15-04-2021, 19:58   #4246
Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
Ooof thats a tough one, you've quite the nice collection there already.

AP Royal oak (plain, chrono, or dual time) would probably be just about in budget, but might not be your style.

Some interesting blancpain models well within that range (the flyback chronograph would be my own choice), and they're something a bit different from he ususal

If you didnt have an overseas already i would have said overseas chronograph.
Yeah have flirted with a 50 fathoms before and had a deal done on a vc overseas Chrono that fell through after I put a deposit down!
Advertisement
15-04-2021, 20:02   #4247
Fitz II
Vostock for Life

Cyrus. You have a mighty budget there. Would you think of a pre ceramic Daytona of push the boat out to a ceramic? I know you had daytonas before. The zenith is lovely and I think it does its own thing. but prices will soften. Sell the JLC and go ceramic daytona?

The sportiest of the Calatravas

https://www.watchfinder.ie/Patek%20P...b4a093b&rank=1
Thanks from:
15-04-2021, 20:06   #4248
Cyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz II View Post
Cyrus. You have a mighty budget there. Would you think of a pre ceramic Daytona of push the boat out to a ceramic? I know you had daytonas before. The zenith is lovely and I think it does its own thing. but prices will soften. Sell the JLC and go ceramic daytona?

The sportiest of the Calatravas

https://www.watchfinder.ie/Patek%20P...b4a093b&rank=1
I’m refusing to buy a Rolex at a premium so that rules most of them out for me , which is a pity as I’d like a ceramic to be honest I just don’t see the price holding longer term . Probably because I just above broke even on my 116520 in the past
(2) thanks from:
15-04-2021, 22:10   #4249
893bet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
I’m refusing to buy a Rolex at a premium so that rules most of them out for me , which is a pity as I’d like a ceramic to be honest I just don’t see the price holding longer term . Probably because I just above broke even on my 116520 in the past
I think it’s a rose gold Calatrava you are truely after. You have an itch there that won’t go away. But I think it would be a disappointment beside other watches in that price bracket (and even cheaper) ie a rose gold ALS in that bracket. You could buy second hand and have money left over from your budget easily.

My pick of the Calatrava is the 5296G. Comes in the rose gold 5296r as well.

Last edited by 893bet; 15-04-2021 at 22:21.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion