Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for an alternative to Phonewatch please help.

Options
  • 17-09-2020 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello there, I have been with PW roughly 7 years. I don't have their new system of cameras etc.
    I did some research online and read about Securigard Switch letting you keep your old alarm but they said they don't do that anymore.
    So I have emailed a crowd called Feales to see if they're able to do that.
    I would like to keep the appearance of using PW.
    Maybe it's the wrong way to go about it.
    Then I was reading about self monitoring your PW alarm and ending the "service" they provide. Would I just need an electrician to do that?
    Or does PW expect their alarms back when their contracts have been terminated?
    I live in a council house in Balbriggan and feel that I need protection.
    I haven't signed any contracts with PW in years so they should let me go with relative ease.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭kub

The big question here is, according to your original agreement with PW, do you legally own the equipment they installed in your home or do they ?

As regards getting an electrician to work on your alarm, then make sure they have a PSA license, otherwise they would be committing an offence and so would you by employing them to work on a security system.

Advertisement