Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Laptop recommendations, some preferences for €900ish

Options
  • 19-11-2019 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Had been looking for a while and it was a real head melt, hardware specs and me don't get on! I had finally plumped for one

Dell G3 17 Gaming Laptop - €948.99 (down to 806 with coupon!)
    8th Generation Intel Core i5 8300H Processor (Quad-Core, 8MB Cache, up to 4.0GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB GDDR5
    8 GB, 2 x 4 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz
    128GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive + 1TB 5400RPM 2.5 SATA Hard Drive

and placed my order only to mailed after 2 days saying this in stock item could not be fulfilled.

So I'm back on the hunt and need help.

Something similar to the above would be great!
    Hoping for a 1TB HDD and an SSD (128GB).
    8GB ram at a minimum. Screen around 15.6 inches would be nice.
    Laptop would be used for some gaming, nothing AAA.

Budget of €900.

I could possibly stretch to this
    Dell G5 15 Gaming Laptop - €998.99

9th Generation Intel Core i5-9300H (8MB Cache, up to 4.1 GHz, 4 cores)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5
    8 GB, 2 x 4 GB, DDR4, 2666 MHz
    128GB M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive (Boot) + 1TB 5400 rpm 2.5" SATA Hard Drive (Storage)

But I'm kinda put off by Dell after the last order and not even sure if the machine is decent.

Any help appreciated! Doesn't have to be Dell, I had good experience with HP before.

Sorry too new to post links! included specs now/

Comments

Advertisement