Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due December 2020

• 28-03-2020 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭

Anyone else yet?? It’s a scary time

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 maisie_moo

Due Dec 4th or 6th all going well. First baby.
    (Still can't believe I'm writing those words!)

Question: Will doctor go by LMC date or ovulation date (I was tracking my ovulation as we were TTC) to get most accurate due date?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

maisie_moo wrote: »

Question: Will doctor go by LMC date or ovulation date (I was tracking my ovulation as we were TTC) to get most accurate due date?

Congratulations! Date of last period and 40 weeks from there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Mine always changed. My cycle was long so my harmony scan at 10-11 weeks date was used on my last two. My DD is 2nd, I estimate it more likely 4-6th

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

Just found out this morning BFP!! Shocked and excited as we had agreed to wait until the Coronavirus was over before trying again! It's our second, first DC is 8yo. Due 4 or 5 Dec. Wondering would anyone recommend the Coombe or Holles Street? Had my first in the Coombe but where I live now I could get an early transfer home with Holles Street once everything was ok... thanks a million

Congratulations!
    I'm in Cork/this is my first pregancy so I'm no help to you.

Questions: should I be making an appointment with my doctor soon? Is it free? Are doctors even seeing people at the moment? At what stage of a pregnacy must people pick public/private route?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Hello ladies. Baby number 3 here. Had miscarriage exactly this time last year so very nervous. Apart from telling my husband this is the first time I've discussed the pregnancy.
    Due very early Dec. Haven't booked in with GP yet. Might give it another week or two. Their priorities are elsewhere for the time being I suppose.
    How ye are all well?
    Any first timers I would highly, highly recommend MLU or Domino scheme if it is available in your hospital and you are eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DubGal123

Hi all, great to meet some others learning they are expecting at this crazy time! I'm actually due mid November but between first time pregnancy nerves and covid-19 I didn't want to make the first move and set up a thread so delighted there's a December thread now! I've signed up for the Domino scheme, I had read a lot about it before so applied straight away when I found out. Glad to hear you would recommend heldel00. I also managed to squeeze in my gp visit just before things got crazy, so now it's just waiting and hoping for the best these next few weeks. So sorry to hear about your previous miscarriage heldel00 - I hope everything goes well for you. Best of luck to everyone else expecting too!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

DubGal123 wrote: »
    Hi all, great to meet some others learning they are expecting at this crazy time! I'm actually due mid November but between first time pregnancy nerves and covid-19 I didn't want to make the first move and set up a thread so delighted there's a December thread now! I've signed up for the Domino scheme, I had read a lot about it before so applied straight away when I found out. Glad to hear you would recommend heldel00. I also managed to squeeze in my gp visit just before things got crazy, so now it's just waiting and hoping for the best these next few weeks. So sorry to hear about your previous miscarriage heldel00 - I hope everything goes well for you. Best of luck to everyone else expecting too!

Aw DubGal I’m the exact same! I’m due the beginning of November and like you between Covid19 fears and general early pregnancy worries I didn’t want to make the first move! Not my first though, all going well this will be our third. Such crazy times but hopefully all will be fine.

Congratulations!
    I'm in Cork/this is my first pregancy so I'm no help to you.

Questions: should I be making an appointment with my doctor soon? Is it free? Are doctors even seeing people at the moment? At what stage of a pregnacy must people pick public/private route?

My recollection is the first appointment is not free, the rest are, so I wouldn’t bother anyway, all the GP does is confirm it with a test and fill out the form- you can refer yourself in. I don’t think they’re seeing anyone in clinics anyway.

I emailed my consultant and they’ve booked me in but that may well change. I am private. Went public on first and private second and I recall booking in at 6-7 weeks and the first consultant I wanted was not available already. So I assume as early as possible for private, although horrible as it is, I imagine after the first trimester some of their patients have probably already suffered a loss so maybe room opens up again then.

cant26 wrote: »
    Aw DubGal I’m the exact same! I’m due the beginning of November and like you between Covid19 fears and general early pregnancy worries I didn’t want to make the first move! Not my first though, all going well this will be our third. Such crazy times but hopefully all will be fine.

Ah that makes me feel better cant26, I wasn't the only one feeling that way!! Sure hopefully we can hover in the December thread for a little while! :) I have an early scan booked for two weeks time when I'll be just over 9 weeks so hoping that might put my mind at ease. That's assuming it goes ahead - I haven't heard anything yet to say it will be cancelled so we'll see, I really hope it does!

Re. the GP visit, mine didn't charge but I guess it might depend from surgery to surgery whether they include the first visit as part of the scheme? Definitely seemed like more of a formality anyway, mine didn't even test to confirm, and I expect a lot of GPs have significant restrictions around visits at this point.

