Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to find a Church near you?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

St Mark's Family Worship Centre in Pearse Street is a lively Pentecostal Church with a lot of young people. www.stmarks.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a good church?
    I have recently come back to Christianity after about five years and am fairly clueless now.
    I used to be Catholic but now am simply"Christian" so I would not feel comfortable attending Catholic services .
    I looked into the Grace bible fellowship but I heard it was actually Baptist? If so, that won`t suit me as Im not Baptist either.
    Its hard to decide where to go so any insight would be welcome. Also , Im 23, so somewhere with a somewhat youngish congregation would be preferable.

All advice welcome.

I wouldn't get too hung up on denominations. Find a good Bible based church that will afford you the opportunity to grow spiritually in your walk with Christ.

One that teaches from the Bible and conducts a service in which you feel comfortable.

We started going to a Christian and Missionary Alliance church 12 years ago after leaving the Catholic church. Our C&MA church has been great, but it doesn't mean that I would go to a C&MA church if we were to move.

Blessings on your church search.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Novemberstar, what town do you live in? It is always good for a Christian to attend church in their own community.

if you give us your town, we may be able to recommend some churches nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 NovemberStar

Im a bit of a nomad but Im on the Finglas /Glasnevin border at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Living4Him

Victory Christian Fellowship is a good place to worship.

35 Westland Row, Dublin 2

More Info: www.victory.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bcondon

If you ever venture down to Cork, drop into
    http://www.graceireland.com
    Grace Christian fellowship, a warm friendly gathering of believers. We meet at 11.00am Sunday morning and tuesday night at 7.30pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Work has brought me down to this neck of the woods for the next few weeks, looking for a Christian church in Ennis or Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Work has brought me down to this neck of the woods for the next few weeks, looking for a Christian church in Ennis or Shannon.

Tippfellowship.org is a good place to look, all Ireland church directory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

keano_afc wrote:
    Tippfellowship.org is a good place to look, all Ireland church directory.
    Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 memory

Hey I'm living in Lucan and I am looking for a good Christian church to attend - I've heard about the Trinity Church in the school - can anybody give me some info about it?
    I would be going to it alone because I don't know anybody who goes and I'm kinda freak out about that! lol! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

Check out Abbey Presbyterian Church (Findlater's) on Parnell Square.

The website is: http://web.mac.com/abbeychurch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Myself and my wife are non-denominational Christians. We want to find a Christian community in Dublin. However, we are anti-ritualistic (catholicism etc is out of the question). Would love to find a Christian community without 'any' creed. The one thing that I don't like about being non-denominational, is there are no gatherings of like minded people, to help in upbuilding etc. We meet with like minded family members, but I was just wondering if there are others out there. I would like a group that reason the scriptures, not just say, 'this is it, this is our doctrine'. That hold up 'Living' the message as well as teaching it. That do not believe in 'means to an end' teaching, and stick to Christian principles when teaching. That is more than just, meet on sunday and have someone dish out sermons. As I said, more of a Christian community. Any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

There's a baptist church in lucan. Its at the youth centre.
    To get there you just turn left after the garda station into a small little road, and all the way up.
    The phone number is 1- 628 3076

We have a sunday school on sundays at 10.30 am
    after that at around 11.40 we have a service

theres also another service at 6 pm on sundays
    and bible study at 7 pm on wednesdays.

It is a baptist church, but we don't really go by names. What I mean is, we are all born again christians, and we follow and believe each single word of the bible.
    We are only called baptists because sometime in the past people starting calling us that because of the way we baptise people, full inmersion in water, compared to the sprinkling of water in some churches.

We are a young church that is growing rapidly, and have recently started a young adults group, which is great because I used to be the only person my age there, but not anymore!!!
    anymore questions just ask or drop in!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

Cork Free Presbyterian Church.
    10 Briarscourt, Shanakiel Cork. Northside of the city.

Sundays 11:30 and 18:30.
    Tuesdays 20:00

http://www.corkfpc.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Hooky 25

Victory Outreach Dublin www.victoryoutreachdublin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Design_Dude

Kingscourt Church of Ireland. Every sunday, generally 11.30. Top of the town opposite SuperValu!!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

http://www.livingwordchurch.ie/ in Galway City and Dundalk

I've recently joined this church and it's a very friendly and welcoming church.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Great to see Living Word Church have a church in Dundalk now too. I'll suggest Galway Christian Fellowship www.gcf.ie if youre in the locality!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 mbyrnes

Anyone in mullingar looking for a solid Christian Church please see this link.. http://mullingarcf.ie/home/ - Great place to meet with a great Pastor. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,336 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Actually if anyone has email contact for St Johns church in clontarf dublin 3 please let me know. I can only get a phone number for them and it wasnt answers. As I am out of the country email would be a lot easier for me.

All the other churches in the area have emails but the St Johns I want. Its the one on the sea front, not the Church of Ireland one which is also St Johns and is also in clontarf.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Does anyone know if there is parking handy for St Marks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭CaramelBear

I really didn't go through the entire 6 pages of this thread since I only came across it today...

Here's the website of church I went to while I lived in Waterford City:
    http://www.anchorbaptistchurch.ie/

There's one in Ballincollig, Cork, Bible Baptist Church:
    www.biblebc.com/

That one is deadly. They arrange camps every year, I went to the last one. It was awesome. They had an equal amount of physical activity and spiritual exercise. I was among the oldest and planning to go back as a worker if they'll take me. Kids and pastors from all over Ireland came to camp. We had a few Americans come over as well. One American pastor, totally pierced my heart with his testimonies. He made me cry everytime he got up to the pulpit. =/

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

Anyone know mass times in NUIG MASS TODAY ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

ArraMusha wrote: »
    Anyone know mass times in NUIG MASS TODAY ?

Not a clue, I'm afraid. I think your best bet would be to check out their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭homer911

www.greystonespc.org (Presbyterian, but not your typical)

New Minister, New Youth Leader, New Youth Group, New services, New community interaction (Christianity Explored, Community Centre Carol Services etc), New time, New people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭sorella

Wondering if the House Church idea has reached Ireland?

It would meet many needs.
    JimiTime wrote: »
    Myself and my wife are non-denominational Christians. We want to find a Christian community in Dublin. However, we are anti-ritualistic (catholicism etc is out of the question). Would love to find a Christian community without 'any' creed. The one thing that I don't like about being non-denominational, is there are no gatherings of like minded people, to help in upbuilding etc. We meet with like minded family members, but I was just wondering if there are others out there. I would like a group that reason the scriptures, not just say, 'this is it, this is our doctrine'. That hold up 'Living' the message as well as teaching it. That do not believe in 'means to an end' teaching, and stick to Christian principles when teaching. That is more than just, meet on sunday and have someone dish out sermons. As I said, more of a Christian community. Any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

sorella wrote: »
    Wondering if the House Church idea has reached Ireland?

It would meet many needs.

Thats kind of what we have at the moment. Its just a family thing. Sometimes, you just yearn for a bigger fellowship though. I've seen the damage caused by the wrong fellowship though. A close family member used to be a Jehovahs Witness, but left it on cociencious grounds i.e. Could not reconsile their doctrines with Christ. Lost all his friends, as no-one was allowed to speak to him etc. He was shunned. When he was really into it, he loved it. As soon as he asked certain questions though, the daggers were out. Even at a funeral we were at recently, not only did they shun him, but shunned him bleightantly. Have to say, it made me weary about finding a fellowship, but God willing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

While I share your mistrust of all things organised, it would be a shame to miss out on fellowship because of previous negative experiences. Yes, bad things can sometimes happen in a church, but I would like to think that these moments of hypocrisy are far outweighed by the good.

I know; we are blessed in our Sisters of course.
    JimiTime wrote: »
    Thats kind of what we have at the moment. Its just a family thing. Sometimes, you just yearn for a bigger fellowship though. I've seen the damage caused by the wrong fellowship though. A close family member used to be a Jehovahs Witness, but left it on cociencious grounds i.e. Could not reconsile their doctrines with Christ. Lost all his friends, as no-one was allowed to speak to him etc. He was shunned. When he was really into it, he loved it. As soon as he asked certain questions though, the daggers were out. Even at a funeral we were at recently, not only did they shun him, but shunned him bleightantly. Have to say, it made me weary about finding a fellowship, but God willing.

• Advertisement

Maybe depends on the size? It can beome very anonymous as I recall it.
    While I share your mistrust of all things organised, it would be a shame to miss out on fellowship because of previous negative experiences. Yes, bad things can sometimes happen in a church, but I would like to think that these moments of hypocrisy are far outweighed by the good.

Advertisement