Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Current Shows/Events

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

:eek:...and worse than that, i saw a girl plastering her child with sun cream..the little tot then ran straight over to a car and started pawing the car with her lubed up hands .....we all know that car paint HATES suncream...dont we...??
    And a fat kid (no offense) dragging his fat leg and shoe across the Indian trike tank...:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Dades wrote: »
    I love this show but the cost is always too steep.
    Including that child-magnet "bouncy area" I dropped 50 quid last year (before food).

I'll be culling the numbers travelling this year.

I went yesterday, and don't think I'll be going again despite the lovely things on display. Too expensive, insane traffic and queues for everything.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The traffic really was insane. Terenure is such a pain of a location. Though I knew to park 5 mins away and not get lazy and try to get closer.

Ultimately, it was a brilliant show, just the sunshine meant huge numbers. Other years it's poured rain and there's no stretch on resources.

That's the Irish weather for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,730 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

we got in early, traffic wasn't too bad. I couldn't believe the queues to get in when we were leaving around 2pm.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

loyatemu wrote: »
    we got in early, traffic wasn't too bad. I couldn't believe the queues to get in when we were leaving around 2pm.

Yep it's an "early for everything" type of show imo. Get in early, get the coffee in early, get the lunch in early etc.. Great show though, some organisation and almost too many cars. I was there for around 3 and a half hours and didn't see everything.

Some of the club setups were fantastic, the Mercs were insanely good I thought.

Great show for Ireland tbh, I doubt there are many better across the water.

• Advertisement

PauloMN wrote: »
    Yep it's an "early for everything" type of show imo. Get in early, get the coffee in early, get the lunch in early etc.. Great show though, some organisation and almost too many cars. I was there for around 3 and a half hours and didn't see everything.

Some of the club setups were fantastic, the Mercs were insanely good I thought.

Great show for Ireland tbh, I doubt there are many better across the water.

Seriously...!!!..have you ever been to a show in the uk.....theres local shows bigger than Terenure almost every weekend throughout the summer...

I couldnt believe the q of show cars leaving at 3.....bad form i thought...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Seriously...!!!..have you ever been to a show in the uk.....theres local shows bigger than Terenure almost every weekend throughout the summer...

Bigger ≠ better. I don't think having even more cars would have made it a better show than it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

I couldnt believe the q of show cars leaving at 3.....bad form i thought...

it's hardly bad form if you have places to go and are a long way from home. I almost always leave shows before the end and have in the past had rows with the Jobsworth stewards at Terenure who think like you do. (unless you mean it was bad form they were having to queue to get out...)

Isambard wrote: »
    it's hardly bad form if you have places to go and are a long way from home. I almost always leave shows before the end and have in the past had rows with the Jobsworth stewards at Terenure who think like you do. (unless you mean it was bad form they were having to queue to get out...)

I showed a car at a UK show..we were told we couldnt leave before 4.30...we didnt mind and seemingly nobody else did either..people paid to see our cars......Its a day out not just for you...;)

• Advertisement

Yep, you get the clueless old bastards, dispensing their infinite knowledge, poking and prodding other peoples' property with their walking sticks.

I've had this one several times at shows : an old guy walked up to me, and as I was toting a camera, asked if I would take a photo of his Grandson. It was easier just to take one than explain I'm not from the "Cork" Examiner. Clueless

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

I have to agree with Max Headroom. The show was being advertised as being on from 11 to 6 so I found it appalling to see the amount of cars leaving early. Anyone who turned up at 4 thinking they had 2 hours to look around would have been sorely disappointed. I've brought cars to shows and I always stay till it's finished.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

The reason I don't bring the car to shows is because I can't commit to staying all day.

Leaving at 3pm is a bit much, though they should do something to stagger the departure of 1,000 cars, many of which might have a penchant for overheating.

I've had this one several times at shows : an old guy walked up to me, and as I was toting a camera, asked if I would take a photo of his Grandson. It was easier just to take one than explain I'm not from the "Cork" Examiner. Clueless

Isnt that illegal nowadays.............:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭mustang68

Dades wrote: »
    The reason I don't bring the car to shows is because I can't commit to staying all day.

Leaving at 3pm is a bit much, though they should do something to stagger the departure of 1,000 cars, many of which might have a penchant for overheating.

We left at 5ish and I did discover the Mustangs penchant for overheating... within 30m of the gate!! 40 mins is madness to wait to get out.

I guess some of those cars were there from 8 or 9, it's a long day to hang around in fairness. I took mine for a spin but didn't show it as I wouldn't have wanted to hang around for 9 or 10 hours. Plenty of nice metal to look at in the car park as well!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

How much was admission btw?

mustang68 wrote: »
    We left at 5ish and I did discover the Mustangs penchant for overheating... within 30m of the gate!! 40 mins is madness to wait to get out.

We thought ye were making a brew...........:D

TBH i dont know what was going on....we left for the carpark around 6...on the way out the gate (straight out, no waiting) a classic that we'd seen 20 mins earlier passed us by heading for the M50....was there an issue with the Guards letting you out..:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 21,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Alkers wrote: »
    How much was admission btw?

15 for adults, 5 for kids.

Eoin wrote: »
    15 for adults, 5 for kids.

10 for seniors.......being old is great.....:D

• Advertisement

does that charge apply to exhibitors too?

;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

does that charge apply to exhibitors too?

Slightly different structure: https://www.irishjagclub.ie/terenure-car-show/
    Our 2019 entry fees for classic car display are:
    • For Display: €10 per car (Up to Monday, June 24th inc driver and one passenger, extra passengers €5 each. Commemorative plates must be booked separately before this date. Display cars should be at least 20 years old unless entering with a one marque club or by prior invitation.)
    • Cars for Sale: €35 (Single vehicles only, all signs must be inside the car. Inc driver and one passenger.)
    • Late entry fee: €20 per car (After Monday, June 24th. Entries can be made online up to Friday, July 5th. A limited number of entries will be available at the gate up to 10am on the day subject to space being available. Late entries should collect their windscreen hanger from the organisers office in the field before 10am if they wish to be included in the judging.)

macplaxton wrote: »

thanks had forgotten Have a load of those plates with pot plants on them! (pot not Pot)

Have a load of those plates

Including the "Austin Martin" one? :D

yup :-) classic gaff

34th Annual Trim V & V Car Show will be held on Sunday 21st July 2019 at Porch Fields, Trim, Co Meath.

Poster-1-736x1024.jpg
    http://trimvandvcarshow.com/

planning to go to Trim. In fact I was planning to go this weekend having got the dates wrong. No matter I can go to the ll Ford show in New Ross now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Del.Monte

• Advertisement

Theres a show on in punchestown next weekend 24th and 25th.
    I went one year.
    It was good.

Advertisement