• Advertisement

I noticed there was no November thread and I thought maybe everyone is being careful/ delaying plans because of Covid 19! It makes me feel better to see a bunch of us in the first trimester together, it’s a scary time but it makes me feel better to know I’m not the only one

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

Hey Ladies, I'm also due early November, i was going to post in Oct Thread as id imagine it will be an Oct baby if i'm having a section. This is baby No. 2. I have a 7yr old. He was emergency section.

I contacted my doc 3 weeks ago and then decided it was best if i didn't go see her as i was so anxious about covid 19 so she emailed me the forms to complete and then i registered with the Coombe myself and due to have my first appt. 30th April. I will be about 13 wks then. I don't know my exact due date as I had coil removed in January and didn't get a period but i was tracking Ovulation. So i'm guessing i'm about 9 wks tomorrow.

How are you symptoms? I have sore boobs, constantly nauseous like a hangover and tiredness hits in the afternoon. On my first i had really bad morning sickness all day and the tiredness was out of this world. Don't seem too bad this time around. Which kinda worry's me too. I cant wait to have a scan for reassurance.

Yeah I don't want to bother the GP if I don't have to with all that's going on atm.
    Anyone know if I can refer myself into CUMH?
    I probably can't until I know if I'm going private or public?
    Oh my head is melted with this decision. I like the idea of the domino scheme but I may be too much of a whimp/not in 5mile radius anyway.
    All I want to do is tell my Mum so she can help me with all this but I havnt seen her in 3weeks as my dad would be high risk. I want to be able tell her in person/hugs. If this pregancy ends up in a miscarriage I'll equally want to lean on her.

Thankfully I can chat to ye/yer in same boat!

Edit; only just seen Ellys post above. Maybe they would email forms to me.

I'm not sure about self referrals in the various hospitals, but I do think you need to know re. Public / private when contacting the hospital from my limited knowledge! I just know they had the various steps set out differently on the Holles St website depending on which route you are going. There's some good threads on here around the pros and cons of public and private Maisie which might help you make up your mind - they definitely helped me as was great to read others experiences. It is a hard one though, especially as a first timer when you've no clue what to expect anyway!
    Totally get what you mean about just wanting to tell your Mum for advice though!! It feels like forever till 12 weeks, I'm not sure I'll last that long without telling.
    On the symptoms Elly I'm not getting many, which feels like a good thing sometimes and then so worrying at others! Sore boobs are the main one, maybe slight tiredness and not really any nausea, although I'm trying to convince myself it's there sometimes! It's mad I know if I had more symptoms I'd be hating it, but there's some reassurance in them too!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭thefasteriwalk

First pregnancy here. I think I’m due Dec 12. Very nervous. I don’t have a GP and have rang all local GPs who say they are not accepting new patients. Do anyone know what I should do? Or does anyone who’s been through this have any advice of other stuff that I should / should not be doing at this stage? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

First pregnancy here. I think I’m due Dec 12. Very nervous. I don’t have a GP and have rang all local GPs who say they are not accepting new patients. Do anyone know what I should do? Or does anyone who’s been through this have any advice of other stuff that I should / should not be doing at this stage? Thanks.
    Hey, congratulations on your exciting news :)

I don't have advice re gp but depending on where you live and what maternity hospital you plan on going to, you may be able to self refer so check out whichever one you decide on and then when this current situation calms the gp's may be able to take new patients again

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

Just thought I'd post I'm out of this month now 😣 was in the maternity hospital A&E today and have had a chemical miscarriage 😥 good luck everyone! Hopefully I'll be back in the next month or two on pregnant boards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Sorry to hear that youandme. Been there and it's not very nice. Be kind to yourself over the next while x

So sorry to hear youandme13. Hope you and your partner are doing OK. Mind yerselves xx

I'm so sorry to hear this news youandme. Thinking of you and wishing you all the best. Take care of yourself xx

• Advertisement

youandme13 wrote: »
    Just thought I'd post I'm out of this month now �� was in the maternity hospital A&E today and have had a chemical miscarriage �� good luck everyone! Hopefully I'll be back in the next month or two on pregnant boards!!

I’m so sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

Just joining you all today.
    Still in shock, but the 3 tests confirmed it.
    Calculated my due date about 12th December.
    Will call the doctor for an appointment tomorrow.
    I'm working from home during lockdown, and with a baby on the way we really need to stay financially stable now more than ever. I'm wondering if I should tell my employer early, and would it give me any protection if there were temporary lay offs? I haven't been in the office since 28th March as I was off on a few weeks compassionate leave.

It's such a strange time for this to happen.

My father just passed away at just age 63 on the 1st of March, we went straight from his funeral into a pandemic, we had to postpone our May wedding to October and now I'm pregnant. It's a lot to take in!

So sorry you've been through such a tough time lately Shelli but congratulations on your pregnancy news - hopefully it brings you some joy at what no doubt is a very difficult time for you.
    Re. work and all that's going on, I don't think they can discriminate either way - either positively or negatively - due to pregnancy, so you shouldn't feel you have to tell them now. It's really up to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Yeah I don't want to bother the GP if I don't have to with all that's going on atm.
    Anyone know if I can refer myself into CUMH?
    I probably can't until I know if I'm going private or public?
    Oh my head is melted with this decision. I like the idea of the domino scheme but I may be too much of a whimp/not in 5mile radius anyway.
    All I want to do is tell my Mum so she can help me with all this but I havnt seen her in 3weeks as my dad would be high risk. I want to be able tell her in person/hugs. If this pregancy ends up in a miscarriage I'll equally want to lean on her.

Thankfully I can chat to ye/yer in same boat!

Edit; only just seen Ellys post above. Maybe they would email forms to me.

I’m not pregnant anymore (have a 3 week old) but I pop into the pregnancy threads now and again in case I can help.

I have two and was in CUMH for both. Public the first time and domino the 2nd time. I highly recommend the domino scheme. The midwives are amazing, the antenatal classes are much better than the standard hospital ones. I honestly couldn’t recommend it enough. The distance has been extended as well. It’s 10km now rather than 5m and I think I’d be even further out than that and was still eligible.

In relation to self referring I don’t know if you can for CUMH. I’d give your GP a ring. I have heard that they aren’t asking patients to come in for that initial check up and they can either gather the info over the phone or let you self refer if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

We decided on semi private in Holles Street.
    I was able to book myself in without going to my GP.
    I went to my GP anyway the next day to register for combined care, and it was fine. They are all taking massive precautions, and are doing most consultations over the phone.

I've told my Mam and she's so happy. It's like my Dad sent us all a little happy present.

We've decided to cancel our original wedding plans and go with something much smaller, it just makes financial sense for us as I'd rather use our savings to take extra time off work next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RubyJessie123

Hi, I just found out yesterday that I’m due mid December and I’m the same as you - have no GP as was away for years and haven’t got round to it. I haven’t rang around yet to ask but I’m worried now. Did you manage to sort it yet or do you have any advice. Thanks

Hi, I just found out yesterday that I’m due mid December and I’m the same as you - have no GP as was away for years and haven’t got round to it. I haven’t rang around yet to ask but I’m worried now. Did you manage to sort it yet or do you have any advice. Thanks

Congratulations.

I rang a local doctor and she agreed to take me with no issue once I explained my situation. I visited her the day that I rang and I felt a lot better leaving. All seems fine and I just needed to decide on the hospital and public vs private.

I am a lot more at ease now. Try not to worry. Ring around tomorrow morning and see.

Let us know how you get on. If I can help at all I will.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RubyJessie123

Congratulations.

I rang a local doctor and she agreed to take me with no issue once I explained my situation. I visited her the day that I rang and I felt a lot better leaving. All seems fine and I just needed to decide on the hospital and public vs private.

I am a lot more at ease now. Try not to worry. Ring around tomorrow morning and see.

Let us know how you get on. If I can help at all I will.

Thanks so much for the reply and congratulations to you too. I’m still in shock to be honest! I’ll keep you posted and thanks again

How’s everyone feeling? I forgot how tough this is. I know I had said never again could I work and be pregnant so at least I’m at home. Feeling rotten and tired. Not puking but everything smells gross and the only things that I can eat are pizza pasta and cereal- all very healthy lol!. Have two smallies here so no rest for me. Miss my parents terribly, they mind the kids when I’m in work but can’t come due to the lockdown and I’d love their help right now. Feeling a wee bit sorry for myself, but I know these are the worst weeks for me, even the end is better than this bit

• Advertisement

Beanybabog wrote: »
    How’s everyone feeling? I forgot how tough this is. I know I had said never again could I work and be pregnant so at least I’m at home. Feeling rotten and tired. Not puking but everything smells gross and the only things that I can eat are pizza pasta and cereal- all very healthy lol!. Have two smallies here so no rest for me. Miss my parents terribly, they mind the kids when I’m in work but can’t come due to the lockdown and I’d love their help right now. Feeling a wee bit sorry for myself, but I know these are the worst weeks for me, even the end is better than this bit

Hi Beany. Sorry to hear you are feeling like that. I’m the opposite, feeling fine with not a hint of sickness, but that’s almost making me more worried if you know what I mean. It’s my first pregnancy so I don’t have anything to compare it to.

I hope things start to pick up for you soon.

Advertisement