Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Today the tax day - revenue.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭vandriver

None of the revised figures are applicable to me. I only received the 350Euro amount for 19 weeks from May to September (as borne out by my bank account records) so the amount should be evenly divisible by 350 which it isn't.
    What's the odd amount?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Beric Dondarrion

vandriver wrote: »
    What's the odd amount?

The amount divided by 350 comes in at 20.86 which is not the 19 week total I was on the PUP.

So 20 weeks at 350 and one week at 300.
    The rates changed to 300 on 17th September,could that be the reason ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Great thanks I'm gonna print the form off and send it on. Will go towards my tax bill. Lol

You can add the credits for this year straight away on revenue (still have to fill in the form but you don't have to wait for the credits to be added to your account).
    For the last few years you will have to claim them they will send you a revised SOL (you will have to fill in a separate form for each year) So if you've worked for the 4 previous years you will need to fill out the form 4 times and change the year on the form that you are claiming for.

You can also fill in the form and scan it to your computer(take a pic with your phone) and send it to them through 'My Enquiries' on your revenue account. But it does take some time for them to get back to you.

Last time I done it I claimed for 2 previous years and got a refund within 5 days, I didn't actually have to wait until someone checked the form to refund me there system automatically does it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Bangdiggy wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it usually takes revenue to issue a refund? My SOL is dated the 16th of Jan

Got my SOL on Sunday morning and refund paid into my account 15 mins ago.

• Advertisement

So 20 weeks at 350 and one week at 300.
    The rates changed to 300 on 17th September,could that be the reason ?

That could be it but my last payment received was on the 15th of September for the full 350. I've been overcharged and have raised a query through the my account section of ROS. Shouldn't have to pay tax on money I never received. Will see what happens.

That could be it but my last payment received was on the 15th of September for the full 350. I've been overcharged and have raised a query through the my account section of ROS. Shouldn't have to pay tax on money I never received. Will see what happens.

Did you check your bank account for early December (6th I think) for any arrears payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Got a bill of 1120 on my revenue account, was on the PUP for 8 weeks, on my account it says my employer applied for the TWSS on my behalf, but I was never on that I was only receiving the PUP 305p/w. Rang my boss and says he never applied for TWSS for any employee. Do I have to ring to query this? Bill seems very high

FixitFelix wrote: »
    Got a bill of 1120 on my revenue account, was on the PUP for 8 weeks, on my account it says my employer applied for the TWSS on my behalf, but I was never on that I was only receiving the PUP 305p/w. Rang my boss and says he never applied for TWSS for any employee. Do I have to ring to query this? Bill seems very high
    Pup was never 305

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭smurf492

Lundstram wrote:
    Got my SOL on Sunday morning and refund paid into my account 15 mins ago.

Got mine too and not a moment too soon!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

SOL received Monday, refund in account this morning. 2K. Thanks Revenue!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Pup was never 305

350 obviously an error in my post

Did you check your bank account for early December (6th I think) for any arrears payment?

Nothing in December from department of social welfare. I'm going with my original assumption that revenue have been given the wrong information.......which is worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭shmeee

Nothing in December from department of social welfare. I'm going with my original assumption that revenue have been given the wrong information.......which is worrying.

Did you log into Mywelfare.ie? You can request a statement of your received payments and then work out where the error may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭fafy

If anyone believes that any state payment has been reported incorrectly, logon to My Welfare . Ie, request a statement, using the from and to dates, this will be sent to you, almost immediately, save the pdf generated

Check the statement against your own records. If there is a difference, then Logon To Revenue My Account, raise an enquiry, and upload the pdf statement, you got from My Welfare. Differences can occasionally happen, but it is the DSP who are the ones providing inaccurate information to Revenue, usually due to “cut over” and timing issues.

Revenue will only change the amount when you provide proof, this is because, DSP give them the amounts, and Revenue upload this to their systems. They will not change the amount because you call them, so to avoid delays, retrieve the My Welfare statement, and upload it to your Revenue enquiry.

For those in receipt of Job Seekers Benefit, the first €13 is non taxable, so if you receive €203 per week, only €190 per week is taxable, so if you have received say 13 full weeks of JSB in 2020, the correct revenue taxable amount is 13 x €190 = €2,470, allthough you actually received 13 x €203= €2,639

fafy wrote: »
    If anyone believes that any state payment has been reported incorrectly, logon to My Welfare . Ie, request a statement, using the from and to dates, this will be sent to you, almost immediately, save the pdf generated

Looking at the website, you will need a PSC to request the statement. How can you get a statement without the PSC?

