Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Prayer Requests / Testimonies

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Hermione, I hope you and your mum have an enjoyable and close time together for the forseeable future. You and your mum are in my thoughts and thanks for your kind words.

Granny passed away this morning peacefully in her sleep. I'd love if we could all share a prayer for all the people who looked after her and the other people in the hospice, including doctors, nurses, chaplains and volunteers. They are true heroes for going in there day after day.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I would not be alive had it not been for all the prayers that people said for me in the past few months - as a lot of people know I had oesophageal cancer and died twice in hospital, the fact that there was no cancer found in the biopsy of my oesophagus and the 40 lymph nodes that they removed and the fact that I came back is a miracle. Thanks to everyone for their prayers and thank you God.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭siochain

Hermione,

I pray for you and your family to have strength over the coming year. I pray for you’re Mum to have comfort over the next year.

Lord please bless this family and all who care for Hermione’s mum.

Peace and blessings

Red Alert wrote:

Granny passed away this morning peacefully in her sleep. I'd love if we could all share a prayer for all the people who looked after her and the other people in the hospice, including doctors, nurses, chaplains and volunteers. They are true heroes for going in there day after day.

I pray for all the Angels and Saints who work in our health service. Bless the hands and minds of these hardworking-committed souls.

Pease and blessing to all.

My friend David's 2 1/2 year old son Robbie died from meningitis yesterday morning. In the space of 24 hours he was gone to our Lord Jesus Christ.

God I pray for baby Robbie who is with you now. God I pray for you to please comfort this family as the come to terms with this tragic loss.

• Advertisement

"Blessed are those who mourn for they shall be comforted"

May the lord watch over his parents, and I pray tonight that in time their eyes can be opened to joy, happiness and peace again, confident that they will see their son again in heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭microgirl

Please, please, please pray for my friends who've just lost their first - miracle - baby, less than 4 weeks before he was due. Kicking and wriggling like a mad thing yesterday; today, no heartbeat.

Mother was told she'd probably never get pregnant, less than 3% chance, so this is doubly gutting. And she has to be induced on Friday now and go through full, normal labour and delivery for a little, dead baby boy.

Please, keep the three of them in your thoughts.

I don't think I've ever wanted a drink so much in my life. But I gave up alcohol for Lent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I read about that in ljland and will be keeping them all in my prayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Their in mine too.

Will have them in my prayers too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Hi Microgirl,

Just read your post and prayed for your friends. Lost a baby myself after waiting 9 years to have her. The pain is unbelievably physical, and when I hear of anyone else going through this, it stabs at my heart. Will continue to ask God to give them (and you) His strength...

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭microgirl

Thank you all. Any strength they can get right now is good. I don't know how the induction has progressed today, but I'm hoping and praying for a speedy delivery, to let them get what closure they can as quickly as they can.

Splendour - I have no words. My heart goes out to you too. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

CathyMoran wrote:
    I would not be alive had it not been for all the prayers that people said for me in the past few months - as a lot of people know I had oesophageal cancer and died twice in hospital, the fact that there was no cancer found in the biopsy of my oesophagus and the 40 lymph nodes that they removed and the fact that I came back is a miracle. Thanks to everyone for their prayers and thank you God.

:eek:

I pray that you keep getting better, Cathy!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MeditationMom

I was just sitting here looking out the window after reading this thread, feeling happy - especially for CathyMoran - wondering where to start, listing all the grace and miracles in my life. As I was feeling grateful I noticed the rain, falling gently outside my window. Such a miracle. And as if that weren't enough already, my husband handed me a hot cup of fresh coffee.

:)
    CathyMoran wrote:

Cathy I am so pleased read your post, faith and prayer are powerful. May you go from strength to strength.

God bless

As I sit outside on this great evening watching the kids playing I feel in inner bliss. With gratitude in my heart I thank and praise you God for everthing you have done in my life.

Amen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Heart_N_Soul

I would like to thank the Lord personally for my own salvation,
    This time last year I was in the depths of depression and dispair, along with heavy drug abuse I was heading downhill... fast.
    Then on the 6th of the 6th 2006 (06-06-2006) The Lord spoke to me and touched my heart, life all began to make sense. I realised I had a purpose for being alive.
    God has picked me up from the filth that I used to live in and placed me on a rock. He has been so good to me, he guides me through the rough patches and points me in the right direction.
    Did yis ever struggle out of tescos with all your shopping bags, and wish someone would come along and help you carry your bags so that you wouldnt have to struggle??? Thats what the Lord has done for me (Metaphorically speaking) When I have burdens or problems I ask God to help me carry them, and lift the stress from my shoulders and he does.
    God has been sooo good... My family dont come to church with me yet but I KNOW one day that they will, I pray for their salvation everyday, and for my fathers release from the chains of Drug and alcohol abuse and I know that my Lord will set them free.
    Thank you Jesus
    x x x x
    :)

