Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

It’s morning time, finished in the gym, greatest thing about hotel gyms is that they are usually relatively empty, so get in, do an hour of stuff and get out.

Had a Nespresso, breakfast food will be around 11am, 4 hours after getting outta bed as that results in a 14 intermittent fasting day.

Corona test #30 tomorrow and then (hopefully) back to work, this should be interesting as we are allowed to go internationally these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

2 slices for me Seph :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

VxM8uBJ.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Smurfjed, what's the temperature like there, we're just above zero here currently, a real sharp drop off.

Ted stay cosy, I'll get the tea and toast on soon ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I had tea with toast and jam. Woke up too early and me joints are achin' :(

That's what I had as well, what's wrong with the auld joints?
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Make some for me too Seph.

Just stuck my toe out from under the duvet & too chilly to venture from under it.
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    2 slices for me Seph :pac:

*Slides 2 plates over*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

That's what I had as well, what's wrong with the auld joints?

Arthritis flaring from cold mornings and heating isn't on here yet. I put on the electric heater though as can't be doing otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Beautiful bright morning, bitterly cold , car had a nice coating of Frost a few hours ago . Washing out to dry , coffee time now .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Do I have to get up?? Awake from 6 till just after 8. Zonked again till a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Morning my lovelies! Glad to hear about all of the negative covid tests :)

On the couch eating peanut butter from the jar, it's going to be a good day :p

I have no space for it but I gave in and bought a microwave yesterday and also 5 jumpers and a coat :o

In my defence I couldn't fit my coat in my suitcase and I am in Aberdeen after all! And after putting on so much weight I need more winter clothes :o though at this stage maybe my blubber will keep me warm :D

Happy Saturday one and all.

I'm in the bed but will soon be coffeeside. It's a Formula 1 weekend here :p But later pints without food will be drank and I am beside myself with the excitement :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Smurfjed, what's the temperature like there, we're just above zero here currently, a real sharp drop off.)

Nighttime 24, daytime 38, so extremely nice with the dry humidity. I saw the Dublin temperature this morning at 4C, ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Phoenix, one can't expect to winter in Aberdeen without a new winter coat and 5 new jumpers! 5 jumpers is positively spartan for Aberdeen. I bought with a new winter coat and have no excuse apart from the fact that my Regatta coat needs to be dry cleaned and I don't have anything to replace it with when it's at the cleaners. I wanted a non anorak /parka type to pose in when I occasionally break out of prison. I gave up trying to find one with a hood (I don't do well with umbrellas ) because all I could find were duffle coats and I can't do them, even ironically. I just end up looking like Paddington bear. What I got in the end is a long, large check woolen trench coat style number with strong 80s retro vibe. It put on a smile on my face, as did my studded biker boots. No excuse, just want to be adequately clothed and shod for winter and look and feel like ME.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Phoenix, one can't expect to winter in Aberdeen without a new winter coat and 5 new jumpers! 5 jumpers is positively spartan for Aberdeen. I bought with a new winter coat and have no excuse apart from the fact that my Regatta coat needs to be dry cleaned and I don't have anything to replace it with when it's at the cleaners. I wanted a non anorak /parka type to pose in when I occasionally break out of prison. I gave up trying to find one with a hood (I don't do well with umbrellas ) because all I could find were duffle coats and I can't do them, even ironically. I just end up looking like Paddington bear. What I got in the end is a long, large check woolen trench coat style number with strong 80s retro vibe. It put on a smile on my face, as did my studded biker boots. No excuse, just want to be adequately clothed and shod for winter and look and feel like ME.

For some reason I'm picturing you as Alison moyet from the 80's in the coat and boots style.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Going to where I am. OK? OK!
    Am waiting for amazon to restock their own brand breadmaker as I have some money towards one if it is that price, else a second hand one it will be. Spendthrift I am ! Almost " bedtime" here; no stamina these days ;)

For some reason I'm picturing you as Alison moyet from the 80's in the coat and boots style.

You're not far off!

ETA: Now I've got 'Love Resurrection' going for an ear worm. How bad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭Onshuh

Sardonicat wrote:

Well the style coat you got is back in fashion now. I'm well learned on ladies fashion doon't you knoow... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Lumber jackets seem to be making a comeback in the youth.

To thine own self be true

Lumber jackets seem to be making a comeback in the youth.

Yeah! They like to sneer at my generation but they can't get enough of our music and style! I'm an icon to the young! (That's what I like of tell myself, anyway!)

