Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General Chat 2020/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,660 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Thanks, that's what's what I'm currently on. Liverpool's attack haven't been firing and I've already got Bruno, Salah & Shaw starting so I think Jota on the bench is the right call for me.

Jota should have hat a hattrick v Newcastle but for bad finishing. Liverpool had 22 shots, 9 of which were on target, little harsh to say they aren't firing. If I had Jota, I would be starting him, United have conceded in 3 of last 4 games.

Are you starting Shaw for his attacker abilities, because if your playing Salah its cause you think he'll score?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know of a site where you can see what points various grouping are on, like to find out the points needed to get into the top 1k, top 10k, etc?

Also the ICT index on the FPL site, the stat for each player refers to the entire season thus far, eg Grealish is still pretty high on the index despite not playing for almost two months now. Is there anywhere to get that ICT stat but only based off perhaps the last 5 or 10 games? If not is there any other way using stats somewhere of spotting players who are beginning a good streak of form that hasnt necessarily translated to assiste/goals yet but might do given more time. The ICT would be handy for that if it was based over just the previous 5 games but its across the whole season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know of a site where you can see what points various grouping are on, like to find out the points needed to get into the top 1k, top 10k, etc?

Also the ICT index on the FPL site, the stat for each player refers to the entire season thus far, eg Grealish is still pretty high on the index despite not playing for almost two months now. Is there anywhere to get that ICT stat but only based off perhaps the last 5 or 10 games? If not is there any other way using stats somewhere of spotting players who are beginning a good streak of form that hasnt necessarily translated to assiste/goals yet but might do given more time. The ICT would be handy for that if it was based over just the previous 5 games but its across the whole season

livefpl.net gives you the breakdown of how many points you are ahead / behind all the landmark ranks.

Muahahaha wrote: »

You can filter on "Form" which is points over the last 30 days,

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

Seems to be talk of United Liverpool on Monday May 17th which is GW 36. Don't know if it's true but is at odds with what has been said before.

• Advertisement

Markx wrote: »
    Seems to be talk of United Liverpool on Monday May 17th which is GW 36. Don't know if it's true but is at odds with what has been said before.

Do we know for definite that it will be GW36 regardless of the day?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Do we know for definite that it will be GW36 regardless of the day?

No idea really...just rumours but worth being aware that it being in 35 is not a lock like it seemed to be.

But that Monday could only be 36

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Would mean liverpool West Brom on the Friday the 14th. They would then probably switch City v Newcastle to the TV slot on the Sunday that West Brom Liverpool had. Play Liverpool v Utd on the Monday currently no game on that day so TV would be happy. Harsh on Liverpool having to play Friday, Mon, Thursday and Sunday if true.

No idea really...just rumours but worth being aware that it being in 35 is not a lock like it seemed to be.

But that Monday could only be 36

I don't think anyone sees the United/Pool game in 35, they think Pool/West Brom will be pushed back to 35, and United/Pool take that slot in 36 as United previously had a blank.

Would mean liverpool West Brom on the Friday the 14th. They would then probably switch City v Newcastle to the TV slot on the Sunday that West Brom Liverpool had. Play Liverpool v Utd on the Monday currently no game on that day so TV would be happy. Harsh on Liverpool having to play Friday, Mon, Thursday and Sunday if true.

ah So maybe the pool double would be in 36 instead of 35?

Knowing the PL they'll announce it at 18:35 on Friday.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    I don't think anyone sees the United/Pool game in 35, they think Pool/West Brom will be pushed back to 35, and United/Pool take that slot in 36 as United previously had a blank.

Yeah sorry, I was thinking purely in FPL terms with my 35 FH hat on haha. I meant it would not impact 35 with an extra game as was expected. Yeah no chance the game itself is 35.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

That would mean LFC play on 14th, 17TH, 20th & 23rd. So unfair really and hard to see them agreeing to it. Mind you they might have no choice. Rumours are coming form a post RedCafe so worth remembering

So based on the above, the risk is that Liverpool's DGW would be in GW36 instead of GW35. If we didn't know that before the deadline, that would be a right pain in terms of captain choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Can’t see it being the 17th. Fans are allowed back in the stadiums that day, so no way they want fans in OT!

Thursday 13th at 6pm for the WBA game and Sunday 16th for the Man U game is my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,105 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

That would mean LFC play on 14th, 17TH, 20th & 23rd. So unfair really and hard to see them agreeing to it. Mind you they might have no choice. Rumours are coming form a post RedCafe so worth remembering
    Benimar wrote: »
    Can’t see it being the 17th. Fans are allowed back in the stadiums that day, so no way they want fans in OT!

Thursday 13th at 6pm for the WBA game and Sunday 16th for the Man U game is my guess.

I'm aware that it is very tricky because of the reduced number of available slots but Liverpool shouldn't really accept both of those scenarios to be fair.

They are still challenging for top 4 and they were going into the game at OT with a week's break while Man Utd played their first team on Thursday night, giving only 2.5 days break. At the end of a long congested season, that freshness is a big advantage.

To flip that around and instead give Man United the extra days rest before the game is a double punishment for Liverpool in a way, with the freshness advantage given to Man United instead.

That scenario with games on the 14th, 17th, 20th & 23rd should be rejected straight away IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Benimar wrote: »

Yeah they can bring the WBA game forware to the Wed/Thurs at 6pm and then we've regular breaks for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 20,519 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Fitz* wrote: »
    I'm aware that it is very tricky because of the reduced number of available slots but Liverpool shouldn't really accept both of those scenarios to be fair.

They are still challenging for top 4 and they were going into the game at OT with a week's break while Man Utd played their first team on Thursday night, giving only 2.5 days break. At the end of a long congested season, that freshness is a big advantage.

To flip that around and instead give Man United the extra days rest before the game is a double punishment for Liverpool in a way, with the freshness advantage given to Man United instead.

That scenario with games on the 14th, 17th, 20th & 23rd should be rejected straight away IMO.

If Liverpool are made to play United on that date ,
    Liverpool fans should stage there own protest against there owners on that day so they can get the game moved with no repercussions like United have ,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

United with a Triple gw!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Has there ever been a triple before? I've been playing 10 years and I don't remember one

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Has there ever been a triple before? I've been playing 10 years and I don't remember one

I think I heard something about Middlesbrough having one back in the mid noughties when they were involved in the UEFA Cup but I don’t know if it’s true since I wasn’t playing back then.

EDIT: Found it!

https://twitter.com/fplgeneral/status/1089997145044848643?s=21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Seem to recall Arsenal may have had one when it was cyki. Think Freddie ran riot. That's way back.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I think I heard something about Middlesbrough having one back in the mid noughties when they were involved in the UEFA Cup but I don’t know if it’s true since I wasn’t playing back then.

EDIT: Found it!

https://twitter.com/fplgeneral/status/1089997145044848643?s=21

Think Birmingham had one in 2010/11 as well. I started playing the year before but don't remember it. Do remember Barry Ferguson being a 4.5 midfield hero though, he used to hoover up the bonus!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,218 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Meant to click Henderson and clicked De Gea by mistake (name recognition) and just after I hit confirm said 'Wrong one!'

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Now that all the relegation spots have been filled, there will be a lot of games with nothing much riding on them. I can imagine quite a lot of teams being mentally on their holidays from here on out. Might be a few crazy scorelines on the way.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Mané, TAA, Son, DCL, Richarlison

Pick one for captain

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

manual_man wrote: »

Pick one for captain

TAA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

manual_man wrote: »

Pick one for captain

DCL out of that lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I'm so so tempted to sell Bruno for Son but everyone pretty much has him and they have Fulham next up.

I dunno what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭onrail

I'm so so tempted to sell Bruno for Son but everyone pretty much has him and they have Fulham next up.

I dunno what to do.

I'm planning to do the same, then probably reverse next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Scott Carson starts for Cory tonight, 10 years since his last FPL points. Has anyone gone longer than that?

Advertisement