Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Creality Ender 3 Pro 3D Printer DIY Kit (220 x 220 x 250mm Printing Size) for €176.48

• 15-07-2020 2:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10

https://www.tomtop.com/p-os1622eu.html?Warehouse=DE&aid=tt&cr=

Good price for the Ender 3 Pro, if you are into this sort of thing. Delivered from Germany so will be quick and no hidden taxes, all you'll pay is the €176.48 when using the code TTC3D.

Probably good to know that TomTop don't pay for return shipping, but PayPal will.

This is from the site:

1. The shipping fee for sending the phone back to us will be paid by customers except for DOA (damaged on arrival) situations. 2. During the return shipping, the customer is responsible for any and all customs charges, excise duties or tariffs during the item return to China. In these cases we will deduct the customs fees from your authorised refund amount.So as it is coming from Germany, there will be no customs charges, and if you buy it using PayPal, you can get up to £15 off the return delivery fee paid for. "Features
    • Creality Ender 3 Pro is a DIY kit, with 12 installation steps, easy to assemble, multiple tools to choose from, let users experience more printing fun.
    • Extruder was updated to a more advanced version: MK10, this change will “greatly reduce the risk of clogging and uneven extrusion”.
    • The Nozzle of Creality Ender 3 Pro max temperature up to 255℃, hotbed max temperature up to 110℃, hotbed can reach 110℃ in about 5 minutes, that can meet the need of rapid heating and printing.
    • Creality Ender 3 Pro adopts a new type of soft magnetic sticker, which makes it easier to remove the model and solve the problem of warped printing edges.
    • CNC machining the y-axis mounting groove requires only a few steps to accurately position, and the structure is more stable.
    • The printed model is of good quality, the size of the print is large enough, and the quality of Creality Ender 3 Pro is also very good.
    • Safely protect the power supply, resume printing function, and resume printing after power is restored.
    • The maximum printing size is 220*220*250mm / 8.6x8.6x9.8 inches.
    • Creality Ender 3 Pro supports various 1.75mm printing filaments, such as PLA, ABS, Wood, TPU, gradient color, carbon fiber, etc.
    • Creality Ender 3 Pro supports Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, MAC, Linux operating system.
    • With the free white filament material, the first printing test can be completed in a few minutes, the printed result is also good.
    • The Creality Ender 3 Pro can print any models you can think of, and it can also print masks and goggles for your family."

Specifications
    Model: Ender-3 Pro
    Plug: US/EU/UK/AU(optional)
    Frame Material: Aluminum Profile
    Power Input: 110/240V, 50/60Hz
    Power Output: DC 24V 270W
    Printing Method: FDM(Fused Deposition Molding)
    Printing Size: 220*220*250mm
    Printing Speed: ≤180mm/s,Normal 30-60mm/s
    Precision:±0.1mm
    Layer Thickness: 0.1-0.4mm
    Nozzle Diameter: 0.4mm
    Nozzle Number: 1
    Heatbed Temperature: ≤110℃
    Working Mode: Online or Offline
    File Format: STL,obj,amf
    Slice Software: Cura, Repetier-Host, Simplify3D
    Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10, MAC, Linux
    Filament: PLA,ABS,Wood,TPU,Gradient color,Carbon fiber,etc
    Filament Diameter: 1.75mm
    Item Size: 44.0 * 44.0 * 46.5cm / 17.3 * 17.3 * 18.3in
    Item Weight: 6.9kg / 15.2lb
    Package Size: 59.5 * 49.5 * 16.5cm / 23.4 * 19.5 * 6.5in
    Package Weight: 8.9kg / 19.6lb

OS1622AU-1-daca-RbBW.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Someone tell me why i need this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Tefral

Man, i dont need it but I want a 3d printer...

i need to try talk myself out of this...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,437 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Tefral wrote: »
    Man, i dont need it but I want a 3d printer...

i need to try talk myself out of this...

Ah you do tho buddy :P
    I'll even lend ya some filament :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,310 ✭✭✭Tefral

banie01 wrote: »
    Ah you do tho buddy :P
    I'll even lend ya some filament :pac:

Not helping man... ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,997 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

I have an ender 3 pro and I love it. It works great.

3d printing is not like a regular printer though, be prepared for a lot of figuring out and tinkering to get it working well. There are loads of model for prints available on thingiverse, but creating your own designs are really where 3d printing shines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,437 ✭✭✭✭banie01

3d printing is not like a regular printer though, be prepared for a lot of figuring out and tinkering to get it working well.

100% this.
    Dialling and getting up and printing is totally worth it though.

Between Thingiverse and all3dp aswell making your own bits and designs in blender, aswell as my kid using our printer for portions of his LC art projects it is a very handy and versatile piece of kit.

But...

They take a lot of work, a lot of fiddling and if you change filament type be prepared to start fiddling and refining all over again ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Can I make this with it?
    https://m.imgur.com/gallery/NpHxGsk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

For anyone on the fence.

I bought an Ender 3 at the start of lockdown and it was some of the best money I've ever spent. Incredible value.

Kept me sane locked up at home.

As others have said, its not "set and forget". There is tweaking. But that's part of the fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mttk

Just bought this, thanks OP. Actually not sure why I bought it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭Doodee

Hate this forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

This was posted on HUKD and did not get much heat ? Am i missing anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Question about ThingVerse. When you find something you want to print, can you resize it?

ie. If something on ThingVerse measured 10 x 20, would it be easy to resize it so it's half the size, 5 x 10?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭lau1247

This was posted on HUKD and did not get much heat ? Am i missing anything ?

Looking at some youtube videos regarding review, some prices mentioned appeared to be around 200-250 dollars (I didn't pay too much attention to the exact figures). Maybe that could be it, that it wasn't that big of a reduction..

I'm tempted myself to try it.. ahh decisions decisions

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Question about ThingVerse. When you find something you want to print, can you resize it?

ie. If something on ThingVerse measured 10 x 20, would it be easy to resize it so it's half the size, 5 x 10?

Yeah most slicers will allow you scale your print down, you can even scale down one axis at a time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

Doodee wrote: »
    Can I make this with it?
    https://m.imgur.com/gallery/NpHxGsk

Sort of.... Theres two types of printed an FDM and a Resin printer, the quality on that looks really good so I want to say its done using resin

To see the difference between the two check here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lRhZTdafE4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Anyone pull the trigger on this? DHL shipped to An Post and currently sitting in Parcel Hub for the last 5 days so wondering if anyone else was the same.

so has anyone actually done anything personally useful with their 3D printer?

many people seem to print 3 or 4 mono-colour star wars figurines and then it's rarely/ never used again

I can see some hobbies (e.g. models etc) really benefiting but not too sure about the case for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

For me it's really a new hobby as the winter months come in. I expect I'll probably get the most out of it from the initial build and setup, adding a few upgrades and Octoprint via Rasperry Pi for remote printing etc. I've a list of stuff I want to print and some family requests also. Lastly I want to learn how to design my own prints through Tinkercad or Fusion so it'll keep me busy for a while anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

glasso wrote: »
    so has anyone actually done anything personally useful with their 3D printer?

many people seem to print 3 or 4 mono-colour star wars figurines and then it's rarely/ never used again

I can see some hobbies (e.g. models etc) really benefiting but not too sure about the case for most.

Spice rack, under cabinet echo show holder, pot, battery holder, various upgrades for the printer itself, plant clips, brio train track connectors, lego, duplo parts, etc

got my ender 3 Pro around 2 months ago. Lots of tinkering, but I love it. Have spent a few euros on upgrades like silent board, glass bed, silent fans, etc... Great hobby

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭mickotoole

I pulled the trigger on this deal. I got my printer about 2 weeks ago and for me it's probably one of the best buys I've made through BA. There are so many options available to print. I've printed some upgrades for the printer itself, I've printed some key chains for the kids with their names, I've printed a MacBook holder, I've printed accessories for the office. If you're into diy or gadgets (or both) this is the right job.

Thanks op for sharing this BA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

What filament do people recommend for this and where is best to get it? I just pulled the trigger at €164.

What filament do people recommend for this and where is best to get it? I just pulled the trigger at €164.
    I'm actually printing the same print right now using a different filament than the first and I can tell you that this filament is excellent, better than the other. The one I'm using now is PLA filament from a crowd called Geeetech. I can't find it on any of the slicing software but it's performing very well. The other filament I purchased was eSun PLA+ and it's been doing ok but I have been getting stringing issues etc. I purchased both spools on Amazon. Good luck and happy printing

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

I use the basicfil pla from amazon, https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CSXKJQG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ne-sFbYSZANZY

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Spice rack, under cabinet echo show holder, pot, battery holder, various upgrades for the printer itself, plant clips, brio train track connectors, lego, duplo parts, etc

got my ender 3 Pro around 2 months ago. Lots of tinkering, but I love it. Have spent a few euros on upgrades like silent board, glass bed, silent fans, etc... Great hobby

So, in a nutshell, how long will it take before someone can understand this enough to 'print' something actually worthwhile - is this something that requires a lot of patience and learning or reasonably easy?

Does one of those £7.95 filaments make something bigger than a biro? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

So, in a nutshell, how long will it take before someone can understand this enough to 'print' something actually worthwhile - is this something that requires a lot of patience and learning or reasonably easy?

I picked mine up about a month or so ago (thanks OP :D ) and got up and running pretty quick. I spent the few days waiting for delivery by watching Youtube videos which really helped knowing what to expect with bed levelling and basic troubleshooting. 1kg of filament lasts for a good while.

Since getting it I've picked up a glass bed and replaced one of the hotend connectors (my fault for being rough). Overall if you have the money to spare, it's a great hobby. I've even managed to print some practical stuff such as a new leg for a couch and replacement clips for the retractable washing line.

+1 on learning the basics mainly bed levelling. Once you've got your bed levelled it's pretty easy to get up and running.

The unit comes flat packed so there is some assembly required at first but again YouTube is your friend here. I had it assembled and printing within an hour.

€7.95 filament might cause issues with your print.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I just finished printing the Sliding Legolini cross bow, building it as we speak. Took about half a roll of filament I'd guess and it's a pretty big print.
    Crossbows are illegal in this country, in case you didn't know.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Esel wrote: »
    Crossbows are illegal in this country, in case you didn't know.

I did not, probably should have checked that first. Thanks for the heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

How strong is the stuff these print? Is it like hard plastic or wood strength? Could you sit on a table made with it? Thanks for previous answers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,070 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Worried about the price of filament, how many rolls like that would it take to make the flower pot in your picture?

Advertisement