Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-11-2018, 13:04   #856
hinault

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackandGreen View Post
It's now late october and every night our water is still being turned off from after 8pm to around 6:30am. 
The pressure doesn't fully restore until about 7am. I'm lucky we have 2 showers in the house, because the electric shower doesn't work with the low water pressure, so I have to use the other one which takes water from the immersion. 
I'd be screwed in the morning otherwise. I wonder how many other families in my area aren't able to wash themselves before work because of it. 
I wonder at what stage the nearby reservoirs will return to normal levels or if this drought will continue well up to december, we haven't gotten much rain at all even in the last month. 
Scary to think what might happen if we don't get some, and this could happen next year too.
It would appear that since the end of the hot/heatwave we had during the summer, the rainfall deficit issue - at governmental/local authority levels - has become less of a priority.

The rainfall deficit that was there during the hot period remains because rainfall amounts since the end of the heatwave remain below replenishment thresholds.

The state authorities should be trying to encourage water harvesting, due to the continuing rainfall deficits, in my opinion
Thanks from:
Advertisement
01-11-2018, 13:18   #857
Supercell
Happy :)

Perhaps as summer is now long gone water useage has dropped significantly due to less people watering lawns, gardens etc? (even though they were not supposed to be doing it). Must admit I'm surprised at the lack of continuing coverage on this - every month since April has had below average rainfall here :

https://www.loughlinstown.ie/summary.html

Attached Images
File Type: png Loughlinstown_Rainfall.PNG (53.4 KB, 100 views)
(3) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion