Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Upcoming Fights **Mod note: Keep discussion to fight night threads**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,622 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Not feeling this ring walk thing by woods and his choice of music

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 54,584 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wood heavy hands as well, so always a possibility

Wood looks a weight bigger

This is tasty

Woods’ defence his big weakness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Close soo far

Wood took couple dingers there…

All square?

Both landing beautiful power shots. That power jab to body from Wood is stunning

Lara looks if he landed clean he could be devastating, but Wood seems to be landing cleaner and would be ahead on my scorecard.

• Advertisement

Lara looking little lost. Wood very clinical. His range is key

Post edited by walshb on

Wood 4-2

Good idea to throw the towel I think, shame, 1 clean punch and done

There ya go. I said 5-7

Wood looked very hurt there..

I thiught Lara was getting tired and the couldn’t close the distance and then bang

goodnight

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Robert Nairac

I had it 5-1 to Wood and Lara looked like he was on the way out. What a shot.

Looked to me like Lara could have gotten in to do serious damage had Wood been allowed continue

I agree, even with only 12 secs left, sensible call. A shame, Lara looked like he was getting a bit gassed, if Wood had got through another round or two he probably had it.

Wood surprised me. He fought very well, but his defence is too shaky. Wood was always a B level champion.

• Advertisement

Rematch clause 🤷‍♂️

Josh right. Wood should have put the foot on the gas more.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Robert Nairac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I see Conor Benn has been cleared using the excuse that he ate a lot of eggs.

Barry Jones is thinking Conlan could beat Lara.

I actually thought of Conlan on this, and had I real confidence in his chin/stamina I might lean with him.

I think he would have enough skills, feet, generalship, defence and guile to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Lads I know its going to be a shambles, but **** it I will be watching Paul and Fury,,,,bookies have Paul slight fav which is fascinating as he has only beaten retired ufc fighters, but Tommy Paul has only beaten postmen!

Isn’t it the wbc that has cleared him because he makes them money and they want him ranked as a fighter so they get a higher % 🤷‍♂️

I’m not sure if ukad and vada have cleared him, I haven’t caught up on it properly

fella must have rated 40 eggs a day to gets levels of clomid and even then it’s a rare thing, it’s all bo77ocks but money talks and the truth doesn’t matter

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I don’t think Conlans power (or lack of) would be enough to keep Lara off him, technically he’s a superior boxer to both men but as you said there’s other factors like his chin and stamina that let him down, along with not being able to stay out of a war.

I’d say if Mick tried to stand and bang with Lara the way he did for parts of the wood fight he’d be ko’d.

Yes, his lack of power to discourage Lara would concern me, but if stamina and chin were solid then he may get away with power deficiency

• Advertisement

From a boxing spectacle I reckon it’s horrible to watch. Both are very basic, and likely they make for an awful viewing. I have zero interest in watching it.

Advertisement