Onshuh wrote: »
    Well the style coat you got is back in fashion now. I'm well learned on ladies fashion doon't you knoow... :D

It is now that I'm wearing it !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Paper read, garden done, exercise completed. Bored now. Want to be meeting buddies for a rake of pints and bad decisions. But home instead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Meds taken, dinner packed, time for the trundle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

@ Phoenix, enjoy!! Aberdeen is a lovely city. Granted its like a decade since I was there but I loved it, very old school place, lovely market on Saturdays, if that's still going on nowadays. Pubs were magic too, really nice people as well. I loved it there. I like Scotland in general though anyway. And by jaysus a girl with a Scottish accent is an attractive combination, best accent in the world imo.

Anyway, I'm just in the door from a days fishing. Long story short(ish), a few weeks ago I found this really overgrown stretch of canal off the beaten track which is what I love when fishing, just timed it to be there for the sun rising on a Friday morning on a day off work a few weeks ago and the fog/mist was rising off the canal and I strolled down it with all my fishing gear and it was beautiful sitting there without a sound apart from the birds chirping. It ended up being my best ever days fishing, I was catching bream the size of a giant wok and plenty of them, it was unreal. So I sent all the pics of the fish to a friend who's into fishing and he was saying you have to bring me with you next time. (as a by the way, I wouldn't have it in my nature to hurt a living creature so all fish went back alive and safe).
    So anyway we planned this for weeks, today was the day. Roughly 120 quids worth of groundbait, bait, tackle, enough sandwiches to feed an army, etc later and I got up at 5.30am this morning and I'm having brekkie and listening to Temper Trap Sweet Disposition up full blast in the kitchen and all made up for the day ahead. We packed enough stuff to sink a ship, all set for 13 hours marathon of fishing and I had said to him, we'll catch huge ones here, purely based on my last outing.
    So off we went. Got there in the dark, sun came up, beautiful setting. First fish was the size of your hand and I laughed and said don't worry they'll get bigger over the hours.
    So anyway, next one was slightly smaller and next one smaller and so on.... eventually we were catching fish smaller than a goldfish.
    9 hours later after 23 goldfish had been caught, we gave up. No idea why it went from so good to so bad in that few weeks but I've never seen fish as small as these :D If you had a tadpole and doubled it in size, yer not far off :D
    He laughingly accused me of bringing him to the wrong place deliberately to keep the good spot from last time for myself :pac:
    Beautiful day though, the right hand side of my face has turned a sun-kissed pink and the left hand side looks no different than it did prior to the goldfish fishing.
    In the sunroom now and sipping a craft beer and listening to The Zombies - Time of the season, great song. Dinner is in the oven. I kinda fancied getting a take away but I'm gone right off fish and chips.

Hope you feel better than yesterday, Grem.

Been foostering about my bedroom having a tidy round, sort out and vacuum. Will be ironing shortly then off to the bathroom for some personal grooming.

The life of a style icon is never as glamorous as it looks from the outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Fireside after another glorious day, great 7 km walk earlier in fantastic Autumn sunshine albeit with a nip in the air but one of those fantastic day's for a brisk walk. Settled down for the night now catching up on a few bits online and about to consume a nice cool bottle of beer from the fridge :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

NewRed2 wrote: »
    @ Phoenix, enjoy!! Aberdeen is a lovely city. Granted its like a decade since I was there but I loved it, very old school place, lovely market on Saturdays, if that's still going on nowadays. Pubs were magic too, really nice people as well. I loved it there. I like Scotland in general though anyway. And by jaysus a girl with a Scottish accent is an attractive combination, best accent in the world imo.

