Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Under 5.0M Bargain Thread

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Look like Brewster is on his way to Sheff Utd in a £20m+ permanent deal. I reckon he will see plenty of game time for that kind of fee. IS he being signed to be their main man? He is certainly their best goalscorer.

Any guesses what Sheff United's pecking order in regards to their forwards?

1. Brewster
    2. McBurnie
    3. McGoldrick
    4. Mousset
    5. Sharp

Not sure where Burke fits into that list, somewhere in the middle maybe

I think it's a toss up.

My guess

1. Brewster
    2/3: McGoldrick/Burke.
    4. McBurnie
    5. Sharp
    6. Mousett

More hopeful than anything about Burke but he's was left in pitch agead of McGoldrick in 1 game.

I also remembered Robinson was hailed as their club record signing last summer so thought theyd have a lot of that value now tied up in Burke, having swapped Robinson for Burke.
    A quick Google returned a transfer fee of believed to be around 7 million or undisclosed for Robinson.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Think its McGoldrick plus another, currently Burke so Brewster will be against him for a spot. McBurnie is backup for McGoldrick then and Sharp will be back up everyone then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Brewster surely is being signed to be their main striker. Club record transfer fee I can see him going straight in after 1 or 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Look like Brewster is on his way to Sheff Utd in a £20m+ permanent deal. I reckon he will see plenty of game time for that kind of fee.
    Shanee. wrote: »
    Brewster surely is being signed to be their main striker. Club record transfer fee I can see him going straight in after 1 or 2 weeks

McBurnie was a similar fee when bought and hasn't quite worked out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Ace2007 wrote:

Yeah was just going to say the same. He's still very young and unproven at this level. He'll be eased in to see how he does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Ace2007 wrote: »

I would say Brewster would have a far higher potential ceiling than McBurnie. Brewster had a good second half to last season with Swansea and also scored in pre season for Liverpool. He will do well IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I need Brewester to be switched to Sheff UTD so i can add another Liverpool player to my wildcard team :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Yeah was just going to say the same. He's still very young and unproven at this level. He'll be eased in to see how he does

I disagree, I'd expect him to start vs Fulham. They have Burke starting upfront at the moment who is a championship level striker at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I disagree, I'd expect him to start vs Fulham. They have Burke starting upfront at the moment who is a championship level striker at best.

Captain option?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

2nd start in a row for Amartey of Leicester now. 4m defender. Seems to be part of a back 3 alongside Evans and Soyunco.
    Will continue to monitor. Not sure if they will keep that formation long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I have had Brewster since the start of the season anticipating a move.

I now think he is really taking up a vital space in the squad. Really good value with FWDs this season and it shouldn’t be a place to make savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

2nd start in a row for Amartey of Leicester now. 4m defender. Seems to be part of a back 3 alongside Evans and Soyunco.
    Will continue to monitor. Not sure if they will keep that formation long term.

got subbed at half time
    ShagNastii wrote: »
    I have had Brewster since the start of the season anticipating a move.

I now think he is really taking up a vital space in the squad. Really good value with FWDs this season and it shouldn’t be a place to make savings.

yea the likes of Maupay at 6.5m really showing value.

A lot of folk raving about Brewster but unless your going to be playing him each week, it's a waste of a spot, and most likely will not be returning high in the Sheffield team that lack service.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

got subbed at half time

Well he got subbed for an attacking player after 55 minutes, as his team were 2-0 down and chasing the game. But ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Kilman 4.0m defender started for a Wolves and kept a clean sheet.

patmac wrote: »
    Kilman 4.0m defender started for a Wolves and kept a clean sheet.

The left wing back Marcal is injured so Sais moved to left wing back today. I'd be surprised if Kilman would be playing when Marcal is back.

got subbed at half time

yea the likes of Maupay at 6.5m really showing value.

A lot of folk raving about Brewster but unless your going to be playing him each week, it's a waste of a spot, and most likely will not be returning high in the Sheffield team that lack service.

You could rotate him with someone soucek or even Lamptey. It would leave you lots of money elsewhere. I'll be starting him vs Fulham.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Bielsa says Struijk (4m Def) will be replacing Phillips, who is out for up to 6 weeks, in their next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

dsmythy wrote: »
    Bielsa says Struijk (4m Def) will be replacing Phillips, who is out for up to 6 weeks, in their next game.

Given the yellow card and rash tackling, don’t know if struijk will keep that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Given the yellow card and rash tackling, don’t know if struijk will keep that position.

He was enthusiastic I'll give him that...

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    He was enthusiastic I'll give him that...

result of his performance aside, still a great shout so thanks for putting it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Riedelwald Palace mid scored today played 2 in a row probably for McCarthy. 4.4m.

Advertisement