Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

snoopy84 wrote: »
    There is. I pay €17 for 12 months subscription

Whats the link for the thread, I can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Is there any HBO Max saving tip for signing up via another country?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

samboy08 wrote:
    Whats the link for the thread, I can't find it.

Can't post the link, search for
    Disney plus launch offer

Not a specific family thread but families are created in there

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Pablo1802

I believe all Irish/UK cards are geo-blocked by Netflix on non-EU sites.
    Revolut,Curve,N26 (card for Irish customers is recognized as Irish card) are useless in this case.

I used German debit card on Turkey site and all was good.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Pablo1802 wrote: »
    I believe all Irish/UK cards are geo-blocked by Netflix on non-EU sites.
    Revolut,Curve,N26 (card for Irish customers is recognized as Irish card) are useless in this case.

I used German debit card on Turkey site and all was good.

Well you would be wrong in that belief, in the last week I know people who have set up Turkish Netflix using PTSB, Curve and Avantcards.

• Advertisement

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Well you would be wrong in that belief, in the last week I know people who have set up Turkish Netflix using PTSB, Curve and Avantcards.

None of the above cards have been accepted on Turkish site for me yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

I have been using my AIB debit card for months now.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

None of the above cards have been accepted on Turkish site for me yesterday

Are you adding the card to your Irish account before you cancel it and then resigning up in Turkey?

wiz569 wrote: »
    I have been using my AIB debit card for months now.

Lucky you !

It was all about new account with expired 1 month trial.
    None of my Irish cards were accepted.

Lucky you !

It was all about new account with expired 1 month trial.
    None of my Irish cards were accepted.

Did you try change payment method after the account expired?
    If so you need to do it before it expires, if not then I'm not sure but sometimes if you leave it a day or so it will let you add a different payment method.

• Advertisement

wiz569 wrote: »
    Did you try change payment method after the account expired?
    If so you need to do it before it expires, if not then I'm not sure but sometimes if you leave it a day or so it will let you add a different payment method.

I had my Curve on file but payment on Turkish site was not accepted giving some errors. Only German debit card was accepted and payment went through

I had my Curve on file but payment on Turkish site was not accepted giving some errors. Only German debit card was accepted and payment went through

Ah OK well at least you got sorted in the end, there doesn't seem to be any 100% guaranteed way to do this anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭kaerobe

No it’s only in the US for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭bromley52

As previously quoted it's US only but up to 3 different streams can be viewed at once. They have not enforced the streams having to come from the same household.

bromley52 wrote: »
    As previously quoted it's US only but up to 3 different streams can be viewed at once. They have not enforced the streams having to come from the same household.

The question was in regards getting a cheaper sub from another country, not sharing a sub.

Am I seeing that it’s not possible to sub to Turkish Netflix with Irish Card or Rev? But some of you are waiting to renew and then changing country with VPN at that point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

netflix sent a refund today in turkish lira, with no explanation. Anyone seen this before? I was using revolut

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

netflix sent a refund today in turkish lira, with no explanation. Anyone seen this before? I was using revolut

Did your Revolut card get locked/frozen?

Something happened me during the week and I posted about it a few posts back.

no card is fine.

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭Julez

Just a heads up for people on how I got this to work.

1. Signed up for one month in Ireland. (Irish KBC Debit Mastercard)
    2. Cancelled subscription the next day.
    3. After subscription completely expired (30 days) and I had the "Restart membership" option. I went to Netflix on my phone with VPN activated for Turkey and restarted membership.

Seems to have worked fine.

Note: I didn't change my payment method at any point. It asked me for a phone number upon restart, but it accepted my IE number.

There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use.

This is the latest with revolut or another bank debit visa card.

:confused:

😎

• Advertisement

Julez wrote: »
    Just a heads up for people on how I got this to work.

1. Signed up for one month in Ireland. (Irish KBC Debit Mastercard)
    2. Cancelled subscription the next day.
    3. After subscription completely expired (30 days) and I had the "Restart membership" option. I went to Netflix on my phone with VPN activated for Turkey and restarted membership.

Seems to have worked fine.

Note: I didn't change my payment method at any point. It asked me for a phone number upon restart, but it accepted my IE number.

Ill give it a bash. Want UHD but Irish prices are crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭samboy08

So to give everyone an update, I have just renewed my netflix today with my curve card and it worked fine!

I changed my billing details while I was still active then cancelled, renewed today using holavpn and it worked.

It asked about my phone number which I left the same but got an email asking to verify it, should I verify it or ignore it? I don't know why it is asking me to verify it again when I haven't even changed it after verifying it last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

Anyone any idea how to get around this? Tried Curve card, with Revolut and PTSB set as the funding card, same error.

I cancelled 30 days ago with Curve set as the payment type, and got the option to restart today.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    did you inform your bank you are going away to turkey so they unlock the card
    ptsb card caught me out in london a few years ago and they said they need informing of travel

I didn’t, but I did also try to use Revolut with the location security check ‘OFF’, and I’m getting the same thing:

did 30 days in Ireland set up with revolut on curve added phone number when setting up and just moved to turkey no issues using vpn unlimited

excuse my ignorance. what do you mean revolut on curve?

I have my payment set to paypal. Should I change to Revolut?

did 30 days in Ireland set up with revolut on curve added phone number when setting up and just moved to turkey no issues using vpn unlimited

Fair play. I couldn’t figure it out, and with the kids nagging me, I just bit the bullet and re-subscribed on the Irish site. The only thing I can think is different is I was using Windscribe VPN on iOS, i see a good few mentions of Hola and obviously Umlimited worked for you too. I’ll give it another go after Christmas and see how I go with one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Do you use Curve to pay for the Irish month first and just leave it as is when renewing then with the Turkey site?

As in, sign up on Netflix Ireland and pay for your first month on the Irish site, using Curve.

Then cancel, and renew your second month on the Turkish site with VPN, using same stored Curve card?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭lud

That’s what I did yes

ok, it would be also good to know if you renewed from the same device as when you signed up for the first time, same browser, with or without clearing cache/cookies?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭chrismcc409

kaerobe wrote: »
    excuse my ignorance. what do you mean revolut on curve?

I have my payment set to paypal. Should I change to Revolut?

Hi

I could be wrong but I don't think netflix turkey accepts PayPal so you need to be on card payment otherwise when you turn on the vpn and renew it will. Look. For. New payment method.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I signed in without using a VPN (I'm already on Turkish one) and changed mine from standard to 4k and it worked fine. Wonder if I could change it to Curve without issue.

Advertisement