Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Software for a complete beginner

• 24-05-2020 8:50am

Hopefully this is the correct forum to ask this.

I want to do some videos, both personal and for work, ideally on an iPad Pro. Mainly putting clips together. I’ve used iMovie and found it handy enough but fairly limited in what you can do. After some searches I’ve found Lumafusion pop up a good few times but one thing people always seem to say is that it’s extremely complicated to get to grips with. Would this still be the best one to go for and persevering with (price isn’t too prohibitive) or can anyone recommend anything in between for features/complexity?

Alternatively, I’m not set in stone on the iPad and do have a decent Windows machine (good specs and graphics, no touch input) so if there’s anything better suited on there I’d be interested in suggestions too. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Johnny pesco

You could try openshot video editor, its quite good and free to download.

You could try openshot video editor, its quite good and free to download.

Sound thanks. Is that on iOS?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Johnny pesco

Sound thanks. Is that on iOS?

I think it's Mac or Windows only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Fionn

Heres some more free, some cheap ones and some expensive ones.

:)

Free
    DaVinci Resolve 16
    Lightworks
    Fastcut from Magix.com (free I think)

Inexpensive
    VEGAS Movie Studio
    Premiere Elements 2020

Expensive
    Adobe Premiere Pro (costs about €300 a year)
    Avid Media Composer
    Final Cut Pro
    MAGIX Video Pro X

Advertisement