Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cross Pens

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

As someone said already, didn't need one, bought two! :D Price was 119, total discount ~83, thank you OP and others that gave the additional discount tips.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

AT Cross are still a registered company according to the CRO. That doesn't mean they are registered for VAT, though. Ballinalsloe appeared as the Irish office when I looked yesterday, so fingers crossed they'll be VAT paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

whiterebel wrote: »
    AT Cross are still a registered company according to the CRO. That doesn't mean they are registered for VAT, though. Ballinalsloe appeared as the Irish office when I looked yesterday, so fingers crossed they'll be VAT paid.

They left Ballinasloe 20 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Didn't need a pen but I couldn't pass up such a good deal. Original price €110 reduced to €60 in the sale and then all the discounts brought it down to just over €22 delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

clairek6 wrote: »
    They left Ballinasloe 20 years ago

They still have a sales office there.

Edit - address is also given on their website, so vat is most likely included.

Site url also has en_ie in it. Denoting English language and Ireland.

So highly unlikely for any additional charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

I'm weak lol.

Thanks OP.......another bargain I didn't need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

Ah ****e. Seems they dont deliver to Denmark :( But great find,OP. We need more of these in bargain alerts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭BrianJD

€89 on 4 pens and a journal... thanks OP. I didn’t need them.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭blindsider

Thanks OP....couldn't resist....! Saved €20+ :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭the perfect ten

OP, a big thank you from me. One of the best bargains in a long time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,076 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Finishes end of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

NEWYEAR code no longer working for me

• Subscribers Posts: 40,953 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

swingking wrote: »

worked for me 1 min ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Was only for items in the OUTLET section so try there and don't forget to stack the codes as previously posted

https://www.cross.com/cr_en_ie/outlet

Ends 23:59 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Ends tonight at 11:59pm according to email I got this morning

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

it works - I just used it a while ago

my guess is you're not in the outlet section

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭rodneytrotter15

Just bought 3 of them. €119 to €36.42 for two and €70.50 to €21.57. Serious bargain altogether, Cheers OP..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

4 pens bought...3 engraved as upcoming presents...€70 paid...unreal bargain alert. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 apt2view

For a so called top brand the customer service seems pretty deplorable. Made an order soon after it was posted for over €100. The order wouldn't show up so thought it didn't go through and made another order. Got two emails with different order numbers and charged twice so have been attempting to cancel one since Saturday. Emails aren't being responded to. The Irish customer care number 1-800-282-7677 appears invalid. And when you call the UK number they state it's a different department and the can't do anything but will redirect our call to the Irish team - to an invalid number and the call drops.

Any idea how I should proceed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭lau1247

apt2view wrote: »
    For a so called top brand the customer service seems pretty deplorable. Made an order soon after it was posted for over €100. The order wouldn't show up so thought it didn't go through and made another order. Got two emails with different order numbers and charged twice so have been attempting to cancel one since Saturday. Emails aren't being responded to. The Irish customer care number 1-800-282-7677 appears invalid. And when you call the UK number they state it's a different department and the can't do anything but will redirect our call to the Irish team - to an invalid number and the call drops.

Any idea how I should proceed?

Call 0044 1582 422793 (press the key for sales I think). Speak to the chap there about that you wan to cancel an order but don't see the option on the website. He'll take care of it on his end.

The number is from the website by the way

https://www.cross.com/cr_en_ie/customer-service

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 apt2view

lau1247 wrote: »
    Call 0044 1582 422793 (press the key for sales I think). Speak to the chap there about that you wan to cancel an order but don't see the option on the website. He'll take care of it on his end.

The number is from the website by the way

https://www.cross.com/cr_en_ie/customer-service

That's the UK number I had called and spoke to a person and explained, they redirected to a dead end. Was told that Irish orders were a different department.

The UK number is also on the order confirmation email at the end. That's where I got it from.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Cheers folks! Hope everyone enjoys their new writing instruments. Shares in Bic will probably collapse this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭jayjbe

Anyone get shipment confirmation yet?

jayjbe wrote: »
    Anyone get shipment confirmation yet?

Nope

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

1 last pen... I swear that's it now.....

I do love a good pen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

apt2view wrote: »
    That's the UK number I had called and spoke to a person and explained, they redirected to a dead end. Was told that Irish orders were a different department.

The UK number is also on the order confirmation email at the end. That's where I got it from.

I’m in the same position. I placed an order via PayPal, appeared to be an issue with the payment. I ordered again and received an email shortly thereafter for the original order with the money taken from my account.

I found this number on google - (090)9631400; it’s from their old Ballinasloe office....I might chance it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I’m in the same position. I placed an order via PayPal, appeared to be an issue with the payment. I ordered again and received an email shortly thereafter for the original order with the money taken from my account.

I found this number on google - (090)9631400; it’s from their old Ballinasloe office....I might chance it tomorrow

Number no longer operational.....

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

NEWYEAR code still working, order just placed. Thanks OP

Finally got to talk to someone who knows what they are talking about.

They are not Irish vat registered and will send package by courier (they mentioned UPS but wasn’t sure of this). They don’t sound Brexit ready and sounds like they will as normal charge uk vat.

Therefore any order greater than €22 will attract both Irish vat and the courier admin fee. I’ve heard some couriers only taking cash at the doorstep.

Therefore I cancelled my order. As others have mentioned Cross pens are nowhere near as good these days and just about worth the discounted amount and definitely not after a heap of vat and admin costs added.

Thanks anyway OP

• Advertisement

Thought that might be the case - both my orders were under €22 so hopefully that's that as far as I'm concerned

Advertisement