Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
06-03-2016, 23:05   #1
mickmadoodle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 32
Tv with Freesat tuner built in

Hi folks,

I have a dish + ariel and would like to avoid getting a box if possible. Is there a tv available right now in Ireland where I can get a Saorview and Freesat tuner built in ?


thanks
mickmadoodle is offline  
Advertisement
07-03-2016, 08:12   #2
homer911
Registered User
 
homer911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Co. Dublin
Posts: 4,519
You will find some on Amazon (but they don't generally ship to Ireland), or Richer Sounds in Belfast. I have not seen any Irish seller of Freesat TVs. If you are just looking for a Saorview/Satellite TV, Powercity have a number of models to choose from
homer911 is offline  
07-03-2016, 08:19   #3
NIMAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Here.
Posts: 17,833
TVs with official Freesat tuners built in are very thin on the ground.
Appears that LG, Samsung, Panasonic are the only manufacturers currently.
http://www.freesat.co.uk/get-freesat/all-tvs

You will find manufacturers that have a satellite tuner built-in, likes of Sony, Walker. But these are FTA tuners, not Freesat, slight difference.
NIMAN is offline  
Thanks from:
07-03-2016, 15:28   #4
galtee boy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,155
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIMAN View Post
TVs with official Freesat tuners built in are very thin on the ground.
Appears that LG, Samsung, Panasonic are the only manufacturers currently.
http://www.freesat.co.uk/get-freesat/all-tvs

You will find manufacturers that have a satellite tuner built-in, likes of Sony, Walker. But these are FTA tuners, not Freesat, slight difference.
Not a slight difference , a big difference ! No 7 day EPG, no series link, if a channel changes transponders, it will need manual retune etc. Try Power City, I got a Samsung there last year, with Freesat built in.
galtee boy is offline  
Thanks from:
07-03-2016, 15:44   #5
homer911
Registered User
 
homer911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: South Co. Dublin
Posts: 4,519
Quote:
Originally Posted by galtee boy View Post
Try Power City, I got a Samsung there last year, with Freesat built in.

I was in Power City at the weekend enquiring, only generic FTA Satellite on their TVs.
homer911 is offline  
Advertisement
07-03-2016, 15:48   #6
Gerry Wicklow
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Nth Leinster
Posts: 2,847
Remember to set the country to UK for FreeSat to work if it is FreeSat compatible otherwise it will still only be FTA.
Gerry Wicklow is online now  
07-03-2016, 15:51   #7
galtee boy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,155
http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201323...px?swapstore=1

And they deliver to ROI.
galtee boy is offline  
07-03-2016, 17:35   #8
bored_stupid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 251
Sony android tv
http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-13-43X8305

If your paying big money try getting one with android installed future proof .
bored_stupid is offline  
07-03-2016, 21:49   #9
scart
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored_stupid View Post
Sony android tv
http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-13-43X8305

If your paying big money try getting one with android installed future proof .
The OP is seeking information on TV's with inbuilt freesat tuners.
This TV does not have a freesat tuner.
Sony no longer manufacture freesat TV's.

Maybe you could enlighten us as to what relevance your post has to this thread.
scart is offline  
Advertisement
08-03-2016, 00:17   #10
Round Cable
Registered User
 
Round Cable's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Dublin
Posts: 662
If you have a good budget, the Samsung JU7000 series UHD TVs have 2 Freesat tuners and 2 Saorview tuners. If you connect an external hard drive, you can watch one channel and record another.
Round Cable is offline  
08-03-2016, 05:40   #11
bored_stupid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 251
Quote:
Originally Posted by scart View Post
The OP is seeking information on TV's with inbuilt freesat tuners.
This TV does not have a freesat tuner.
Sony no longer manufacture freesat TV's.

Maybe you could enlighten us as to what relevance your post has to this thread.
Was posting as i have one of these tvs it has sat and soarview tuners and android
installed kodi jarvis on running the beast best build aslo can,t fault it .

Vu+ solo4k been used with this tele also .

Ps scart i can post were i like the just given the op another option
as for 7 day epg theres plenty of aps that can do also .
bored_stupid is offline  
10-03-2016, 17:49   #12
mackersdublin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dublin
Posts: 768
Cheapest Saorview / Freesat TV is this one
http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-12-32LF630
mackersdublin is offline  
10-03-2016, 17:57   #13
NIMAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Here.
Posts: 17,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackersdublin View Post
Cheapest Saorview / Freesat TV is this one
http://www.powercity.ie/?par=10-12-32LF630
Maybe I can't see it for looking, but no mention of a Freesat tuner on that TV
NIMAN is offline  
10-03-2016, 18:03   #14
mackersdublin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dublin
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIMAN View Post
Maybe I can't see it for looking, but no mention of a Freesat tuner on that TV
Have the TV myself and the model is listed on http://www.freesat.co.uk/get-freesat/all-tvs
mackersdublin is offline  
Thanks from:
10-03-2016, 18:21   #15
NIMAN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Here.
Posts: 17,833
Perhaps powercity aren't allowed to mention Freesat in their adverts? Since its a UK only service?
NIMAN is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet