Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Finding out what was used to make a video

• 12-06-2020 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is there any way that I can tell what camera was used to make a video that I can see online?

This is the info I can see and it seems to be an MP4 file.

It say this info when I download and press command I on my mac. I would like to be able to try make a similar video myself but have no way of contacting the person who made the video I want to recreate.

Does any of this info mean anything ?

Format: H264, 1280 x 720
    AAC, 44100 Hz, Stereo (L R)
    FPS: 25
    Data Size: 30 MB
    Data RAte: 2.28Mbit/s
    Actual Size: 1280 x 720 ( Actual )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

You can't get the camera details off this, best link the video to people can see.

IF a YouTUbe video

OP, *try* this. Right Click the video, and you will be presented with a long list: see if this list includes "Stats for Nerds"

you just may get the info you want.

more a shot in the dark than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 957 ✭✭✭80j2lc5y7u6qs9

frillyleaf wrote: »
    Hi,

Is there any way that I can tell what camera was used to make a video that I can see online?

This is the info I can see and it seems to be an MP4 file.

It say this info when I download and press command I on my mac. I would like to be able to try make a similar video myself but have no way of contacting the person who made the video I want to recreate.

Does any of this info mean anything ?

Format: H264, 1280 x 720
    AAC, 44100 Hz, Stereo (L R)
    FPS: 25
    Data Size: 30 MB
    Data RAte: 2.28Mbit/s
    Actual Size: 1280 x 720 ( Actual )

They are just the codecs/ frame rate/sound file etc. Can you link the video or say what it is about it you want to recreate

Advertisement