Anyway, I'm just in the door from a days fishing. Long story short(ish), a few weeks ago I found this really overgrown stretch of canal off the beaten track which is what I love when fishing, just timed it to be there for the sun rising on a Friday morning on a day off work a few weeks ago and the fog/mist was rising off the canal and I strolled down it with all my fishing gear and it was beautiful sitting there without a sound apart from the birds chirping. It ended up being my best ever days fishing, I was catching bream the size of a giant wok and plenty of them, it was unreal. So I sent all the pics of the fish to a friend who's into fishing and he was saying you have to bring me with you next time. (as a by the way, I wouldn't have it in my nature to hurt a living creature so all fish went back alive and safe).
    So anyway we planned this for weeks, today was the day. Roughly 120 quids worth of groundbait, bait, tackle, enough sandwiches to feed an army, etc later and I got up at 5.30am this morning and I'm having brekkie and listening to Temper Trap Sweet Disposition up full blast in the kitchen and all made up for the day ahead. We packed enough stuff to sink a ship, all set for 13 hours marathon of fishing and I had said to him, we'll catch huge ones here, purely based on my last outing.
    So off we went. Got there in the dark, sun came up, beautiful setting. First fish was the size of your hand and I laughed and said don't worry they'll get bigger over the hours.
    So anyway, next one was slightly smaller and next one smaller and so on.... eventually we were catching fish smaller than a goldfish.
    9 hours later after 23 goldfish had been caught, we gave up. No idea why it went from so good to so bad in that few weeks but I've never seen fish as small as these :D If you had a tadpole and doubled it in size, yer not far off :D
    He laughingly accused me of bringing him to the wrong place deliberately to keep the good spot from last time for myself :pac:
    Beautiful day though, the right hand side of my face has turned a sun-kissed pink and the left hand side looks no different than it did prior to the goldfish fishing.
    In the sunroom now and sipping a craft beer and listening to The Zombies - Time of the season, great song. Dinner is in the oven. I kinda fancied getting a take away but I'm gone right off fish and chips.

Sounds great, used to go tench fishing in this wild pond at day break, mirror calm, smoke faeries of mist on the the pond surface, oh the anticipation...

As for the Scottish accent on a girl, I love it...

Sitting on the couch having a wine after the longest run I think I'll ever ever do, it was perfect weather and it was for charity...

Our hurling club is in the county final, we haven't won it in 83 years !!
    The nerves are kicking in...
    Wish us luck everyone...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,822 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In , can't warm up at all today .

Grem ,know you're going to work but take it as easy on yourself as you can .

Gone Home , good to see you back posting.

4AD, fingers crossed for ye , which county?

4Ad wrote: »
    Sounds great, used to go tench fishing in this wild pond at day break, mirror calm, smoke faeries of mist on the the pond surface, oh the anticipation...

Ah yeah that's it exactly, and nicely described by the way! It's pure magic!
    Wonderful feeling, day break fishing is just a joy, yer full of hope about the day ahead but at the same time loving the way you're away from life, it's like the world stops for a while and you're just sitting there in pure peace and calm and the stress of yesterday just melts away as the float bobbles under, it's bliss.
    Best time of the day by a mile is day break water side and the water like a sheet of glass with that lovely fog coming from the water.
    Tench are a lovely fish but for some reason I never caught many of them, bream I seem to catch alright, even though the techniques and places you'd go for both are similar. The bream I caught the last time were just monsters but today I'd say if a tench took a fart the bubbles would be bigger than the little tiddler roach we were catching. One of those days....

Much wild beeping of car horns in town, club game went the right way for some locals it seems :) Deskside listening to Jenny Greene ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭thomil

Home blogside, making the best of the fact that my writer's block seems to have packed up for the time being.

Oh, and in the process of demolishing one of these beauties: https://www.austriansupermarket.com/sweets-snacks/wafers/manner-original-neapolitan-wafers-4-pcs

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

Listening to Cilla Black "knowing I love you" now while sipping an O Haras craft beer in the sunroom. Right so I'll freely say I like a couple of Cilla Black's songs. I'd get shot dead by most of my mates for saying that, well I only have a few anyway, so that's 2 people out of 3, but I liked her stuff.
    It's actually a cracking song and she gives it proper welly, sorta like modern day Adele does but she's dreary as fook so I'd prefer Cilla. Maybe it goes back to my love of anything to do with Liverpool and someone once told me that at one stage 4 of the top 5 singles in the UK were once all from Liverpool, between The Beatles(twice), Cilla and another band who's name I've forgotten. I'm not sure if that's true but I love it. Liverpool is, and always has been a wonderful place.
    Anyway..............
    So anyway usually I'd listen to one Cilla song and then jump away to other bands and back to Cilla's other song and stuff.
    But tonight I listened to Cilla's two songs back to back and there's a weird pattern...
    From Knowing I love you:
    1) Anyone who had a heart would love me, why wont you?
    2) I take you back - Without you I'd die dear
    From You're my world:
    1) you're my world, you're my night and day
    2) you're my world, you're every breath I take
    3) If our love ever ceases to be, its the end of the world for me

I know they were different times back then but no feminism medals going for our Cilla :D
    Tad needy with the auld lyrics.

I'm away now to have another beer and listen to The Police "every breath you take I'll be watching" Feckin stalkers :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement