Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coronation Street [News, Spoilers and Discussion] contd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

harr wrote: »
    A terrible amount of filler content, the waffle between the 3 of the them in factory office while waiting for Sarah was brutal and no need for it ..

That was painful to watch and pointless too.

Seems like Geoff is the new client that seriously assaulted Nicki (she must have described him in the hospital), obviously in Ray's hotel where she likely does all her trade. Ray likely is a big-time pimp. It's all unfolding now.

Have you taken up script writing? I do like your line of thought!

Have you taken up script writing? I do like your line of thought!

I once did a script writing course to get me out in the evening :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Could he have taken Geoff's envelope and somehow used it to get that money? It was odd seeing him with it all at the end.

I think the prostitution story started out alright but then it's like they gave up and went with a cliched and lazy direction.

Mary and Brian were great as usual but they can't lean on them forever.

So am I the only one who hates Mary? I find her an un-funny space filler.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I don’t like her either seems to be a nasty side to her aswell if u don’t agree with her.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

fin12 wrote: »
    I don’t like her either seems to be a nasty side to her aswell if u don’t agree with her.

I suppose 'Mother' made her like that. I wish they would follow through on that sometimes. It would make her more interesting than the bumbling fool she is now. The current crop of writers don't seem to know what to do with anyone.

FGS, the dogs in the street knew Peter is a recovering alcoholic. There would be no great surprise/scandal that he would be advising Abi.

Just tell the 'big London client' the truth. Her car broke down. She will be late. Do they not have phones in Weatherfield that she could ring him, apologise and park him in the bistro/Roy's rolls at Underworld's expense?

I don't care about Michael and his (or not his) baby, sorry. I am not at all invested in him. He is ex gf is quite clearly crackers, shouting at Carla in his defence.

What’s with all the filler scenes with brain Mary toy ah and Michael

Toyah & Mary deserve better the other two I don’t care about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Can't stand Mary, nothing about her appeals to me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,190 ✭✭✭bobbyss

This thing of Mary and Brian went on and on. Such utter and complete nonsense. Viewers are not five year olds.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

casio4 wrote: »
    Why was Nikki wearing a face mask in a hospital bed? She has a head injury for feck sake she needs to breathe

Ah sure the mask situation is gas. They all take them off as soon as they walk into the pub/shop/House.

Was there a time in the UK that they were for out door use only?

• Advertisement

Remember when she kidnapped Norris?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭threetrees

Abi and Tim should have an affair, since they are a couple in real life it's the only exception to SD they can do.

Ah I like Mary, silly filler story alright. I thought the story was going to turn into "don't pick wildflowers" rather than the type of flowers! I get a bit peeved when they are picked, they are there for everyone to enjoy, not just the person who picks them. (I sound like Mary, no wonder I like her!).

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭magicray

The factory story line with Toyah and Michael was cringeworthy - they must have been mortified doing it

I like Mary and Brian as characters but that flower story was ridiculous :rolleyes:

Daniel is a very good actor imo I am liking his storyline with Nikki - it would be great if she was the one to bring down Geoff

• Registered Users Posts: 84,906 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why did Geoff go see Adam, Imran is Yasmeen's solicitor so no information can be given out or him taken on as conflict of interest with him being the "victim"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

bobbyss wrote: »
    This thing of Mary and Brian went on and on. Such utter and complete nonsense. Viewers are not five year olds.

It was too ridiculous for words. How anyone could sit down and write such drivel is truly bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,906 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Daniel should write a piece on Geoff, investigate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭Alice1

Yay, g'wan Daniel

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

I'm not glad fiz is back

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

I may not have seen every second of the previous few episodes- why was Geoff walking around with a big wad of cash anyway and exactly how much is it?

*Edit: Daniel just said £5k, sorry!

Shelga wrote: »
    I may not have seen every second of the previous few episodes- why was Geoff walking around with a big wad of cash anyway and exactly how much is it?

How did Alya know it was €5K?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Have they given up altogether on any sort of storyline ? ...such rubbish tonight & Fizz / Tyrone stupid storyline is a new low

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭happyday

Did anyone notice in the back room of the pub the same family photo is on the wall by the door and on the mantle piece?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Dreadful episode. Not one interesting storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Shelga wrote: »

I thought I missed something as well, then I thought maybe it was some sort of cheque Daniel fraudulently managed to cash, but apparently he's just casually walking around with that money on him, not knowing where he put it or anything.

The way he says "I must have left it on the counter at the bank" and then instead of being worried about £5,000 getting stolen has another go at Daniel on the way out is so ridiculous - are they actually having a laugh at us at this point?

If I'm walking around with five grand on me for some reason, I'm going to know exactly where it is at all times. Falling out of the jacket pocket... now come on. And he doesn't even suspect Daniel who was right there attacking him again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭threetrees

Abi: Kevin or Peter, Kevin or Peter, Peter or Kevin, Peter or Kevin..... No competition really. Who'd pick Kevin over Peter?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

why are they filling time with this bake off s**te between Ty and Fiz it's not funny? They are supposed to be raising money for a sick boy and they are putting salt in cakes instead of sugar? The mind boggles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Dreadful episode. Not one interesting storyline.

I switched over to the Bake Off Extra Slice half way through, the Kevin -Peter storyline was so bad, I literally couldn't watch anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

I think I preferred just 3 episodes a week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

The chemistry between Fizz and Tyrone just sizzles on screen doesn't it? I'm going to ring up the helpline number at the end and let them know that I too have been the victim of ice cubes in my cakes. No, that's not a euphemism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Lennox Gilbey

Ah please stop. Yer woman waves an open envelope full of dosh in public just as Geoff walks by.

Advertisement