you're talking about customer service or something because the network definitely won't be any better just because you're using a Tesco sim. I'd say it would actually be less impressive than if you were with 3 directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Same as a few others on here, initially customer service insisted the 12 months offer was over and that was that but tell them that you plan on leaving and they quickly change their tune. Tenner a month sorted for the next 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,699 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

My Three bill pay contract is up in a few months and I can upgrade my phone from next week

Want an upgrade but buying a phone outright is just too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

Coming late to the party but does anyone know the direct phone number please for customer service to renegotiate this offer, not keen on the bot typing thing, thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Thanks to whoever reminded about the 10 euro deal being up. I logged in and found I am back to paying 29.99 so haggled them down to 10 a month for 12 months. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

My deal ends end of the month. I spoke to someone on the phone who said nothing comes up on the account and I need to call back after the deal ends i.e. I am paying the 29.51. I said I won't bother. Then chatted online with someone else. Told them I was going and they said fine. So 48 here I come.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭gifted

On chat last night with three.....paid 29.51 last bill after been on 10 a month for the last year.

Told me they would do 20 a month...no

Told me as I was a loyal customer they would do 15 a month...no, going to 48....

Told me as I was a valuable customer they would do 10 a month for next 12 months...sign me up again.....saved chat text.

Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Same as others, was just on chat with them, said the deal was up, then offered it for €20, said it was still too much, then said €15. I said about the 48 deal, said they'd check with the supervisor, then came back with the €10 deal for another 12 months, happy days.

Just hope they apply it promptly now, it took them a few bills last time to get it down to 10, but I've just got a few texts from them about new data allowances being applied to my account so looks good

Stuck in a rut

If i stayed with Three as i am it would be a one off cost of €900 for Samsung S21 Ultra (256 GB model) and then €45 a month for 2 years

Outright a S21 Ultra (512GB) model would be €1480 and when my contract is up in April try and find an AYCE Data sim only plan

Head is melted

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Stuck in a rut

If i stayed with Three as i am it would be a one off cost of €900 for Samsung S21 Ultra (256 GB model) and then €45 a month for 2 years

Outright a S21 Ultra (512GB) model would be €1480 and when my contract is up in April try and find an AYCE Data sim only plan

Head is melted

So 45 euro x 24 months= 1080 + plus 900 outright cost brings it to 1980 over 2 years.

1480 upfront and if you can bargain Three down to a tenner a month would work out at 1720 over 2 years for a phone with double the memory. Seems a no brainer if you can afford the initial outlay.

Testament1 wrote: »
    So 45 euro x 24 months= 1080 + plus 900 outright cost brings it to 1980 over 2 years.

1480 upfront and if you can bargain Three down to a tenner a month would work out at 1720 over 2 years for a phone with double the memory. Seems a no brainer if you can afford the initial outlay.

If im paying that much ill look into getting it insured

Ill might try go on Three chat tomorrow and see what can they can offer

What other sim only plans are there around ?

If im paying that much ill look into getting it insured

Ill might try go on Three chat tomorrow and see what can they can offer

What other sim only plans are there around ?

I told them I was going to leave and sign up to 48s 7.99 a month plan

Testament1 wrote: »
    I told them I was going to leave and sign up to 48s 7.99 a month plan

Might try the same trick

Thinking buying the phone outright would be better and save me money in the long run esp if i can get a cheaper monthly cost

Amazon Germany selling the 512GB model for €1429. With Shipping costs €1460.81

• Advertisement

Might try the same trick

Thinking buying the phone outright would be better and save me money in the long run esp if i can get a cheaper monthly cost

Amazon Germany selling the 512GB model for €1429. With Shipping costs €1460.81

You could just swap to 48's plan - it uses Three's network so it has the same signal

jdon72 wrote: »
    You could just swap to 48's plan - it uses Three's network so it has the same signal

Would it have 5G coverage ? Id prefer AYCE data

Would it have 5G coverage ? Id prefer AYCE data

Ah, then you'd have to stick with Three. No 5G on 48 at the moment and a max of 100GB

jdon72 wrote: »
    Ah, then you'd have to stick with Three. No 5G on 48 at the moment and a max of 100GB

I'll have a chat with Three in that case

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Every time I look at these plans for a "free" phone, they work out way more expensive then doing it yourself so buy the phone and use one of the low cost monthly plans available.
    With Gomo, 48 etc bringing the cost down, it makes it easy to decide, even if you have to borrow the funds to buy the phone, it will work out cheaper.
    Nobody should be paying more than €15 a month for unlimited everything now.
    If people move from the "expensive" plans around, the phone companies will have to bring the cost down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Thanks guys, dropped Contract up in 2 weeks so onto chat today, down from 45pm to 15pm... could have held for ten i think but needed to pop out so was happy to bite 15pm over 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭billbond4

Yeah mine is gone up to 30€ pm , they went down to 20€ (for 12 months)
    Did anyone get the 10€ pm on the sim only recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

billbond4 wrote: »

I just changed over to 48 mobile, the use the 3 network so basically the same thing, Its only €10.99 a month for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭vjmcdonnell

billbond4 wrote: »

I was on 15 a month for 12 month's and went back up recently. Rang them and was offered 10 straight away for 12 months. I'm on a 30 day rolling contract

• Advertisement

Moving to a sim only plan for €15 per month (€5 extra for 5G)

Simply €45 a month Is way too much esp when I'm buying my phone outright

Advertisement