Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpopular Opinions - OP Updated with Threadban List 4/5/21

Comments

• Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Horsesh1t

*Inspects thread title again*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

*Inspects thread title again*

Doesn't explain you're horsesh1t post

• Mad_maxx wrote: »

No medal for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

phutyle wrote: »
    We should dispose of the moronic fiction that we're a neutral country and recognise that our "neutrality" was merely a childish expression of anti-British petulance at the beginning of our independence.

Anyone who is anyway informed knows it's a sham.
    Useful way to stay out of foreign wars on one hand but still keep "special relationships".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mad_maxx wrote: »

I explained it a few posts back, in simple terms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

I think most travellers are grand

It's the 99% that give the 1% a bad name.

No medal for you.

I don't accept medals from deluded liberals

I explained it a few posts back, in simple terms.

No you parroted the aprooved PC line of official Ireland which has no basis in reality but which is essential to progress in politics or media

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Oreos are sh*t

Nando's is just ok.

Cats are better than dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭quokula

Omackeral wrote: »

Cats are better than dogs.

That's a fact not an opinion.

• Advertisement

No you parroted the aprooved PC line of official Ireland which has no basis in reality but which is essential to progress in politics or media

Oh for Jesus sake. Do try to keep up.
    What you posted isn't an unpopular opinion. It's an extremely popular opinion.
    That's what Bertie was getting at.
    I suspect he holds the same prejudicial discrimination against travelers as you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Bigbagofcans

biko wrote: »
    My unpopular opinion 2 - it should be perfectly fine to point out spelling errors to people on internet forums.
    If you don't tell people what is wrong, how do you suppose they learn?

It's often the people with atrocious spelling and grammar who start threads too.

Are we taught enough about spelling/grammar in school, or did people just not pay attention? :confused:

Oh for Jesus sake. Do try to keep up.
    What you posted isn't an unpopular opinion. It's an extremely popular opinion.
    That's what Bertie was getting at.
    I suspect he holds the same prejudicial discrimination against travelers as you do.

Travellers are not descriminated against unless discrimination now means being immune from the laws which apply to the general population in various ways

biko wrote: »
    My unpopular opinion 2 - it should be perfectly fine to point out spelling errors to people on internet forums.
    If you don't tell people what is wrong, how do you suppose they learn?

What makes you think it's your responsibility to point out what's wrong and educate others?

Travellers are not descriminated against unless discrimination now means being immune from the laws which apply to the general population in various ways

And your discriminatory view is a very popular one.
    You do realise that this thread is called "unpopular opinions"?
    What are you finding difficult to understand about that?
    That's what Bertie was alluding to.
    Do you still really not understand?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Boards should oblige people to post under their real name. You can close your account if you want, but you can't open any more.

It would cut down on 90% of the eejitry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Boards should oblige people to post under their real name. You can close your account if you want, but you can't open any more.

good idea. i doubt any of the degenerates would be brave enough to stand by their opinions in public with their name attached then, like "oreos are ****"
    pffff

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

bluewolf wrote: »
    good idea. i doubt any of the degenerates would be brave enough to stand by their opinions in public with their name attached then, like "oreos are ****"
    pffff

Pricks like the arsehole above calling people degenerates cause they dont agree with him getting called out on it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,630 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Lead by example. Unless that's your real name.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

bluewolf wrote: »
    pffff

Hold the phone... Oroes are crap. Over-rated pieces of gick. They get far too much love. If I ever do a biscuit tournament, they're gone in the preliminary rounds.

PS- this is my real name.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Omackeral wrote: »
    Hold the phone... Oroes are crap. Over-rated pieces of gick. They get far too much love. If I ever do a biscuit tournament, they're gone in the preliminary rounds.

PS- this is my real name.

:D:D:D

you should do a biscuit one at some stage, they're great ideas for threads. you can cause controversy including or excluding jaffa cakes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Cyclepath wrote: »
    A man should not be forced to take on financial or other responsibility for supporting a baby he doesn't want, for example an unplanned pregnancy, one night stand with no protection etc.

To clarify, I am pro-choice, but a prospective mother has the right to abort a foetus without recourse to the potential father, so I think it's only fair that the man should have a choice too.

Exactly, and you'll notice the pro choice women are usually demanding the man pays..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 36,787 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Cats are superior to dogs and many people.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭Cordell

Whiskey in a Jar - Metallica's version is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    It's not business. Business is regulated and they pay tax. This is simply ripping people off. Plus people get ripped off twice if the concert is cancelled and the money is refunded to the person who initially bought the ticket.

dont get me wrong its not without issue. there are cowboys in all industries.
    that industry should be legal and tax compliant.
    but buying and selling tickets should not be ilegal . what they sell them for is not relivent once the customer agrees to it.
    i doubt anyone has ever been ripped off if they got a valid and genuine ticket for the event for the price they agreed to pay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

LirW wrote: »
    Potatoes are overrated.

Genuine unpopular comment. No likes but the guy who asked you to take it back got plenty.

Kudos.

dont get me wrong its not without issue. there are cowboys in all industries.
    that industry should be legal and tax compliant.
    but buying and selling tickets should not be ilegal . what they sell them for is not relivent once the customer agrees to it.
    i doubt anyone has ever been ripped off if they got a valid and genuine ticket for the event for the price they agreed to pay

It’s not regulated because it’s illegal.

What a funny thing it is that people in capitalist societies are ok with everything being resold for a profit - housing, shares, antiques and on and on.

Just not concert tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

The only issue with selling tickets is the amount of fake ones are being sold and how easy it is to counterfeit them.

I think Irish should be taught in schools and be on signs etc precisely because education is about the transmission of culture as well as training. Irish before coding.

Rote learning is fine as a teaching method.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭HorrorScope

I think Irish should be taught in schools and be on signs etc precisely because education is about the transmission of culture as well as training. Irish before coding.

Rote learning is fine as a teaching method.

Coding will earn you money, Irish will earn you brownie points in a Gaeltacht pub while you are staring at your shoes wondering why you can’t get a job.

Advertisement