Looking at the website, you will need a PSC to request the statement. How can you get a statement without the PSC?

Without a PSC & My Gov ID, you can contact them by phone, or possibly via email, check their website.

I was advised by a friend, about 4 years ago, to get a PSC, it was good advice ! Makes the enquiry process a whole lot easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

With regards to claiming pharmacy prescriptions as medical costs, does that include prescriptions for children in the family too or is it just both parents? No medical card involved here.

Pharmacists here. I believe it’s the whole household, once the kids are under 18 or under 21 of in continuous education

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Pharmacists here. I believe it’s the whole household, once the kids are under 18 or under 21 of in continuous education

Age is irrelevant. For the tax relief you simply need to have paid the money. If you paid for my medicines and have the receipts to prove it, you would be entitled to the tax relief.

I find it handy to use the Revenue Receipts Tracker App. You can upload receipts for
    Medical, Stay & Save, Remote Working, and others, as you incur the expense.

Then, when tax return time comes around, the work is done, and the totals on the Receipts Tracker App, automatically feed over to the tax return. Its also a handy place to store your receipts online, for future queries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Sean9876

Hi Folks, my wife and I also had an underpayment of €1600. We had quite a few medical bills through out the year that came to over €1500, I assume that any monies that are due back from this are offset against the underpayment?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Sean9876 wrote: »
    Hi Folks, my wife and I also had an underpayment of €1600. We had quite a few medical bills through out the year that came to over €1500, I assume that any monies that are due back from this are offset against the underpayment?

Yes, any refund due is offset against any underpayment.

Have you checked you have all your credits for 2020? If only one of you was working and you have small children did you have the home carer tax credit?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

I'm still waiting for my SOL. While others here have received theirs and refunds as well. How long more do I have to wait?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cnbyz

I'm still waiting for my SOL. While others here have received theirs and refunds as well. How long more do I have to wait?
    They responded to my inquiry asking about the same and they said that it will be processed "shortly". It would help if they quantified that

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭carleigh

I was the same, submitted on Jan 2nd so I rang them yesterday and it turns out that the figures I input for the PUP my husband received were different than the figures DSP provided so nothing was happening with my SOL. I forwarded a statement from DSP yesterday afternoon and got SOL this morning. To be fair, I knew the questions to ask etc as I used to work for Revenue, but I was impressed by the quick turnaround. If I was you, I would give them a quick call just to query it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Sean9876

Yes, any refund due is offset against any underpayment.

Have you checked you have all your credits for 2020? If only one of you was working and you have small children did you have the home carer tax credit?

Yeah, both of us work. Thanks for reply on initial queryðŸ‘ðŸ½

fafy wrote: »

For those in receipt of Job Seekers Benefit, the first €13 is non taxable, so if you receive €203 per week, only €190 per week is taxable, so if you have received say 13 full weeks of JSB in 2020, the correct revenue taxable amount is 13 x €190 = €2,470, allthough you actually received 13 x €203= €2,639

Just a quick question about this. If someone lost their job or was made redundant and received the PUP instead of job seekers allowance/benefit would the first €13 of their PUP be exempt from tax as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Could anyone shed some light on this here, sorry now but I haven’t a clue about Taxes and whatnot.

So, I logged onto today and clicked into my tax review and it said for the past year I got an income of X amount from my employer but also said I’ve gotten 15,000 from DSP Illness Benefit, which I’ve no idea why that is there. The only sick pay I’ve claimed this year was I think 5 weeks of the enhanced illness benefit for covid related issues. Which in total would add up to around 1,600-1,700, I’ve no idea where this 15,000 has come from? Which had resulting in me apparently owing revenue 2,800. I’ve tried filling on an enquiry form on their site but keep getting an error with the text box, I also don’t know who else to contact about this, the DSP? My employer?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

15,000? That's clearly an error. Does that show up in additional income where you have to check the box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Lundstram wrote: »
    15,000? That's clearly an error. Does that show up in additional income where you have to check the box?

It shows my employee income and then in a separate box underneath it’s says “Other Income - DSP Illness Benefit”

Advertisement