Hi,

would be grateful if people could pray that my cancer does not come back - at the moment I have a 25% chance of it coming back and if it does it will be terminal, it scares me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Cathy, am praying for you in Jesus' Name.
    From what you say there's a 75% chance the cancer won't come back. So be encouraged! We'll pray that 75% becomes 100%.
    PDN

PDN is right, Cathy! There is a 75% chance that you'll be cured :)

Keep positive and keep praying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

CathyMoran wrote:
    Hi,

would be grateful if people could pray that my cancer does not come back - at the moment I have a 25% chance of it coming back and if it does it will be terminal, it scares me.
    Hi Cathy, welcome back. You have achieved so much already, so no need to be scared. As PDN said there is a 75% chance that you'll be cured.
    You have the whole of Boards IE rooting for you.

CathyMoran, I'll be praying for you over the next while. I pray your chance of success gets cemented, and that you keep up your amazing spirit in the face of all this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Can you pray for my uncle who was just diagnosed with cancer of the liver. We will find out this evening if it is terminal. He has a wife and 4 children , the eldest is doing the leaving cert so things are especially hard for her. Just think of them in your prayers.

Cathy you are a very brave person and i'll be thinking of you in my prayers also.

Can you pray for my uncle who was just diagnosed with cancer of the liver. We will find out this evening if it is terminal. He has a wife and 4 children , the eldest is doing the leaving cert so things are especially hard for her. Just think of them in your prayers.

Cathy you are a very brave person and i'll be thinking of you in my prayers also.
    Will be praying for your uncle and thinking of him - please let us know how he gets on.

Mrs. MacGyver, I will be praying for your uncle and his family.

God bless

Mrs. MacGyver, I will be praying for your uncle and his family.

God bless

CathyMoran wrote:
    Hi,

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband, you have both been strong in the past and have shown great faith and are an inspiration to us all.

Peace and blessings

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭MeditationMom

All of you, or your friends, in this string, with cancer, I pray for your recoveries, and as much ease as is possible during your treatments. Never lose hope and know many here are thinking of you and pleading for you. Healing comes, always. In ways we may not expect.

Microgirl and Splendour - I send you my love and prayers, for your friends, Microgirl, and you, Splendour, as well. This must be harder than almost anything to bear.
    I am reminded of something, and without minimizing what you are going through, I thought we may all direct some prayers also to the grand-parents. I attended a lecture by Houston Smith who is a theologian who wrote "The Religions of the World" - a famous book. He said that he had always been convinced that the deepest pain was for a parent to lose a child - until his grand-daughter was murdered. His heart was not only breaking for his grand-daughter, but also to see his own daughter live with this pain of having lost her child, especially in that way. He felt his daughter had died a death herself. He said no religion in the world can take the pain away, only a surrender to "what is" we manage once in a while with the help of our trust in God and our religious teachings.

Never give up hope. 3% is 3% and our children will take advantage of this even when we don't want them to! Just yesterday, friends who came over told us that the husband of the couple was conceived inspite of four birth control methods used at the same time. It was kind of sad to listen to. Why his parents told him this is anyone's guess. Still, I bet that would have been far less than a 3% chance!!!

Also, no matter the hardship, never lose your trust in love. As I have heard said, suffering because we love is well worthwhile, a gift in heavy disguise and is a form of growing pain, while suffering for anything else, like money or fame, is a waste of one's life. To me children are the greatest teachers straight from God. Even a child that has passed away so early has come as a teacher of the only thing worth teaching - love and joy and peace. I pray that love, joy and peace will be with all the mothers who have had to let go of their children so early. From a purely spiritual perspective we also need to know that the love, joy and peace a child brings can be taken away and we are here to find the love, peace and joy that cannot be taken away. I pray for that, every day, for all of us.

In light of the seriousness of the other prayers here i feel a little embarrassed in asking.

Anyway, I'm starting a new job soon. I hope I have what it takes!

Prayers appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

CathyMoran wrote:
    Will be praying for your uncle and thinking of him - please let us know how he gets on.

He's going for chemo once a week (on Tuesdays as an outpatient) and he's now home. My mother's side of the family are doing St Gobnait's (St. Abbey's) 'rounds' for him and it seems to be working. Hopefully once the swelling goes down in his liver we will have an idea of his future. At least he's at home surrounded by those he loves. Thanks for all your prayers and kind wishes.

Gobnait is a famous saint in our gaeltacht at home in Muscrai
    See the link below
    http://www.matrifocus.com/IMB05/ireland-gobnait.htm

Advertisement