Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2020 the battle of the septuagenarians - Trump vs Biden, Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,233 ✭✭✭Cody montana

The time for change is now.

It must be exhausting for regular Americans to have Trump as their leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,626 ✭✭✭eire4

duploelabs wrote: »
    I'm sure you did, however a coronation pertains to a monarchy which definitely isn't the form of government in the US, despite what trump tries to make it out as

Sadly it is not a democracy either and is slipping ever further towards being an authoritarian state currently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

The time for change is now.

It must be exhausting for regular Americans to have Trump as their leader.

Millions of regular Americans voted for Trump and will vote for him again

• Registered Users Posts: 40,126 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

and even more millions didnt vote for him. this time even less will vote for him.

and even more millions didnt vote for him. this time even less will vote for him.

Most definitely.

That other posters comment was offensive.

• Advertisement

More voted for Hillary.

More voted for Hillary.

She didn't win. Let it go

• Registered Users Posts: 11,130 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Most definitely.

So it took you 8 pages to complain about a comment being offensive, there's procedures to follow if you do, not to do what you just did

So it took you 8 pages to complain about a comment being offensive, there's procedures to follow if you do, not to do what you just did

No thanks. No need to try and moderate the situation

• Registered Users Posts: 40,126 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Most definitely.

i have no idea what post you found offensive.

• Advertisement

She didn't win. Let it go

Really?
    Thanks for letting me know, I had no idea.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

No thanks. No need to try and moderate the situation

Lets move on please

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

"Stinky" must be following the pattern of certain posters here. Post a sporadic nonsense post with zero facts and when it's refuted, they disappear until the next time. Rinse and repeat. Yawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

Trump is holding a briefing. The imbecile is mispronouncing his way through a script.

He's clearly been told to stick to the script the last week or so, head down donald.

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ollkiller

The point is it took me literally 1 second in my head to think of another time Trump publicly wished someone good luck who had been arrested, yet it was strangely forgotten by the "@CNN Legal Analyst". Ye're not that slow lads, definitely very disingenuous though.

When reporters ask him publicly about people in trouble, more than often he repeats the same phrase. He did the same for Rob Porter, Kim Jong Un, Stephen K. Bannon, Rex Tillerson, John Bolton, Jeff Sessions, Jim Mattis and Madeleine Westerhout - dozens of others.

At least the Washington post isn't yet out and out as politically bent as CNN is. Stick to the conspiracy theories lads, worked out well with the Russia collusion garbage.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/07/23/who-does-trump-wish-well-plenty-people-including-an-accused-spouse-abuser-brutal-dictator-now-ghislaine-maxwell/

"Why on Earth would a president do that? Some conspiracy theories wagered that Trump didn’t want Maxwell to say much about his relationship with Epstein. Trump has repeatedly expressed sympathy for and/or solidarity with allies who have been charged with crimes and credited those who declined to “flip” on him. But in those cases, it was much more evident what information those closely affiliated with Trump might provide about him, especially with regard to the Russia investigation.

The more apparent and less speculative conclusion is that this is just a Trumpian stock phrase, and he doesn’t seem to have a filter for when its use is appropriate."

I couldn't give a flying fiddlers if he said it a million times before. Maybe it's me who's wrong but when you're asked to send a message to someone who is charged with trafficking minors for sex the last thing I would say is "I wish them well". Btw that's children. Being recruited. For paedophiles.

eeepaulo wrote: »
    Trump is holding a briefing. The imbecile is mispronouncing his way through a script.

He's clearly been told to stick to the script the last week or so, head down donald.

If you think Trump cant read or pronounce words wait until you see the next guy

If you think Trump cant read or pronounce words wait until you see the next guy

Biden has a stammer and still speaks better than Trump. Says it all really.

Biden has a stammer and still speaks better than Trump. Says it all really.

Nothing wrong with a stammer. That's not what I'm referring to.
    Will you be voting yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

If you believe the idiot in charge we all will, i've printed off my 10 ballots, cretin (trump).

No but I trust that the sane Americans over there will save us all from another 4 years of the Trump circus.

• Advertisement

No but I trust that the sane Americans over there will save us all from another 4 years of the Trump circus.

There are millions not just in the Us but around the world who think differently to you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

The more apparent and less speculative conclusion is that this is just a Trumpian stock phrase, and he doesn’t seem to have a filter for when its use is appropriate."

So, you are saying the obvious reason is that Trump is a moron, basically father Jack and this is his ecumenical matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

There are millions not just in the Us but around the world who think differently to you

There is indeed, I'm amazed how many people he has fooled, including some irish folks

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    There is indeed, I'm amazed how many people he has fooled, including some irish folks

In your opinion of course. Does your opinion hold weight with millions of people though? Unlikely

You like me are an anonymous internet forum user in Ireland. We are both irrelevant my friend

• Registered Users Posts: 13,537 ✭✭✭✭briany

ollkiller wrote: »
    I couldn't give a flying fiddlers if he said it a million times before. Maybe it's me who's wrong but when you're asked to send a message to someone who is charged with trafficking minors for sex the last thing I would say is "I wish them well". Btw that's children. Being recruited. For paedophiles.

He's claimed he hasn't really been following the story. That's the context he'll give as that quote does the rounds, and cite it as yet another attempt by the mainstream media to make him look bad. Personally, I find his claim a little hard to believe.

1. It's been reported by various WH aides that he's a TV news addict. The story has been widely reported by various news outlets, including Fox.

2. It would have been trending on Twitter. He's also a Twitter addict.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

In your opinion of course. Does your opinion hold weight with millions of people though? Unlikely

My opinion is worth billions, I'm even more narcissistic than trump

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    My opinion is worth billions, I'm even more narcissistic than trump

I'd buy that for a dollar

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ollkiller wrote: »

Conversely it could be what you would say when seeking re-election and knowing that someone under arrest has very damaging information on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Gods Gift wrote: »
    Person. Woman. Man. Camera. Tv.

I've just seen that for the first time and honestly not sure what to say. There's literally no words.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I've just seen that for the first time and honestly not sure what to say. There's literally no words.

The funniest thing is that on Friday, I looked at a similar test to the one Trump took. Even now, I remember the 5 words from mine; Face, Velvet, Church, Daisy, Red.

Trump in that interview didn't even have to remember the 5 words from his actual test, he just had to say 5 different words. And the words he could think of, were "Person, Woman, Man, Camera, TV". Three of those words are associated with each other, and then he must have realised that and switched to different words, which are also associated with each other.

He couldn't even think of five different words. Again, didn't even have to be the ones from his actual test, just five different words. And his first three were Person.... Woman.... Man....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement