Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

How to integrate Spc 4300 in Home Assistant

• 21-09-2020 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I am looking at integrating the spc4300 panel to Home Assistant using the lundix spc gateway. Has anyone tried this yet? I know that there is an spc integration file for HA but i am new to this and cant install it. What i actually wanted to do was get this working for homekit or alexa but one step at a time. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭fergalom

Maximo23 wrote: »
    I am looking at integrating the spc4300 panel to Home Assistant using the lundix spc gateway. Has anyone tried this yet? I know that there is an spc integration file for HA but i am new to this and cant install it. What i actually wanted to do was get this working for homekit or alexa but one step at a time. Thanks.

Might be able to help, am familiar with the gateway.
    What way is your setup organised?
    HA and spc gateway on same machine?
    Maybe expand on what you mean by "cant install it"

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Maximo23

Hi fergalom. I installed spc gateway and HA on same raspberry. Got both working. I see my sensors and alarm in the entities list and can add them to the HA dashboard but it is not syncing: if i open the door the door entity does not update. Am i missing something thanks.

Just to clarify all i need to do to install the spc integration is to add the following code in HA configuration file:

spc:

api_url: http://127.0.0.1:8089

ws_url: ws://127.0.0.1:8089/ws/spc

Probably in the config files.

Have the same in configuration.yaml
    #Vanderbilt SPC
    spc:
      api_url: http://192.168.1.4:8088
      ws_url: ws://192.168.1.4:8088

Then the config.xml for the gateway for comparision is:
    <config>
       <enable_get_auth>no</enable_get_auth>
       <enable_put_auth>no</enable_put_auth>
       <enable_ws_auth>no</enable_ws_auth>
       <enable_edp_encryption>yes</enable_edp_encryption>
       <enable_ssl_encryption>no</enable_ssl_encryption>
       <access_control_list>-0.0.0.0/0,+192.168.1.0/24,+172.19.0.0/24</access_control_list>
       <http_port>8088</http_port>
       <tcp_port>16000</tcp_port>
       <spc_id>1000</spc_id>
       <gateway_id>1100</gateway_id>
       <spc_time_diff>0</spc_time_diff>
       <spc_dst>yes</spc_dst>
    </config>

Solved the problem with syncing between gateway and HA. Needed to log out of Full Engineering mode, one of many tips from Goran. And this was the easy part.. Want to port this to komekit maybe using the homebridge in HA....

• Advertisement

In HA the sensor type come up wrong like window contacts as motion , motion sensors as opening instead motion. Is it possible to reconfigure these? I tried changing their state attributes in developer tools but as soon as the sensor is inhibited they go back to original state.

Maximo23 wrote: »
    In HA the sensor type come up wrong like window contacts as motion , motion sensors as opening instead motion. Is it possible to reconfigure these? I tried changing their state attributes in developer tools but as soon as the sensor is inhibited they go back to original state.

Yes, you can change the device class of binary sensors, example below and also see https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/binary_sensor/:
    binary_sensor.front_door:
      hidden: false
      friendly_name: Front Door
      device_class: door
      icon: mdi:door
    binary_sensor.dn_windows_f:
      friendly_name: Windows Front
      icon: mdi:window-maximize
      device_class: window
    binary_sensor.kitchen_pir:
      friendly_name: Kitchen PIR
      device_class: motion
    binary_sensor.pir_front_door:
      friendly_name: Hall PIR
    binary_sensor.up_win_inertia:
      friendly_name: Windows Upstairs
      icon: mdi:window-maximize
      device_class: vibration

Yeas just figured it after googling 100’s pages😂😂
    Edit the configuration.yaml file and add:

homeassistant:
    # other stuff may be here
    customize: !include customize.yaml

And then in the customize.yaml file add the entity name and the state attributes to configure like:

binary_sensor.back_window:
    device_class: window

binary_sensor.hall_pir:

etc.

Ok got the spc alarm working in Homekit.
    Need to install the HomeKit Bridge integration and include binary_sensor and alarm_control_panel in domains options. Pair homekit using the homekit setup barcode in notifications HA. At this point homekit will install all the sensors, motions and alarm panel. You can ask siri to turn on the alarm or check if the windows are closed , etc. And works with 4g or external wifi.
    I am using the Apple TV 4 as homekit hub.
    Update 1: i was having problems with homekit, the HA devices on homekit giving No Response Error. I think i found the solution but want to give it a few days to see if all is working properly. It has to do with your broadband router. You need to open the following ports in port forwarding because of the firewall: UDP - 5353 and Tcp - 51827.
    My virgin hub 3 was using the ipv6 protocol which didnt allow porting so Virgin Media updated online the ipv4 protocol for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭freddy99

Thank you so much for this thread.

I have HomeKit set up using a Raspberry Pi with Homebridge.

I would love to integrate my SPC alarm with HomeKit. Is it possible by using a second Raspberry Pi with SPC gateway, or do I need to go down the Home Assistant route and go from there to Homebridge? I don’t have any experience with HA yet.

I’d be very grateful for any information. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement