Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cuan Mhuire question

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭prishtinaboy99

Yeh it is funny how things can work for one person but not another. My bf felt he was more committed to going in if he rang at the same time every day it felt like one step closer to getting in and he was desperate to go because he was so weary of feeling so sick and miserable. But others it might feel different.

In the end when people hit this so called bottom they are sick and miserable of the Drink, hangovers, failures relapses whatever. They are the lucky ones who get help as many don’t and Drink themselves to death unfortunately. The treatment is fairly standard but at least there is solution to the hopeless situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

I've to go back to St Pats for a short stay after a relapse but thinking of a longer term facility.

Anyone have any recent experiences with Cuain Mhuire?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Happylife89

Hey, you're right in what your worried about the vast majority of people there are from as you said bad backgrounds,homelessness and criminality myself included but that doesn't mean there dangerous once someone has detoxed and back to there normal selfs in my experience there completely different people but you have people form all walks of life so i wouldn't be worrying about your safety etc the staff are very quick to remove people who break the rules they have zero tolerance especially for voilance etc, I was in athy in 2018 and its hard but its the best thing iv ever done it completely changed my life, if your thinking about it anuff to post a question about it you should definitely go to rehab.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 sean2591

Wondering if the OP went in the end and how they got on?

Am waiting to go here myself due to my own issues with alcohol. In my situation the private places aren't an option. I am not really religious but am sure that I can deal with it and I know having a proper routine would be good for me.

Hard tofind out exactly what to expect but have some great info here. Just wondering if anybody has any more erecent experience since Covid?

That was a great account of what it was like, You covered so much of what I was wondering about.

I have a few other questions that people here might be able to answer -

Do you have your own room/shared room/dorm? With r=the early start is there a set time you need to be in bed by or is it that strict?

What type of jobs do you get to do during the day like was mentioned as well as the therapy/counselling?

Apart from the gym is there othjer stuff to do in evening - like TV? I know you can't have your phone/laptop.

I don't really mind how it workd as going there for abigger reason but just would like to know what to expect.

Is it mainly men and some women there and does everybody mix together?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

PMed you with a lot more info - check your inbox.👍👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 steviied93

Heading in today , looking forward to finally getting help and being sober , it’s been a long 3 week wait at home it ain’t easy waiting around feeling hopeless every day ringing and ringing and not getting anywhere, but I got my place and gonna really try my best to keep my head focused I’m not religious at all quite the opposite doesn’t bother me with the mass and stuff but we’ll see after a few days , I’ll make a good post when I’ve done my 12 weeks and inform the forum on my experience I’m not doing this again so here’s my best try , good luck and fair play to everyone who did attend and who’s thinking about it it’s a tough world

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Fagan321

Hoping to go in after Christmas could u send me on that as well

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭galwaygirl08

deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 4 john4135

Any more updates there pal 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 4 john4135

Any info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

What is the cost of going to cuan mhuire for drug addiction if ones income is social welfare? My brother has been addicted to weed for 30 years and has expressed an interest in getting clean, recognising he needs professional rehab help.

Free Palestine from Hamas

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭MikeCairo78

When I was there it was 150 a week. This is the charge whether on social welfare or not(I wasn't, but had to take a lot of time off work). Your brother has to do the legwork here - he must contact the centre and begin the process himself. It is not an easy three month, but by f88k was it worth it for me

Thanks for the info. I hope he follows through.

I rang for info yesterday and the chap in the phone said that my Brother would have to have a clean urine sample before he would be taken in. I’m no expert, but isn’t the point of a detox programme to get clean? He can’t do it without professional help.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭MikeCairo78

Sounds like he would be getting put into the 5 month programme(Drugs as opposed to alcohol). TBH your brother is at nothing if you are going to be doing the run around for him - re the urine - it is normal to be clear for a couple of days - 72 hours or something like that - it shows a modicum of commitment to a programme. But as I say he needs to make contact and he needs to have the conversations.

Yeah, it would be 5 months. I rang ahead to get the info for myself, because he is terrible at retaining info. I know it's up to him at the end of the day.

Advertisement