Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gutter cleaning.

• 16-05-2013 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

I need to get the gutters cleaned and washed down. Had a few guys knocking at the door but I'm always cautious!

Any recommendations for anyone in Dublin 15?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I used Robert from Proclean.ie this time last year, think I bought it via Boards Deals. Was very happy with the service and he was very professional. He cleaned all my front & back gutters and fascia and windows too. here is his website, he is based in Blanchardstown. http://proclean.ie/

I have no links with him other than being a satisfied customer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Same as above.... I use him for everything ..carpets,windows and the odd sofa..

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,268 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

A tenner every 2 months to get your all windows cleaned looks like great value. Must give them a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Zaph wrote: »
    A tenner every 2 months to get your all windows cleaned looks like great value. Must give them a shout.

Thats what I get done from him Zaph,he sends me a txt the night before to make sure its okay.

It keeps the missus happy and hes very trustworthy

The last windowcleaner used to charge me 25!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Paulieniceguy

Going to give this guy a call tomorrow need my fascia and soffit cleaned they look really bad. Also have a leak will this guy fix that also? Looks like an easy fix I'm just afraid of heights Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 doyler55

Hi how did you get on with this guy did he fix your leak? I could do with getting my gutters cleaned there really bad I also have a leak in the gutter at the front of my house I need it repaired ASAP

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Paulieniceguy

Robert did a great job on the gutters also cleaned my windows in on the price. He didn't charge extra for fixing the leak he said it was easily fixed witch I thought was great as he didn't try rip me off. Anyway I couldn't recommend him enough he did a brilliant job

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭tskk

I used the guy from proclean.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 zoozee

I contacted Him but he replied "No interested in the job". Not very friendly if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭robbie000

Strange that he turned down the work. I have used him myself before and found him very good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 zoozee

Well Robbie, that's what he said. He must be too busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭robbie000

Someone else might be able to recommend another person who could do this for you seen as do hes not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 doyler55

I had him power washing my front and back garden last week I was waiting nearly 2 weeks for the appointment I wouldn't get anyone else to be honest does a fantastic job. He was saying he was up to his eyes in it he is actually a very nice chap iv recommended him to all my friends before for gutter cleaning

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭septictank

He quoted me €80 for front and back on a terrace house, no way would I pay that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,906 ✭✭✭dodzy

septictank wrote: »
    He quoted me ?80 for front and back on a terrace house, no way would I pay that.

?80 seems fair enough IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Bulmers

tried proclean, 130 +/- for end of terrace house windows + gutters. v pricey.

does anyone have any other contacts / recommendations they use?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Gael85

What would average price be for cleaning gutters/windows for a 3 bedroom house?

My local window cleaners charge €15 for outside only. I had a guy who cleaned the gutters on a semi d for €20 but don't see him anymore. That quote I got for €80 was gutters only.

I actually replaced the back gutters, €50 all in, the Gutterman quoted me €400, nice work if you can get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,906 ✭✭✭dodzy

septictank wrote: »
    My local window cleaners charge ?15 for outside only. I had a guy who cleaned the gutters on a semi d for ?20 but don't see him anymore. That quote I got for ?80 was gutters only.

I actually replaced the back gutters, ?50 all in, the Gutterman quoted me ?400, nice work if you can get it.
    20 quid for gutter cleaning on a semi D :eek:. That's why you don't see him anymore. He copped on that he was providing a charity service.

You did well replacing the rear for 50 quid. No down-pipe I'd guess; just a length or 2 of guttering and a few brackets. 400 is a bit of a p1sstake I agree.

dodzy wrote: »
    20 quid for gutter cleaning on a semi D :eek:. That's why you don't see him anymore. He copped on that he was providing a charity service.

You did well replacing the rear for 50 quid. No down-pipe I'd guess; just a length or 2 of guttering and a few brackets. 400 is a bit of a p1sstake I agree.

Yeah, 2 lenghts 4m, 1 union join, used the old brackets. Cleaning the gutters Takes about 10 minutes for a guy with a good ladder, I'd go to €40,no more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭SnappyDresser

I had a few leaks in my guttering all the way around in house in Raheny. Then one day Academy Roofing Guttering guy called; pot bellied fella and said he would stop all the leaks in the guttering. Did the job for €280. Next day rain shower came and all leaking still. Rang them loads of times and response "Yeah we will be out". Never did. So decided that I would ensure they have a terrible review for anyone looking online. AVOID THEM. THEY ARE WOEFUL SERVICE. ACADEMY ROOFING GUTTERING ARE TERRIBLE.
    Got a local lad to fix it for a few quid as he was roofing apprentice looking for local work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 haroon786

. With a trowel or scoop, remove larger debris like leaves and twigs, placing them in a bucket or garbage bag. Use a garden hose with a spray nozzle to flush out remaining dirt, aiming water away from your home's foundation. Check that downspouts are clear and water flows freely through them. Inspect for gutter damage, such as cracks or sagging sections. Finally, perform regular maintenance, cleaning your gutters at least twice a year, or more frequently if you have overhanging trees. If the task feels unsafe, consider hiring a professional gutter cleaning service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ibrarazam

What are the signs that indicate it's time to clean your gutters?

Advertisement