Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you be watching Ramadan Diaries this evening?

• 09-05-2020 8:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

It's scheduled for 5:40 pm on RTE. Don't miss out!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Class MayDresser

Wooooah Black Betty...
    Black Betty had a child

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

No, I don't think I will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭ChelseaRentBoy

Sorry washing my hair OP

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

OP, you are such a pathetic loser. Real beta sort of guy. That’s why trivial stuff really annoys you.

Gets under your skin and festers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

No, I will be watching Newshour on Al Jazeera instead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

OP, you are such a pathetic loser. Real beta sort of guy. That’s why trivial stuff really annoys you.

Good point, well made.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    Good point, well made.

"good point my arse make a brew willya Anthony"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Nope, I will be having a feed of bacon and some pints at the time ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭LeYouth

I'll have to start a thread about shyte or farting - that'll be more up your street.

Good point, well made.

Are you the 60 year old bloke that's pretending to be a 22 year old african?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,375 ✭✭✭✭listermint

LeYouth wrote: »
    I'll have to start a thread about shyte or farting - that'll be more up your street.

Nah you'd probably get annoyed about it. Because you know your a bird hard on for things other people do....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,285 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Getting stuck for things to do or watch so might take a look. What’s it about and who’s in it? Hopefully not Tom Cruise, not a fan of his but I do like that Colin Farrell fella. Is he in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Nope, I will be having a feed of bacon and some pints at the time ...

ham saturday in our house

listermint wrote: »
    Nah you'd probably get annoyed about it. Because you know your a bird hard on for things other people do....

A bird hard on? You want to be in that women approaching men thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,432 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

A bird hard on?

I think they call it a “wide on”.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Ban. Don't post in this thread again when you are back.

Don't engage please.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,432 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Baggly wrote: »
    Mod

Ban. Don't post in this thread again when you are back.

Don't engage please.

Would you not move the nonsense to the “Current Affairs” forum? Somewhere the lads can get off over a bit of “muzzie” bashing without the rest of us having to watch.

Or just kill it off by moving it to the “Television“ one, it does refer to a TV show after all.

The tide is turning…

You are always free to not visit the thread Emmet. That way you won't have to watch as well. Thread stays.

You all heard Dirty Harry, guys. "Thread stays." Let the muslim bashing commence!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Won't watch, no. Also don't watch the thing at 6 o'clock before the news every day, or services on Sunday, or Easter Services or Midnight Mass, or songs of Praise because organised religion is a nonsense isn't it.

I look forward to all the threads stating "will you watch........" I'm sure they'll have as much merit as this one.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Let the muslim bashing commence!

I think you just broke some hate speech law.

You all heard Dirty Harry, guys. "Thread stays." Let the muslim bashing commence!

Mod

Not what I said Woke, and if you or anyone should engage in anything contrary to forum rules, usual sanctions will be applied.

I'm assuming no-one has an issue with discussing ramadan without "muslim bashing" but if they do, cards will be handed out.

Mod

Not what I said Woke, and if you or anyone should engage in anything contrary to forum rules, usual sanctions will be applied.

I'm assuming no-one has an issue with discussing ramadan without "muslim bashing" but if they do, cards will be handed out.
    Woah-ho! You got it, Tex! Don't shoot, officer!

Get back on topic Woke

Get back on topic Woke
    You're not as cool or intimidating as you think you are when you talk to people like this.

I won't be watching Ramadan Diaries this evening.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

It always really interests me to find stuff out about Ramadan from people who do it. Intermittent fasting is in many religions including Catholicism, even though most people who claim to be Catholic don't observe the fast days anymore. There is actually a lot of research done into the benefits of fasting, though the concensus is that three days is the best period of fasting for it to have benefits to one's health.

Last year around Ramadan I got a taxi home after a night out and the lad who dropped me home was Muslim. He was saying most of the taxi drivers do the night shift as they can't eat during the day, I thought it was a crafty loophole. He was also telling me about the class food they eat, gave me a recipe for Biryani I've made loads of times since.

The level of contempt in here is unfortunate but not very surprising as certain sections of Irish society are totally insulated from ever encountering people of different cultures. Fortunately the generation growing up in Ireland now represent a wide variety of races and religions. Current trends seem to show that many will be atheist or agnostic due to readily available information when they start to question the tenets of their family's tradition. There will definitely be a lot more appreciation and acceptance of people when it comes to religion in about six or seven years when the current primary school kids finish secondary school.

You're not as cool or intimidating as you think you are when you talk to people like this.

I won't be watching Ramadan Diaries this evening.

Mod

That's enough woke.

Issues with mods can be taken elsewhere. Stay on topic all. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I look forward to all the threads stating "will you watch........" I'm sure they'll have as much merit as this one.

I might start one for the 6 o'clock news every day and see if that goes down as well.

I won't be watching it OP, not because I'm a mouth-breathing bigot, just because it doesn't interest me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Won't be watching, because I refuse to watch anything remotely religious. I personally think they should all be banned, or at the very least religious preferences should not affect anyone or anything else, nor should it be used as a reason to not do something your job expects. Religion has, and always has been and will be, nonsense used to control the masses and it has no place in a modern society. I've no problem if you want to believe in it, or it gives you some sense of false security or some other such nonsense, but it should never impact anyone else. A belief has no place in law imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,692 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Friend of mine reckons he usually gains a couple of kilos during Ramadan due to eating at night and having a fairly sedentary job. His family generally have their iftar around 8:00pm and I've attended a few times with other friends. I know his mother in law was a bit shocked that they don't wait until actual sunset so be interesting if the programme carries a few different interpretations.

Advertisement